ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Went the tent sale at Oakridge around noon, took a stroll around the tables for 10 minutes and bounced. Didn't want to waste time going through the dog pile of clothes lol. Only saw 2 pairs of black/red Rose 6 in size 9, Southside Lux in size 8.5, couple back/red Rose 773 IVs and only Lillards were the Halloween 1s in big sizes. Majority of the shoes are miscellaneous running, training, soccer, casual shoes if that's what you are looking for.

$15 off $75 code: CBACKTOSCHOOL if anybody held off on buying from that ebay seller for $85. Code expires tomorrow, credit to samKQboro for posting in the coupon thread

edit: Not sure if it works, it said in sporting goods category

Also if you guys didn't get this in your email. 15% code for adidas.com easier way than making another email account
https://ssf.adidas.com/cep/dc.actio...60818_EventadidasBday6484-_-BirthdayCTA&ipd=0

Last edited:
$15 off $75 code: CBACKTOSCHOOL if anybody held off on buying from that ebay seller for $85. Code expires tomorrow, credit to samKQboro for posting in the coupon thread

edit: Not sure if it works, it said in sporting goods category

Gave it a try and it said can not be applied to this item.  Not sure if it's expired or just not working.  Thanks for posting, though! 
nthat.gif

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the grey CLB16s from that ebay seller. Sized down half despite having a wide feet.

Just curious but does Adidas make basketball socks comparable to Nikes Elites or Stance?

Did anyone that bought from the eBay seller get shipping confirmation and a tracking #? Or did they just show up? I asked if my order has shipped yet after 3 days and he just updated the status to shipped and didn't update the tracking.

I've only read/heard heel slip on the CLB16, not on the CE. It has an inner bootie that pretty much hugs the foot so I'd be surprised if it's loose unless the size is too big. I think I even remember one review saying the heel and midfoots a bit narrow?

Last edited:
And you didn't hit me up for those size 9 Roses?!... :tongue:
Didn't know you were in the market for a pair or else I'd ask. You don't own a pair or looking for another for cheap? They're probably gone now! :tongue:

Just curious but does Adidas make basketball socks comparable to Nikes Elites or Stance?

These are their top of the line socks currently. I have a pair and they are better than all the other adidas basketball socks in the past couple years. Has a good stretch and cushion to them. It doesn't show a lot of fraying. Worth a try.
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:250718/adidas-traxion-menace-crew-mens

I've only read/heard heel slip on the CLB16, not on the CE. It has an inner bootie that pretty much hugs the foot so I'd be surprised if it's loose unless the size is too big. I think I even remember one review saying the heel and midfoots a bit narrow?
I've heard from a couple of people that the top lace loops loosen up every so often while playing/ training. Either Nightwing or Jahronmon mentioned it on YouTube also.

It's not too bad, but mine do it too. It's just the smooth laces don't grab real well when tied. Double knot and it's good.

I don't think that plastic in the back of the sample is going to prevent the laces coming loose

and thanks for the link to Adidas socks @thapointguy, might give it a try if I find a pair on sale in person and it looks like they have it in quarter version too which is a length I prefer

I wouldn't mess with Adidas performance socks.  I have no experience with those particular models, but I do with others.  I had a bad experience with some Rose socks way back when the Rose 3's were out.  Lost elasticity and shape really easily.

Then I gave some Lillard socks a shot, which also have the Traxion label and are priced similarly to those above.  They were much better and performed great, but they lost too much fabric too quickly until they were literally threadbare at the heel.  I just use my other pair casually now.

In my experience, regular Nike elites are the best value, and last the longest.  They toss the word "elite" around too easily, but when it comes to those socks it's 100% accurate.  Haven't tried the new Stance NBA socks yet.

This ebay code cprep4school16 seems to work since people in the UB thread are using it.

As for the socks I dont wear them everyday so I don't know the durability. All $10 VIPs go towards socks so I got dozen of bball socks to rotate for days lol. I agree with the Rose socks though they stretch out rapidly.

So here's the message that ebay seller sent me 5 days after I paid for the shoes:
[h3]Hello my friend!
I am so sorry. in transit it shipper have been accident. There was a few cuts in that shoes. Now I dont have it in stock.
So can I refund your money?[/h3]
Uh huh....

Looks like his jig is up don't see the listing anymore. Anybody that ordered get the same message? Maybe the shipment was messed up?

Did you return your original pair back to adidas(or where ever you got it from) yet?

Last edited:
Looks like his jig is up don't see the listing anymore. Anybody that ordered get the same message? Maybe the shipment was messed up?

Did you return your original pair back to adidas(or where ever you got it from) yet?

He relists frequently

I haven't received any messages from him but he does still have the Boost ZG listing up.

Back
Top Bottom