ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I dunno about y'all, but I put my kicks on and take them off once for 2 hours. And within those two hours, I'm full court breaking them in... and in those 2 hours I'm happy to be locked in, contained, and supported. An annoying 15 seconds is there, but I work with it or just slam my foot a few times and forget it :lol:

I love the ridges on the PK version. I feel like it'll stop the stretching I experienced with the last year's model.

I love the ridges on the PK version. I feel like it'll stop the stretching I experienced with the last year's model.
This! I haven't even seen them in person yet but this "forged" knit is worth mentioning more! Oh and my CE PK lows didn't really stretch at all. If anything they varely broke in or changed since new. The underlay on the knit was real.

This! I haven't even seen them in person yet but this "forged" knit is worth mentioning more! Oh and my CE PK lows didn't really stretch at all. If anything they varely broke in or changed since new. The underlay on the knit was real.
I ended up doing a neoprene pair of the lows cuz I ended up with a nasty sprained ankle because of the highs stretching on me and losing lock down.

I ended up doing a neoprene pair of the lows cuz I ended up with a nasty sprained ankle because of the highs stretching on me and losing lock down.
Damn!! Awful. Hate to hear that.. 100% validated .. my buddy I run w that has the neoprene lows hasn't been pleased with the durability at all. Ripping at the eyelets and such.

Anyone with the pk17s able to comment on the rubber durabilty? I know people keep advising against it but I would like to hoop in these outdoor as well. The courts near my house aren't really rugged with the pavement. My kobe 9s have held up EXTREMELY well in these courts and everyone was saying how soft the traction is. My kobe 9s still haven't worn down yet after a good amount of play time at my local ball courts.

Anyone with the pk17s able to comment on the rubber durabilty? I know people keep advising against it but I would like to hoop in these outdoor as well. The courts near my house aren't really rugged with the pavement. My kobe 9s have held up EXTREMELY well in these courts and everyone was saying how soft the traction is. My kobe 9s still haven't worn down yet after a good amount of play time at my local ball courts.
no way you should use these outside, they would fray like crazy after a few wears tbh

I can't agree more. KD9's, KD 10s, Hyperdunk 16 Elite, Lebron XIV, and the CE17 PKs all would be better with a traditional tongue. Taking them off and on would be easier. One piece uppers often have thinner tongues and coupled with needing to wrench down the laces to help with lockdown often results in extra lace pressure - sometimes too much. This also can lead to heel slip/lift as you loosen the laces to minimize the lace pressure. The shoes can look really nice with the one piece upper, but I buy basketball shoes for playing ball so I want them as functional as possible.

Lucky for us adidas decided to do the non PK version of the CE17s that have a traditional tongue. I'm not sure if I'll try those next or wait for the lows.

Great breakdown

I dunno about y'all, but I put my kicks on and take them off once for 2 hours. And within those two hours, I'm full court breaking them in... and in those 2 hours I'm happy to be locked in, contained, and supported. An annoying 15 seconds is there, but I work with it or just slam my foot a few times and forget it :lol:

We do too, we can still comment on the process of putting the shoes on.

If the 9's held up, these should too.

such a fire colorway. Never gonna pay resell for shoes I'm gonna be balling in tho =/
Same. This is why I was so sad when the lebron 8 south beaches were so expensive back in the day. I just wanted to hoop in them for ball during my high school days.

giannisdagod giannisdagod holy crap the pk17s are TIGHT. 13 didn't fit. My feet were gasping for air. They didn't have a 13.5 or 14 so I don't know if they'd even fit. There was about a thumbs width of length from toe to tip. Can anyone comment if sizing up made it too long? Also holy hell y'all weren't exaggerating how hard it was to put on.

giannisdagod giannisdagod holy crap the pk17s are TIGHT. 13 didn't fit. My feet were gasping for air. They didn't have a 13.5 or 14 so I don't know if they'd even fit. There was about a thumbs width of length from toe to tip. Can anyone comment if sizing up made it too long? Also holy hell y'all weren't exaggerating how hard it was to put on.
I went .5 up from my TTS 12.5 and I have the same amount of room as you. The break in after a few games. At least for me they did. Room in the front didn't change but the PK kinda stretched a little giving me more wiggle room.

damn ya thinking 13.5 would be enough? it’s a hard pill to swallow that i’m a size 14 lmao

damn ya thinking 13.5 would be enough? it’s a hard pill to swallow that i’m a size 14 lmao
Did you try on a 13 and 14? There's no 14 in stores :frown: Idk how 13.5 will fit but I always feel like a 14 is too long. Only time a 14 was ever good on me was my pair of flyknit lunar 1s. My problem is that it's suffocating. It doesn't hurt like the drose 7s but it's also not comfortable in a 13 for me. I wish they had bigger sizes in store.

Did you try on a 13 and 14? There's no 14 in stores :frown:Idk how 13.5 will fit but I always feel like a 14 is too long. Only time a 14 was ever good on me was my pair of flyknit lunar 1s. My problem is that it's suffocating. It doesn't hurt like the drose 7s but it's also not comfortable in a 13 for me. I wish they had bigger sizes in store.
i tried a 13 and 14 in different shoes with mixed results, harden vol 1 im a 13.5 , harden Ls i could fit a 14 ,crazy explosive lows 2017 13.5 as well , adidas really just has crazy sizing. i’m gonna order the 13.5 in the grey/yellow colorway cause i don’t trust a 14 either

i tried a 13 and 14 in different shoes with mixed results, harden vol 1 im a 13.5 , harden Ls i could fit a 14 ,crazy explosive lows 2017 13.5 as well , adidas really just has crazy sizing. i’m gonna order the 13.5 in the grey/yellow colorway cause i don’t trust a 14 either
I'm a 13.5 in the LS. I tried it on because the guy said they had a random 13.5 in stock at the adidas store. It was pretty nice. Sounds like you might have a little wider foot than me. How was the 14s in the CEs?

I'm a 13.5 in the LS. I tried it on because the guy said they had a random 13.5 in stock at the adidas store. It was pretty nice. Sounds like you might have a little wider foot than me. How was the 14s in the CEs?
maybe but i’m a skinny dude and my foot reflects my body and it seems skinny to me as well who knows, 14 in the CEs just seemed way too big for me

Took me forever to find this but but here's Jaylen Brown wearing the low top
IMG_6103.PNG

So basically same shoe but with the sock collar cut?

That and 4 eyelets instead of 5.

So far the lows look promising. I do like heel/ankle/tongue shape better on the 16 lows than the chopped sock look on the 17 lows. Just a preference from the limited pics we've seen so far. Ultimately I just want some functional and comfortable lows. Can't wait for them to release.

Last edited:
Took me forever to find this but but here's Jaylen Brown wearing the low top
Yeah this is the pic i was talking about. I thought I saw him wearing on his IG or IG story.
I like them, same shape, just a revised upper/collar.

Jaylen Brown :nthat:
Celtics :pimp:

Holy, so I got off work late and decided last minute I wanted to shoot around at the gym last night so I didn't bring my CEs and wore my Kobe XI Eulogy's to shoot around. Long story short they asked if I wanted to play some 3 on 3 and of course I was down. Played just a few games but my legs afterwards were kinda sore and achy. It was such a foreign feeling after balling solely in my CE lows for the last few months, god bless Boost and Adidas, never ever going back to balling in Nikes ever again tbh

Back
Top Bottom