ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

B920F009-8D24-4DAC-9325-7D71DAB24F7C.png
Didn’t see this in the futurecraft thread but it’s a laceless b-ball futurecraft. Interesting.

JS”

There were two version of those were on display at 747, one white one black. Guy at the display couldn't give me any info other than they were bball prototypes.

IMG_4165.JPG
IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_4170.JPG

There were two version of those were on display at 747, one white one black. Guy at the display couldn't give me any info other than they were bball prototypes.

IMG_4165.JPG
IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_4170.JPG

Thanks! Doesn’t seem like they’re anywhere near being ready for performance but it’s an interesting concept nonetheless.

JS”

Did we know the crazy light boost were coming? Kind of surprised to see those

Nope, complete surprise. I was told by an Adidas person that the clb would be overseas now and the Harden line was taking it's place here. Guess that changed.

so best thing to do, is just buy it now.. pay more for it and cut your losses or wait months and not being certain it will release?

Just can't keep my name out of your mouth can you. Here's the deal - when I have some actual information I will put it here. I won't speculate like others do and try to make opinions fact. You know, like the Boost you wear will sell out first day. I think we have already seen from the website and from people finding these in stores that they're not as wanted as you would believe.

this is true, i went on ADC and saw them "sitting", and i'm wondering what happened? wasn't the info on NT correct that they should have been sold out. i'm not interested in copping a pair at msrp so it doesn't really matter to me either way, but i was surprised to see them "sitting".

this is true, i went on ADC and saw them "sitting", and i'm wondering what happened? wasn't the info on NT correct that they should have been sold out. i'm not interested in copping a pair at msrp so it doesn't really matter to me either way, but i was surprised to see them "sitting".

Link??

I think you might be slightly confused the byw regular are currently sitting. The ones some of us are interested in are the byw x performance model for basketball, those haven't released and were pushed back to the fall or further notice. Nicekicks.com had them in stock but they sold out in popular sizes. Adidas never launched the byw x for sale on adidas.com I was ready that day to drop my money but nothing happen.

I think you might be slightly confused the byw regular are currently sitting. The ones some of us are interested in are the byw x performance model for basketball, those haven't released and were pushed back to the fall or further notice. Nicekicks.com had them in stock but they sold out in popular sizes. Adidas never launched the byw x for sale on adidas.com I was ready that day to drop my money but nothing happen.

same here... no one cares for the lifestyle byw

Damn random drop, no marketing push, everything invested in sig lines and 747 hype around ASW. Strange, let’s see if any NBA players wear the CLB18 on court..

Yeah, my 16's are still going strong, so I'm good. They're on the shelf for now because I play in the CE Low for my Boost fix.

The 16 is a good shoe for me overall though. I'd be surprised if the 18 is worse in any way.

Decided to try slicing the strobel boards on my CLB and CE17s as recommended a few pages back. I didn't remove them, just sliced them in a few directions to allow some give as my feet are pretty sensitive with any uneveneness. It didn't seem to make too much of a difference for the CLB, possibly because they already feel very soft, but for the CE17s it did feel more plush. No stability issues either, if you were worried about that, just feels like the Boost can compress a bit more.

sorry guys, my bad for the "sitting" confusion. don't even know which is which anymore. but now i know the basketball version hasn't been released yet!!

CLB18 could have easily been John Walls sig too, really sucks some of these shoes with so much potential gets no love from Adidas.

Hmmm....those have a BYW X sole but don’t have the collar like the X. They look very very good. Anymore pics??

JS”

27881485_148421162485417_2968881458866814976_n.jpg

sorry guys, my bad for the "sitting" confusion. don't even know which is which anymore. but now i know the basketball version hasn't been released yet!!
You don't have to say my bad you were right. The whole thing started out over the lifestyle byw and getting them on discount then progressed to how if the basketball version byw are released wide scale they will "sit" too.

I had the chance to play in the byw x this past sunday.
I'm not a sneaker reviewer lol, but here are my thoughts.
They were really comfortable and accommodated my wide feet. I pretty much get a size 11.5 in most of my shoes and these fit me fine with a little bit of toe space. For comparison, the crazy explosive lows are super narrow on me.
The cushion is a bit weird because the forefoot is super firm and the head feels like a spongey ball under it. I run on my toes so the transition didn't bother me much. However, I wish the forefoot was softer. its really low to the ground and firm and not my preference really. I can see it working for others but iI think its weird for a shoe to have boost but you can't feel it lol. I think changing the sock-liner should help me personally.
I love the sock ankle and they feel like lows. The laces came undone a few times.
Thats all really lol. These kicks are dope and remind of maybe the Kobe 2 or 3s with a nicer upper. I think I compared them to the 29s before but the cushion doesn't match at all.
I forgot to take pick with them on foot lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I had the chance to play in the byw x this past sunday.
I'm not a sneaker reviewer lol, but here are my thoughts.
They were really comfortable and accommodated my wide feet. I pretty much get a size 11.5 in most of my shoes and these fit me fine with a little bit of toe space. For comparison, the crazy explosive lows are super narrow on me.
The cushion is a bit weird because the forefoot is super firm and the head feels like a spongey ball under it. I run on my toes so the transition didn't bother me much. However, I wish the forefoot was softer. its really low to the ground and firm and not my preference really. I can see it working for others but iI think its weird for a shoe to have boost but you can't feel it lol. I think changing the sock-liner should help me personally.
I love the sock ankle and they feel like lows. The laces came undone a few times I think because of the metal tips.
Thats all really lol. These kicks are dope and remind of maybe the Kobe 2 or 3s with a nicer upper. I think I compared them to the 29s before but the cushion doesn't match at all.
I forgot to take pick with them on foot lol.

How’s traction and lockdown?

Back
Top Bottom