ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

They're just sitting on Adidas dot com.

Adidas would rather burn their entire stock than put these on sale lol.

Definitely want a pair...

They just came out for mass release why would they put them on sale so soon? Nobody really does that. Wonder why they only have from 8-11.5 too.

I don't trust Adidas. They had this shoe out of stock on release day till Now all of a sudden they are in stock for purchase.

I knew it was a fake sell out. Thru the app.

I've played multiple times in the BYW X and I haven't noticed the traction peeling at all.
I'm more of a forefoot player so the traction on my heels tend to stay in fine shape.
I don't think the traction on BYW X are any less durable than the Kobe 360 AD or Crazy Explosive.
I'll post pics later.

I've played multiple times in the BYW X and I haven't noticed the traction peeling at all.
I'm more of a forefoot player so the traction on my heels tend to stay in fine shape.
I don't think the traction on BYW X are any less durable than the Kobe 360 AD or Crazy Explosive.
I'll post pics later.
What's your thoughts on em, is it a smooth heel to toe transition and does it feel heavy on feet?

I think they're dope.
They don't feel heavy at all as long as they're laced up. The laces are really thick and tend to come undone so I have to double lace. They won't come off because of the sock, but the heel slips if they're not laced properly. You're locked in otherwise. I actually didn't realize there was some weight to them until it was brought up in a review. I tend to like lighter shoes more but I don't notice the weight on these because of the fit.
I do have a decoupled feeling but the midfoot support isn't lacking at all. I wouldn't say they have a smooth transition like the Hardens Vol 2 but def smoother than the Jordan 29s.
They also feel a lot lighter than the Harden Vol 2 and lower to the ground. They're almost too low to the ground for me, especially in the forefoot. Thats really my only problem with the shoe. I wish the forefoot was more cushioned. It seems like that is an adidas problem. I added some metatarsal inserts in the forefoot, just to get a little softness, but it was almost too much lol. The traction from the midpoint on is excellent and I haven't experienced any durability issues. I've played in them about 12 hours already.
I have a friend who also plays in his pair and he wears them almost every time we play. He has a pretty big rotation so its a surprise for me to see him in one pair so often.
IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

Last edited:
I think they're dope.
They don't feel heavy at all as long as they're laced up. The laces are really thick and tend to come undone so I have to double lace. They won't come off because of the sock, but the heel slips if they're not laced properly. You're locked in otherwise. I actually didn't realize there was some weight to them until it was brought up in a review. I tend to like lighter shoes more but I don't notice the weight on these because of the fit.
I do have a decoupled feeling but the midfoot support isn't lacking at all. I wouldn't say they have a smooth transition like the Hardens Vol 2 but def smoother than the Jordan 29s.
They also feel a lot lighter than the Harden Vol 2 and lower to the ground. They're almost too low to the ground for me, especially in the forefoot. Thats really my only problem with the shoe. I wish the forefoot was more cushioned. It seems like that is an adidas problem. I added some metatarsal inserts in the forefoot, just to get a little softness, but it was almost too much lol. The traction from the midpoint on is excellent and I haven't experienced any durability issues. I've played in them about 12 hours already.
I have a friend who also plays in his pair and he wears them almost every time we play. He has a pretty big rotation so its a surprise for me to see him in one pair so often.
IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG
Props on the review fam, appreciate it. I tried the casual versions before and they were good, wish they wouldn't cage in the forefoot like they do on all models I agree wholeheartedly on that. Hoping that colorway releases or maybe even a full PK version but doubt they'd do that.

Props on the review fam, appreciate it. I tried the casual versions before and they were good, wish they wouldn't cage in the forefoot like they do on all models I agree wholeheartedly on that. Hoping that colorway releases or maybe even a full PK version but doubt they'd do that.

Does the casual fit true to size, and is it alright for wide feet? I'm kinda interested since they're on sale and are supposably really comfy.

Last edited:
Does the casual fit true to size, and is it alright for wide feet? I'm kinda interested since they're on sale and are supposably really comfy.
Yeah they're TTS, maybe a tad bit on the narrow side but it's really nothing, I have slightly wide feet and I was fine in em.

You spoke to soon they are sitting but Adidas drop the price down from $200 to $180.

I'm gonna wait til I see $100 dollar or less price tag by the end of fall or Winter Shopping.

Weartesters has just reported on the new adidas bounce sneakers for this upcoming basketball season. Sounds like these are coming out instead of CEs for 2018. If that's the case, then I'm very disappointed. Looking forward to hearing from Duke and anyone else with adidas insight...

Weartesters has just reported on the new adidas bounce sneakers for this upcoming basketball season. Sounds like these are coming out instead of CEs for 2018. If that's the case, then I'm very disappointed. Looking forward to hearing from Duke and anyone else with adidas insight...
I guess they want to save Boost for their premium (Harden) line but still a bad decision IMO.

Back
Top Bottom