ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're blind if you can't see how different these are from the typical uncaged custom. The devil is in the details, as with most shoes.
Some previous quotes about uncaging could be dug out but why bother.  Plenty of folks have talked about how removing the cage ruins the lines of the shoe, is never justified, means you're disrespecting the Adidas branding, etc.  I don't remember anyone saying that if an uncaged UB just had eyelets, it would go from a monstrosity to fire.  Makes no difference to me either way, but it's just funny to see the 180s and defensiveness.

Last edited:
There have been 3-4 uncaged UBs that I've seen that I liked, the rest I've hated for the most part and have been very vocal about it.

I like these & will continue to hate on the bad, uninspired customs I see.

Cageless UB? ✓

Collab with a Euro shop? ✓  

Already took an L on this release yesterday 
laugh.gif

srs not a fan of the collar

looks better on the NMD if that makes sense?
100% agree.  Thankfully for my wallet I don't really like it on the NMD, either.  On the UB, it just adds an unrefined, tube sock look to an otherwise tight design.

Serious question:

If they were to make an Ultra Boost 2.0, what could you see them changing/upgrading?

It's hard for me to say considering the shoe is pretty well rounded already.

I may only prefer the original Futurecraft sample's sillhouette and its bulkier sole (but obviously not made of honeycomb mesh plastic stuff).

Serious question:

If they were to make an Ultra Boost 2.0, what could you see them changing/upgrading?

It's hard for me to say considering the shoe is pretty well rounded already.

I may only prefer the original Futurecraft sample's sillhouette and its bulkier sole (but obviously not made of honeycomb mesh plastic stuff).
For me the biggest thing that seems to be coming soon will be different color boost.  Apart from getting dirty so easily, the white has that styrofoam cooler look that I don't want to be wearing all the time.  I would also like them a little looser on the top of foot, or perhaps with a traditional tongue configuration, but I guess we have that in the STs.  Just can't get with the looks of those.

A little question on the UB. Do I go with the same size with my flyknit racers (follow the UK size), or do I half size up (follow the US size)?

Back
Top Bottom