ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Almost everyone here in this thread scooping a pair while i'm here in my country drooling on all your pairs. Man it sucks when the only great colorway we released was MG and 3m.
LOL, don't even trip man. Many of us over here aren't copping. You only see most of the success stories 
laugh.gif

Nah. Its a low paying job and people shouldn't act like idiots just because they MUST have something and they work there.

Its just the mentality of our society. Oh you work here, so I'm going to treat you like my ***** just because.

There's a certain point where enough is enough. You act courteous to someone and they act like a jerk to you, thats a whole other thing.

Some of the stuff i read here makes me just shake my head. I'm embarrassed with this shoe culture.

Just the old fart coming out of me I guess
Well being an old "fart" you can probably remember the time when even low-paid jobs, people actually cared.

Every retail place or low paying job places I see these self-entitled, un-motivated, disrespectful workers who feel they need a raise for what they deal with.

Things would be much easier if they actually hire competent, passionate people. But no, they hire those who can work all day weekends and closing shifts.

Shoe culture is a young person game so with this generation's traits, we are doomed. It's the older folk who act a fool for these shoes that should know better.

NMDs are like the consolation prize for not being able to score UBs. At least that's what I've been told?

So you really changed your mind when you said UB's are dead?
Not quite yet but less confident as before. The Breakfast Club interview has me changing opinion. Pre-meditated sure but none of the Sampled UBs have officially released yet. All-whites are scheduled for May so we'll see what else comes out.

I still have my wallet open in preparation for @tankdayglo   lunch.

Imagine, this is ONLY for one release/restock. Imagine what they have to go through with every single drop.

All these people calling non-stop every hour on the dot. I agree with you - they are not paid to deal with requests over the phone. Take care of your physical customers first.

As far as holding pairs for backdoor sales, I don't like it, but I don't blame them. Look how much they're getting paid.

Some of you guys need to stop being so bratty and quit calling them non-stop. 

exactly. Every damn release, its some nonsense for these guys. They you have the entitled dudes who come in, and probably rarely spend a penny in store, trying to be their buddies hoping to score. Clowns.

Again, 93% of the dudes they have to deal with are clowns.

Definitely don't agree with the back dooming, but like you said, I don't blame them. Cant say I wouldn't be doing it if I worked at a sneaker shop, making $700 every two weeks.

Well being an old "fart" you can probably remember the time when even low-paid jobs, people actually cared.

Every retail place or low paying job places I see these self-entitled, un-motivated, disrespectful workers who feel they need a raise for what they deal with.

Things would be much easier if they actually hire competent, passionate people. But no, they hire those who can work all day weekends and closing shifts.

Shoe culture is a young person game so with this generation's traits, we are doomed. It's the older folk who act a fool for these shoes that should know better.
#1: What competent person works a low paying job?

#2: It's hard to be passionate about customer service with these kinds of jobs.

#3: I'm sure these employees are more vested in those who actually come to the store vs. calling. Sure, it's more convenient to call, but they are paid to take care of physical customers.

Everyone can't be educated and competent. Otherwise, who would be willing to work these jobs? At the same time, they are human as well, and deserve the level of respect that any human would.

Would you be annoyed if someone kept calling non-stop for a shoe release? No? Imagine if you had another 200 individuals doing the same exact thing. See where this gets out of hand for the employees?

Sometimes, you need to place yourself in their shoes and understand what they are going through. I don't care what you've learned - the customer is NOT always right.

NMDs are like the consolation prize for not being able to score UBs. At least that's what I've been told?
I'll try to get the camos and triple blacks but after that I'll probably pass on NMDs. UBs are just so much more comfortable, I'd rather spend my money on those

Not quite yet but less confident as before. The Breakfast Club interview has me changing opinion. Pre-meditated sure but none of the Sampled UBs have officially released yet. All-whites are scheduled for May so we'll see what else comes out.

I still have my wallet open in preparation for @tankdayglo   lunch.
laugh.gif
  I'd choose UB over NMD.

believe me, i understand what you're saying about hiring competent and passionate people. But you get what you pay for. You can't expect to get great people at $10 an hour (I don't even know what they make, just throwing out a figure). I have assistants at my work place who make $12 an hour. One out of ten is an exceptional employee. Its the exception.

How are you going to hire great people when you pay such a low wage? Too many people think "they collect a paycheck, so they should care." That aint reality.

#3: I'm sure these employees are more vested in those who actually come to the store vs. calling. Sure, it's more convenient to call, but they are paid to take care of physical customers.

Everyone can't be educated and competent. Otherwise, who would be willing to work these jobs? At the same time, they are human as well, and deserve the level of respect that any human would.

Would you be annoyed if someone kept calling non-stop for a shoe release? No? Imagine if you had another 200 individuals doing the same exact thing. See where this gets out of hand for the employees?

Sometimes, you need to place yourself in their shoes and understand what they are going through. I don't care what you've learned - the customer is NOT always right.
#1 College students trying to pay college tuition/books

#2 Some jobs are worse than others but effort should be the same if you apply for them

#3 You are trained to deal with both customers ( I used to work at a Footlocker)

Everyone can't be educated and competent but you represent a company so if you treat customers like trash, people think the company is trash.

If they non-stop call, you don't have to answer. You are not obligated to answer phones if you are helping physical customers.

Customer is not always right I agree, but they don't get paid like the employee. There are plenty of 'now hiring' signs. If you don't like your job, find a new one. Retail is plentiful with new jobs.

@pg62 drop by your local champs and get me a size 10. Lol.
No bueno... Didnt get them
I called the 3 or so Champs today in SD. Not sure the likelihood of any getting Chalks/Creams if they don't even have normal UBs in stock. I didn't even think to check Mission Valley when I was in there and on the phone, I was told they didn't carry UBs in general. Not sure if that was a BS story, but ... not looking too promising tbh 

stop trying to make logical sense on NT. Its forbidden.

Last edited:
#1 College students trying to pay college tuition/books
#2 Some jobs are worse than others but effort should be the same if you apply for them
#3 You are trained to deal with both customers ( I used to work at a Footlocker)

Everyone can't be educated and competent but you represent a company so if you treat customers like trash, people think the company is trash.

If they non-stop call, you don't have to answer. You are not obligated to answer phones if you are helping physical customers.

Customer is not always right I agree, but they don't get paid like the employee. There are plenty of 'now hiring' signs. If you don't like your job, find a new one. Retail is plentiful with new jobs.

you're really living in a fantasy world. In an ideal world, all of the above would be possible.

I called the 3 or so Champs today in SD. Not sure the likelihood of any getting Chalks/Creams if they don't even have normal UBs in stock. I didn't even think to check Mission Valley when I was in there and on the phone, I was told they didn't carry UBs in general. Not sure if that was a BS story, but ... not looking too promising tbh 
Just incase you manage to drop by and find creams there kindly inform me or @pg62. Please! I need my size 10. Thanks fam!

Just incase you manage to drop by and find creams there kindly inform me or @pg62. Please! I need my size 10. Thanks fam!
I'd try for a 10.5 for you, but your grubby hands won't touch a 10 
roll.gif
 Papi needs his first; however ... if I miraculously ran into multiples, I'll let you know. Don't hold your breath unless these turn into the whites all over again.

stop trying to talk sense on NT. Its forbidden.
I clearly did not see that part in the forum rules. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regardless, to wrap it all up, just remember that not everyone's work ethic will be the same as yours, regardless of what job you are at. You don't expect exceptional service going to a Motel 6, but you do with a 5 star hotel.  If you do receive great service, then that's a plus.

Now take this principle, and apply it toward Champs. I'd like for you to fill in the blank:

"You don't expect exceptional service at _______________, but you do with Barney's New York/Saks Fifth Avenue/Neiman Marcus/Nordstrom."

#LOVE is the answer.

you're really living in a fantasy world. In an ideal world, all of the above would be possible.
I repsond to people on NT, of course I live in a fantasy world.

Big ups to $15 minimum wage in the coming years. I guess we are gonna have friendlier and more helpful Footlockers.

Big ups to $15 minimum wage in the coming years. I guess we are gonna have friendlier and more helpful Footlockers.

Catch 22. I'm actually AGAINST the new $15 minimum wage law thats coming.

I'd try for a 10.5 for you, but your grubby hands won't touch a 10 
roll.gif
 Papi needs his first; however ... if I miraculously ran into multiples, I'll let you know. Don't hold your breath unless these turn into the whites all over again.
Yeah scoop yours first. Actually I already have a 10.5 but I prefer a 10 because all my other pairs are a 10. Thanks for the help fam!

Yeah, right. I think even if you paid them $30 an hour they'd still be jerks. That's not to say there aren't some really nice ones working there either. In general, it's a crap shoot whether they're relatively nice or not. Some just need to be thankful they answered the phone. In most cases during a hyped released you get the busy tone ALL DAY.

Back
Top Bottom