ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How dudes be wearing these pants? Do you guys have some very skinny thighs or something? 
nerd.gif

I tried them once and they were hugging my nuts way too much. I got them squat thighs. 
mad.gif

Last edited:

How dudes be wearing these pants? Do you guys have some very skinny thighs or something? 
nerd.gif

I tried them once and they were hugging my nuts way too much. I got them squat thighs. 
mad.gif

I've got Banana Republic Traveler Jeans -- they  have some stretch -- highly recommended if you squat

Unless ADC does a restock on creams, I see them going back up in price again. Even on GOAT, pairs that could have been had for 230-240 shipped are turning into 260-270 shipped. Hope everyone that wanted pairs got theirs. 
happy.gif

Unless ADC does a restock on creams, I see them going back up in price again. Even on GOAT, pairs that could have been had for 230-240 shipped are turning into 260-270 shipped. Hope everyone that wanted pairs got theirs. 
happy.gif

Really? I see the opposite. People are getting rid of their pairs for ~$210-$220. The marketplace is flooded and the hype for the shoes had died down a lot since it's not as exclusive as before. The ADC restock will come soon similar to the previous Mystery Grey drop. 

Last edited:
Adidas is the future. Nike is still building plenty of business off their retros and limited releases, but they are starting to get left behind. Look at most of their new offerings. They use simplistic knit uppers with low top well cushioned platforms and are taking many design cues from Adidas shoes. It's obviously a reactionary move to Adidas success. The last time I remember Nike being reactionary to a market was when they had to respond to Reebok and the pump technology. Them being reactionary= no new ideas. Adidas is tweaking the look of midsoles, uppers, lacing, etc in a much more radical way. Nike doesn't want to stray too far from their traditional designs and its going to hurt them if they don't think more out of the box.

It makes sense, Adidas now has most of Nike's most innovative designers working for them. The only thing Nike has that no one else is offering is the auto lacing technology. They have been sitting on that too long, and in the meantime Adidas is eating them up with new stuff.
Adidas has done some nice things with the UB, Yeezy, etc. but it's way too early to say Adidas is the future.  Unless you want to spout some real stats as to market share and unit sales they have taken from Nike in the marketplace Adidas is the one with a long way to go.  They aren't even close to "eating them up".   I'm not taking shots man so don't take offense but a few nice models and a relationship with Kanye is not knocking Nike from being the big dog any time soon.  And before someone says it ... I wear UBs and I love them but I also still rock plenty of the swoosh.  I'm not hatin.

This article has actual data from November 2015 so unless Adidas has jumped Nike's revenue by about 69 billion bucks in the last 5 months I'm guessing not much has changed.  By the way - UA is the second leading footwear brand in the US ...ahead of Adidas.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/11/09/nike-adidas-market-shares/

Adidas is the future. Nike is still building plenty of business off their retros and limited releases, but they are starting to get left behind. Look at most of their new offerings. They use simplistic knit uppers with low top well cushioned platforms and are taking many design cues from Adidas shoes. It's obviously a reactionary move to Adidas success. The last time I remember Nike being reactionary to a market was when they had to respond to Reebok and the pump technology. Them being reactionary= no new ideas. Adidas is tweaking the look of midsoles, uppers, lacing, etc in a much more radical way. Nike doesn't want to stray too far from their traditional designs and its going to hurt them if they don't think more out of the box.

It makes sense, Adidas now has most of Nike's most innovative designers working for them. The only thing Nike has that no one else is offering is the auto lacing technology. They have been sitting on that too long, and in the meantime Adidas is eating them up with new stuff.

Supreme in the avatar, make sense :lol:

I hate when you try to hook someone up with a pair and they just start ignoring you after they tell you they want them. Who's got time for this foolishness. I'd keep them if I wore a 9.

What water repellent spray do you all use on Grey Wools/Creams?

I tried some of my Vans spray that I've used on every shoe and boot I own (suede, leather, and flyknit material) on a small patch and it left the wool feeling really sticky. Not sure if this was just my experience or if all water repellents will behave the same with the wool primeknit.

Adidas has done some nice things with the UB, Yeezy, etc. but it's way too early to say Adidas is the future.  Unless you want to spout some real stats as to market share and unit sales they have taken from Nike in the marketplace Adidas is the one with a long way to go.  They aren't even close to "eating them up".   I'm not taking shots man so don't take offense but a few nice models and a relationship with Kanye is not knocking Nike from being the big dog any time soon.  And before someone says it ... I wear UBs and I love them but I also still rock plenty of the swoosh.  I'm not hatin.

This article has actual data from November 2015 so unless Adidas has jumped Nike's revenue by about 69 billion bucks in the last 5 months I'm guessing not much has changed.  By the way - UA is the second leading footwear brand in the US ...ahead of Adidas.

I think people tend to confuse market share with brand value, awareness, and relevance. In terms of numbers, it's simply just such a huge task to challenge Nike on a global scale. Being sneakerheads, I think we tend to leave out and undervalue the amount of non-hype Nike purchases there are on a regular basis, from runners, to sport specific shoes, to lifestyle kicks, plus all the athletic apparel that is accessible and so well known to nearly every demographic there is out there. Also having some of the biggest names in sport (althugh Underarmor has them beat with every MVP on their roster), it's hard to beat Nike as an athletic apparel powerhouse.

What adidas has been focusing on, and where it undoubtedly takes the upper hand over nike (at least in the past year or so) is brand value and awareness, especially in the scope of lifestyle product (vs athletic product). The partnerships and campaigns the brand has executed haven't necessarily driven their sales past Nike's, but rather has made them a much more currently relevant and talked about brand which in turn does wonders for their longevity as well as their ability to continue to build on their momentum through further celebrity partnerships and large scale global campaigns / releases like the NMD or even the Consortium world tour. Brand ambassadors like Ye, P, Luka Sabbat -- like it or not these guys are the tastemakers that young people are watching on a day to day basis, and the ones that are bringing cultural and social relevance back to adidas

I hate when you try to hook someone up with a pair and they just start ignoring you after they tell you they want them. Who's got time for this foolishness. I'd keep them if I wore a 9.

Thats Internet etiquette for you lol. I would've taken them if I didn't already order my pair of creams (I'm assuming) off goat.

Really? I see the opposite. People are getting rid of their pairs for ~$210-$220. The marketplace is flooded and the hype for the shoes had died down a lot since it's not as exclusive as before. The ADC restock will come soon similar to the previous Mystery Grey drop. 

I'm predicting Adidas will drop a restock online around late May, early June. That's the end of the second quarter for sales.

I think people tend to confuse market share with brand value, awareness, and relevance. In terms of numbers, it's simply just such a huge task to challenge Nike on a global scale. Being sneakerheads, I think we tend to leave out and undervalue the amount of non-hype Nike purchases there are on a regular basis, from runners, to sport specific shoes, to lifestyle kicks, plus all the athletic apparel that is accessible and so well known to nearly every demographic there is out there. Also having some of the biggest names in sport (althugh Underarmor has them beat with every MVP on their roster), it's hard to beat Nike as an athletic apparel powerhouse.

What adidas has been focusing on, and where it undoubtedly takes the upper hand over nike (at least in the past year or so) is brand value and awareness, especially in the scope of lifestyle product (vs athletic product). The partnerships and campaigns the brand has executed haven't necessarily driven their sales past Nike's, but rather has made them a much more currently relevant and talked about brand which in turn does wonders for their longevity as well as their ability to continue to build on their momentum through further celebrity partnerships and large scale global campaigns / releases like the NMD or even the Consortium world tour. Brand ambassadors like Ye, P, Luka Sabbat -- like it or not these guys are the tastemakers that young people are watching on a day to day basis, and the ones that are bringing cultural and social relevance back to adidas

Solid post right here.

Adidas is more relevant than ever in the lifestyle genre. But they have a long way to go to prove themselves. They have hype and limited numbers on Ultra Boost and Yezzy models. What happens when they undoubtedly expand production-they have to for profits sake and to appease shareholders-and what was once rare becomes common? We are already seeing the attitude towards the Cream/Chalk Ultra Boost change as people are adapting to the idea that they are not all the rare and elusive anymore, people now want a great deal and aren't willing to fork over 275-320 for a pair, or even 250..when just a week ago they would've jumped at the offer. Adidas is defiantly on the right track, our generation wants stylish gear that's also comfy and effortless. A great example is "luxury" hoodies.
Nike & Jordan proved that no matter there numbers, limited or GR, they will put out a relevant product and adapt to the changing scene & will always be desired. Adidas need to add more models than the Ultra Boost and it's very similar sibling, the NMD to have staying power and maintain. Hopefully they do

What water repellent spray do you all use on Grey Wools/Creams?

I tried some of my Vans spray that I've used on every shoe and boot I own (suede, leather, and flyknit material) on a small patch and it left the wool feeling really sticky. Not sure if this was just my experience or if all water repellents will behave the same with the wool primeknit.
I use the kiwi brand, the same stuff I use on all my shoes including racers and 5 pairs of boosts. It works fine just clean the plastic shortly after applying.

I made a similar post a few months back, and while not concrete evidence, the fact that people are even discussing this shows there is something there.

I pretty much summed it up as UB are a foothold into what could be a big leap for the brand. They have people's attention but what they come up with next will show if this is a real shift in the market or just a small blip that died out in a few years. 

I made a similar post a few months back, and while not concrete evidence, the fact that people are even discussing this shows there is something there.

I pretty much summed it up as UB are a foothold into what could be a big leap for the brand. They have people's attention but what they come up with next will show if this is a real shift in the market or just a small blip that died out in a few years. 
Totally agreed. They got the momentum, now it's just a question of whether or not they capitalize over the next year or so. 

Back
Top Bottom