ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys , I'm new to adidas boost tech and I made the mistake of trying a pair at the mall on Sunday and now I'm hooked. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I didn't like the fit of the ultra boost but fell in love with the pure boost 2.0 ( I like the slimmer look)
Any advice on that model ? Discounts ? I want the raw pure boost 2.0 in grey and also the black pair . Do they run TTS ? I tried my regular 8.5 like I wear in air maxes and they seemed fine, a little loose only.

These are the 2 models I want with a discount

View media item 1999535View media item 1999536

I've always compared UBs as to music is to their hit Single. And NMDs as their first album. They have a long way to get to Nike levels but this is a great start.

Solid post right here.
Solid post right here.

I think people tend to confuse market share with brand value, awareness, and relevance. In terms of numbers, it's simply just such a huge task to challenge Nike on a global scale. Being sneakerheads, I think we tend to leave out and undervalue the amount of non-hype Nike purchases there are on a regular basis, from runners, to sport specific shoes, to lifestyle kicks, plus all the athletic apparel that is accessible and so well known to nearly every demographic there is out there. Also having some of the biggest names in sport (althugh Underarmor has them beat with every MVP on their roster), it's hard to beat Nike as an athletic apparel powerhouse.

What adidas has been focusing on, and where it undoubtedly takes the upper hand over nike (at least in the past year or so) is brand value and awareness, especially in the scope of lifestyle product (vs athletic product). The partnerships and campaigns the brand has executed haven't necessarily driven their sales past Nike's, but rather has made them a much more currently relevant and talked about brand which in turn does wonders for their longevity as well as their ability to continue to build on their momentum through further celebrity partnerships and large scale global campaigns / releases like the NMD or even the Consortium world tour. Brand ambassadors like Ye, P, Luka Sabbat -- like it or not these guys are the tastemakers that young people are watching on a day to day basis, and the ones that are bringing cultural and social relevance back to adidas
Adidas has done nice things and have become relevant again.  I totally agree.  That is great and I won't argue that at all.

The fact that you say they have the upper hand over Nike in brand value and awareness I would argue is not true in any segment including lifestyle.  That's a totally subjective opinion for which there is no data to back up the opinion.   Please quantify their impact on the lifestyle market with data and facts rather than opinion and I'll support the argument.

Really? I see the opposite. People are getting rid of their pairs for ~$210-$220. The marketplace is flooded and the hype for the shoes had died down a lot since it's not as exclusive as before. The ADC restock will come soon similar to the previous Mystery Grey drop. 
I still think that ADC is going to restock in the next week or two, but if they didn't restock, I could see prices going back up as the desperation shifts. Right now the sellers are desperate to make even a little cash before an impending ADC restock. However, the longer it goes without a restock, the more desperate buyers will get and the cheap pairs will get snapped up. As supply shrinks, the prices wil rise.

That said, I don't think we'll end up seeing that because I still believe in the ADC restock.

Adidas has done nice things and have become relevant again.  I totally agree.  That is great and I won't argue that at all.

The fact that you say they have the upper hand over Nike in brand value and awareness I would argue is not true in any segment including lifestyle.  That's a totally subjective opinion for which there is no data to back up the opinion.   Please quantify their impact on the lifestyle market with data and facts rather than opinion and I'll support the argument.
The last podcast for HS was about building a brand and one point they make, Nike started out as a running shoe company. What really made them giant is basketball. So as a brand, if they initially set out to make a great running shoe, they failed because if you go to any legit running shoe you aren't walking out in Nike's. 

I think adidas is nailing the lifestyle shoe in a great way. I haven't been into shoes for a long time, I really just kind of bought stuff that I thought looked cool or thought was nice. Yeah Jordans are nice, I have 2 pairs, and I have nike killshots, but if I'm going to go out then I'm picking the most confortable and nicest looking show and right now thats the Ultra Boost.

That's fair -- there isn't any quantifiable data... such is the nature of word of mouth and buzz. I'm sure there are analytics out there based on social media traction and interaction as well as press hits, but I'm not privy to this information really -- and since you have no numbers quantifying Nike's reach over adidas, I'd say neither are you. I'm not asking you to really support my argument, it's more my opinion and perspective on what's going on in the environment based on what I see and what I hear people talk about -- not based on any numbers. I do work in the industry (and we do lots of work with adidas) so I'd say I have a good idea of what's buzzing and what's not, but, again, these are my own opinions formed based on my personal experiences.

To your point, though, I agree that it could be argued both ways -- especially with Nike being such a foundation in the industry, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone that didn't know what Nike was. On the other hand, I find it hard to argue with kind of buzz adidas creates around its product these days. Like you said, it's all subjective!

That's fair -- there isn't any quantifiable data... such is the nature of word of mouth and buzz. I'm sure there are analytics out there based on social media traction and interaction as well as press hits, but I'm not privy to this information really -- and since you have no numbers quantifying Nike's reach over adidas, I'd say neither are you. I'm not asking you to really support my argument, it's more my opinion and perspective on what's going on in the environment based on what I see and what I hear people talk about -- not based on any numbers. I do work in the industry (and we do lots of work with adidas) so I'd say I have a good idea of what's buzzing and what's not, but, again, these are my own opinions formed based on my personal experiences.

To your point, though, I agree that it could be argued both ways -- especially with Nike being such a foundation in the industry, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone that didn't know what Nike was. On the other hand, I find it hard to argue with kind of buzz adidas creates around its product these days. Like you said, it's all subjective!

Purely anecdotal, but I just got back from a 2 week trip in China yesterday. Adidas was everywhere and Nike was almost non-existent :lol: If they weren't wearing Adidas, they were wearing Anta, Li-ning, or some random no-name shoes.

Purely anecdotal, but I just got back from a 2 week trip in China yesterday. Adidas was everywhere and Nike was almost non-existent
laugh.gif
If they weren't wearing Adidas, they were wearing Anta, Li-ning, or some random no-name shoes.
nike will be relevant in china so long as basketball is popular in china. chinese people are crazy over kobe still and pay ridiculous amounts to buy out all his shoes over there.

nike will be relevant in china so long as basketball is popular in china. chinese people are crazy over kobe still and pay ridiculous amounts to buy out all his shoes over there.

You're probably right about that. I was speaking more from a lifestyle sneaker point of view and from what I saw walking around the cities.

To anyone that has ever copped a random UB drop on Barneys.com (SB, HSB, Creams, 3Ms, etc) using their own #teammanual methods, I could use your help testing something I'm working on. If interested, please PM. Looking for 1-2 people for now. Thanks.

To anyone that has ever copped a random UB drop on Barneys.com (SB, HSB, Creams, 3Ms, etc) using their own #teammanual methods, I could use your help testing something I'm working on. If interested, please PM. Looking for 1-2 people for now. Thanks.
trying to test when the product goes live with the possible 5-10 links i presume?

Back
Top Bottom