ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HesKicks on YouTube already covered this about a week ago. Puma sent him a pair and he compared the two.
As I suspected, he says the responsiveness of the Puma NRGY foam isn't nearly as much as it is in Boost. Which is probably due to the fact that Puma went to a different firm to copy the material once adidas made BASF the best offer & they developed BASF's "Infingery" material (which BASF had already made on it's own) into Boost together.

Check this interview with one of the BASF engineers involved with Boost, they came up with idea back in 2009.

http://blog.adidas-group.com/2013/0...ergy-of-boost-insights-from-our-partner-basf/

"So you put it in a briefcase and went off to see the customer?

Pretty much. In this case, we benefited from BASF and adidas’s more than 25-year history of working together, and the fact that I visit there several times a month. adidas had lots of questions: How does the material react and how do you process it? But they recognized immediately that the properties were unique and unprecedented."

&

"Does this mean that ‘Energy Boost’ now has nothing to do with the material that was “discovered” in the lab once upon a time?

On the contrary, the basic material is identical to what it was then. But it’s the many small adaptations and modifications that make it the ideal material for a running shoe."

Last edited:
Oh I'm definitely not buying cause they look pretty wack to me and I'm not the biggest fan of Puma to begin with.

But I'm just curious about the foam & how close it is to boost.

At $60 for the first NRGY, I tried so damn hard to get to a yes, but I can't. They are just too ugly. I felt like if I were to cop these, I might else as well just go all the way and buy some Sketcher Shape Ups or something.

At $60 for the first NRGY, I tried so damn hard to get to a yes, but I can't. They are just too ugly. I felt like if I were to cop these, I might else as well just go all the way and buy some Sketcher Shape Ups or something.
You can get $60 NRGYs? Hmmm. Maybe I could harvest a pair to finally make some "boost" insoles.

When you select "Buying options" at Amazon, you'll notice most (if not all) those listings with appealing prices are from vendors that have "just launched" status. Caveat Emptor.

That 3m is definitely fake. Look at the sellers store front. 
Ah man, my heart was jumping when I saw that post 
frown.gif

Then I went to the site and it was a full size run from a just launched vendor.

I would be so mad if these ended up being legit 
nerd.gif
  But that's very unlikely since that vendor is also selling Feezys for $210.00 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm debating which one to keep. The left one is size 13 and right is size 12. I like the look of the 12 better, slimmer, but not sure if my wide feet look weird in it. On the right side of the right shoe, the foot seems to overflow, if that makes sense. 

The 13 clearly feels more comfortable but as you can see in the photo, I have quite a lot of room in length the toe box. 

Any thoughts based on photos?

The general recommendation is to go with whatever is more comfortable in my opinion but if the 13 has too much toebox space, go with the 12. Seems like 12.5 is your best bet though. Let me know if the 12 ever becomes available though. :smile:

I'm debating which one to keep. The left one is size 13 and right is size 12. I like the look of the 12 better, slimmer, but not sure if my wide feet look weird in it. On the right side of the right shoe, the foot seems to overflow, if that makes sense. 

The 13 clearly feels more comfortable but as you can see in the photo, I have quite a lot of room in length the toe box. 

I went through this same thing when I copped my 1.0 core blacks. But I tested an 11 and 11.5, do they not make a 12.5? I think that may be a better size for you... a FS jump is tough.

View media item 2066251

View media item 2066252

View media item 2066253

View media item 2066254

View media item 2066255

View media item 2066256
Whats your TTS? If 13 feels great on you I think you would feel the snugness of the 12. 12.5 would be your best option or try the 12 without insole.

Back
Top Bottom