ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adidas Alerts just tweeted some pics of the "Ultra Boost All-Terrain", basically a new black/grey gradient with some sort of waterproof material in the toe. I think I'd take this gradient over the 2016 CB gradient 
grin.gif

Adidas Alerts just tweeted some pics of the "Ultra Boost All-Terrain", basically a new black/grey gradient with some sort of waterproof material in the toe. I think I'd take this gradient over the 2016 CB gradient 
grin.gif

These will be good for those who actually want to run in them haha. But basically just the core blacks 

That article is actually a little misleading, Puma's NRGY tech is not boost. It's very similar but it was not developed by BASF, it was developed by Huntsman Corp. I'm sure the two products are super similar but there are a lot of articles out there that make it sound like Puma is just using boost in their shoes, which is not the case.

Puma started working with BASF first to develop Boost tech in 2009 but their contract was terminated in 2011 when Adidas paid a undisclosed sum of money to BASF for exclusive rights to Boost. Puma then partnered with Huntsman Corp in 2013 how much of the initially developed BASF boost tech transfered over between companies is anyones guess?

Puma started working with BASF first to develop Boost tech in 2009 but their contract was terminated in 2011 when Adidas paid a undisclosed sum of money to BASF for exclusive rights to Boost. Puma then partnered with Huntsman Corp in 2013 how much of the initially developed BASF boost tech transfered over between companies is anyones guess?
I also believe the info that Puma started working w/ BASF on boost first is false.

My understanding is that BASF developed boost on their own and started shopping it around to various shoe companies & adidas ended up making them the best offer.

Regardless, the NRGY foam is probably produced in almost the exact same way, I wouldn't be surprised if it was basically the same thing. Next time I hit the mall I'm actually gonna see if any stores have the Pumas in stock, I'm curious now haha.

Last edited:
I want to try the NRGYs too since I'm still leery of using my UBs to run in and mess them up. I'm currently using rocket boost.  Anyone know the mileage cap for replacing boosts? Even with outsole still intact.

Friends & Family sale on puma.com until tomorrow drops the price from $125 to $75. 40%Code: PUMAFF16. 

Edit: I think I'll buy a pair as a test run. Puma's return policy on these is pretty good.

Select Faas, Mobium, IGNITE, and NRGY running shoes also qualify for our 30 Day Test Run program: Go ahead. Get them dirty. Put them through their paces. If you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will gladly accept your return (in any condition) within 30 days of purchase using our normal returns process below.

Last edited:
Saw new core blacks in person today for the first time and really didn't think they were that bad tbh. Would not shell out retail for them but they would be some decent beaters to kick around town in with no dams givin. I think the problem is that you have to let them stand alone as there own shoe. They really shouldn't be CB 2.0 because they don't remotely resemble the 1.0 at all just like whites. They are their own shoe and should be looked at that way imo

Last edited:
Saw new core blacks in person today for the first time and really didn't think they were that bad tbh. Would not shell out retail for them but they would be some decent beaters to kick around town in with no dams givin. I think the problem is that you have to let them stand alone as their own shoe. They really shouldn't be CB 2.0 because they don't remotely resemble the 1.0 at all just like whites. They are their own shoe and should be looked at that way
I got umm for half price and to me, they're the perfect everyday shoe. Don't have to worry about them getting dirty really, obviously comfortable, and go with anything. Obviously not a limited release or anything special, but a great shoe nonetheless 

I want to try the NRGYs too since I'm still leery of using my UBs to run in and mess them up. I'm currently using rocket boost.  Anyone know the mileage cap for replacing boosts? Even with outsole still intact.

Friends & Family sale on puma.com until tomorrow drops the price from $125 to $75. 40%Code: PUMAFF16. 
Oh I'm definitely not buying cause they look pretty wack to me and I'm not the biggest fan of Puma to begin with.

But I'm just curious about the foam & how close it is to boost.

Saw new core blacks in person today for the first time and really didn't think they were that bad tbh. Would not shell out retail for them but they would be some decent beaters to kick around town in with no dams givin. I think the problem is that you have to let them stand alone as there own shoe. They really shouldn't be CB 2.0 because they don't remotely resemble the 1.0 at all just like whites. They are their own shoe and should be looked at that way imo

I feel the exact same way. I initially copped because i needed a back up pair for my CB1. After receiving them, I was able to get the CB1 again, so i ended up returning and getting two more pairs of CB1.

I use to feel this way about the Royal 2.0, until I saw them in hand for the first time. Very underwhelming. From this point on, they should never be called "Royal" Blue because that blue just isn't as nice as the original royal blues.

I was disappointed.

I also believe the info that Puma started working w/ BASF on boost first is false.

My understanding is that BASF developed boost on their own and started shopping it around to various shoe companies & adidas ended up making them the best offer.

Regardless, the NRGY foam is probably produced in almost the exact same way, I wouldn't be surprised if it was basically the same thing. Next time I hit the mall I'm actually gonna see if any stores have the Pumas in stock, I'm curious now haha.

HesKicks on YouTube already covered this about a week ago. Puma sent him a pair and he compared the two.

Pretty sure that both Adidas & Puma were working together with BASF from 2009 but BASF developed exclusively with Adidas from 2011. Thats what multiple news sources have confirmed anyways. I'm sure BASF had been working on different compounds before but i believe both sports brands steered BASF towards the properties that Boost offers. I've yet to hear contrary to this?

Eitherway I'd like to try a pair on but Puma have failed miserably on aesthetics....NRGY models are damn ugly looking sneakers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom