ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah they definitely are spraying it with some sort of plastic paint compound before the outsole is attached, otherwise the outsole would be covered in the same plastic paint that the boost is, in order for them to have the boost peeking through the outsole look black.

I would think the opposite given that there's some stain/paint visible in that pic under the insole?
I would think that would be the leakage of paint that creeps up from the midsole. Seems kinda lazy on ADC to just paint the midsole and bottom of the boost. Unless it affects the performance of the boost then I could understand.

theres a few people selling the triple black UB's in almost FSR. It's definitely not a Sample. Just unreleased.....yet

I would think that would be the leakage of paint that creeps up from the midsole. Seems kinda lazy on ADC to just paint the midsole and bottom of the boost. Unless it affects the performance of the boost then I could understand.
It's definitely not leakage, you can tell it was sprayed. No reason for them to spray the top part of the boost since it's never seen.

The painting of the boost isn't what affects the performance, it's the actual dyeing of it, which is why there's still never been a boost shoe released with actual colored boost.

I'm not sure how it'll hold up. The paint seems really elastic and resilient but I'm definitely curious.

Last edited:

Yeah, thought about that and you're right, could absolutely the case. I was thinking maybe it's like guitars where there's an exposed paint stick mark in the neck pocket from where the body is held while they spray it... if that makes any sense? As in they attach something to the top of the boost when they dip/paint/spray it so it's easier to work with?

Last edited:

Yeah, thought about that and you're right, could absolutely the case. I was thinking maybe it's like guitars where there's an exposed paint stick mark in the neck pocket from where the body is held while they spray it... if that makes any sense? As in they attach something to the top of the boost when they dip/paint/spray it so it's easier to work with?

It basically looks like they laid the boost units upside down and sprayed them.
Well good luck with them since you paid a pretty penny for em. If they fit anything like the core black 1.0, I might pass. Thems were just too snug for my liking.

The other option would be what though? Individually painting each gap of white boost peaking through the outsole? That seems like a much more time consuming process. They can just lay all the boost units out on an assembly line and spray them, then dry them quickly w/ heaters or something and then attach the outsoles.

I'd say they're not quite as snug at core black 1.0

Last edited:
Some cat at sneakercon was selling some for $600.

I passed. Couldn't do it.

But they did look dope af in person
I didn't pay that much, but it was def more than should be spending on kicks. These are probably the last pair of shoes I'll pay resale on unless I somehow magically come across the futurecrafts.

It bought these more out of curiosity than anything. For science! Haha

The other option would be what though? Individually painting each gap of white boost peaking through the outsole? That seems like a much more time consuming process. They can just lay all the boost units out on an assembly line and spray them, then dry them quickly w/ heaters or something and then attach the outsoles.

I'd say they're not quite as snug at core black 1.0
I would think dunking them in a dye and let the boost soak it up. Boost has a very sponge-like property and it would get the color to go throughout the boost through and through. painting to me seems like a less durable way to paint the boost. But possibly the dark black color cannot be achieved with just dying it and also affecting the overall properties of the boost.

As for the comparison to CB 1.0, that's good to hear. Will consider if/when they release in the US.

Last edited:
I would think dunking them in a dye and let the boost soak it up. Boost has a very sponge-like property and it would get the color to go throughout the boost through and through. painting to me seems like a less durable way to paint the boost. But possibly the dark black color cannot be achieved with just dying it and also affecting the overall properties of the boost.

As for the comparison to CB 1.0, that's good to hear. Will consider if/when they release in the US.
Yeah dyeing it seems like it'd take much longer than painting since they'd have to keep it submerged for a while in the dye in order for it to actually absorb the color, and like you said there's the potential for messing w/ the properties of boost.

It's definitely a little disappointing that the boost is painted but I'm still gonna rock these happily.

Yeah dyeing it seems like it'd take much longer than painting since they'd have to keep it submerged for a while in the dye in order for it to actually absorb the color, and like you said there's the potential for messing w/ the properties of boost.

It's definitely a little disappointing that the boost is painted but I'm still gonna rock these happily.
I could only imagine what would happen to the boost if people actually used them for running thinking it would be a better option to hide dirt vs. a white boost.

The overall result looks good but it looks like those who customed their boost way back when almost have the same technique as Adidas minus painting the bottom sole.

hopefully they perfect it soon because Black midsole/outsoles are where it's at.

Painted boosts' longevity may not even be an issue

I'm sure they wear tested the s*** out of it, but we'll just have to wait and see

I could only imagine what would happen to the boost if people actually used them for running thinking it would be a better option to hide dirt vs. a white boost.

The overall result looks good but it looks like those who customed their boost way back when almost have the same technique as Adidas minus painting the bottom sole.

hopefully they perfect it soon because Black midsole/outsoles are where it's at.
I've def never seen a custom job that looks as good as these.

[thread="592656"] [/thread]

I've def never seen a custom job that looks as good as these.

My homie dyed then painted his core black wools to a black midsole and they look exactly the same as all the pictures of the new triple black samples coming out. If they were side by side I wouldn't be able to tell which were the ones painted by adidas and him. Same goes for pics of all the triple black customs I've seen.

Those uncaged are so trash.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Can't believe the hype they're getting. It's ridiculous.
I can say that about NMDs. People got different preferences.

I personally think they are dope and quite comfortable. A little on the snug side but still dope if you are looking for something non-gradient.

My homie dyed then painted his core black wools to a black midsole and they look exactly the same as all the pictures of the new triple black samples coming out. If they were side by side I wouldn't be able to tell which were the ones painted by adidas and him. Same goes for pics of all the triple black customs I've seen.
I would think the same thing. However I don't have the "official" TB in hand to make a comparison.

Also with all the editing, the pics can hide a lot of flaws a custom may have. But looking at the pictures they look very similar. Could be a texture thing that might differentiate the custom vs. the "official" TB.

I would think the same thing. However I don't have the "official" TB in hand to make a comparison.

Also with all the editing, the pics can hide a lot of flaws a custom may have. But looking at the pictures they look very similar. Could be a texture thing that might differentiate the custom vs. the "official" TB.

Fair enough with the pictures, but I've held his pair in hand and they honestly look and feel like they came straight from the factory like that. :lol:

I guess we'll see once the TB actually drops but I can't see how they are much different especially when everyone I've seen that held em in hand said they just look and feel like they were spray painted black

Last edited:
The only custom black painted boosts I've seen that looked any good had more of a grey tint than actual black. The true black customs I've seen always look a lot more glossy. And from what I understand they're really susceptible to cracking. Remains to be seen how these official ones hold up.

Just got a call, yes a call, from Road Runner Sports to tell me that my MCs ship date has changed to September 1st or earlier.

lol

Fair enough with the pictures, but I've held his pair in hand and they honestly look and feel like they came straight from the factory like that.
laugh.gif

I guess we'll see once the TB actually drops but I can't see how they are much different especially when everyone I've seen that held em in hand said they just look and feel like they were spray painted black
Nice. I might have to PM you on his technique haha.

There has to be something Adidas isn't saying about their boost as to why they decided to paint vs. dye.

Back
Top Bottom