ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think it is a whatever thing personally since Adidas seems to have a justification to upcharge if it has the Ultraboost sole/inspiriation.

If you were shown these two shoes side by side without knowing the price points, I would be shocked to know there's $100 difference between the two and that alphabounce was the cheaper one.

View media item 2099393

View media item 2099394
Damn jpac that's my fault, was talking about people that come in and start in with unsolicited UB vs NMD comparisons. Kinda got lost in the PureControl shuffle. (Wasn't aimed at you or that price point argument)

Last edited:
I enjoy throwing on a pair of Jordans once in a while no matter how much more comfortable UB's are. 
smokin.gif

Damn jpac that's my fault, was talking about people that come in and start in with unsolicited NMD vs UB comparisons. Kinda got lost in the PureControl shuffle.
no worries lol. I was just stating that $200 for the Purecontrols is a little outrageous. You can't even play soccer in those or have them even last 50 miles running. If it was meant to be a lounge post-soccer shoe, then damn that is an expensive lounge shoe. Adidas is the new UGGs.
Them purecontrols are more expensive than Jordan 4s lol.

I don't think it is a whatever thing personally since Adidas seems to have a justification to upcharge if it has the Ultraboost sole/inspiriation.

If you were shown these two shoes side by side without knowing the price points, I would be shocked to know there's $100 difference between the two and that alphabounce was the cheaper one.
Damn jpac that's my fault, was talking about people that come in and start in with unsolicited UB vs NMD comparisons. Kinda got lost in the PureControl shuffle. (Wasn't aimed at you or that price point argument)
Damn. Never thought of it that way lmao...

Looking at bounces you truly would think they'd retail $200 lol

^ i can't put my j's on anymore...the only places i can wear them are very casual places and i can't sacrifice the comfort when i do.

whenever i do sacrifice the comfort and it's a place where sneakers are acceptable i usually go for high end sneakers...my jordans get no burn anymore.  

sad really

Damn. Never thought of it that way lmao...

Looking at bounces you truly would think they'd retail $200 lol
People caught up in the Boost hype that once they boost anything, the crowd goes wild.

Nothing wrong with that but don't charge me $200 for a lazy design.

I really like the understated aspect of the black ACE 16 PureControl.  We'll see about the volt.  Kinda ordered them because I was salty about missing the blacks.   

People caught up in the Boost hype that once they boost anything, the crowd goes wild.

Nothing wrong with that but don't charge me $200 for a lazy design.
I admit i'm this person lol...

But i understand people are different.

Like the Porsche design.

I think they're fire but for the price point.

I'll stick with regular UB lol

Just checked adidas site and they changed pictures to these ^ so i guess the boost is just painted on the sides? This is weird, i remember when i first checked them, they added pictures with the boost fully black everywhere...

I admit i'm this person lol...

But i understand people are different.

Like the Porsche design.

I think they're fire but for the price point.

I'll stick with regular UB lol
Even the EQT 93-16 were priced at $170. $30 cheaper. I mean it could be a boutique price so I could be wrong altogether and the price them lower on ADC (if they release there).

But, hey different folks and if you a big soccer fan, this shoe represents those folks so that's dope.

I'll just keep the wallet on standby for the next project.

Just checked adidas site and they changed pictures to these ^ so i guess the boost is just painted on the sides? This is weird, i remember when i first checked them, they added pictures with the boost fully black everywhere...
just checked too, and the site where they had pictures of black on black boost has now changed to black on white boost 
laugh.gif

I'm into the high collar thing these days. Flyknit Prestos are my favorite non UBs right now. I wasn't feeling the free superflys but I want to try out the magista footscapes soon. I dunno, the combo of football, boost and the high collar is extremely appealing. That said, please don't fit me into the "boost hypebeasts." I was here since page 14. I have adios boosts, and BEAT up pure boosts. I don't own NMDs and couldn't care less about "hyped" colorways. My favorite UB are mystery greys and core blacks. I've never worn my creams because they just aren't my steez. 

Last edited:
no worries lol. I was just stating that $200 for the Purecontrols is a little outrageous. You can't even play soccer in those or have them even last 50 miles running. If it was meant to be a lounge post-soccer shoe, then damn that is an expensive lounge shoe. Adidas is the new UGGs.
Them purecontrols are more expensive than Jordan 4s lol.
My guess is that they are trying take a chunk out of that Mercurial hybrid shoe niche and thus pricing themselves comparitively.

If the answer you're looking for is that they're over priced? Yes I think they are (considering what they're made of), but when has any other shoe not been guilty of that?

If it weren't for the Mercurial price comparisons, it would almost feel like adidas testing to see how far they can push retail on boost. (Like the LTDs dropping this weekend)

In for the Pure Control UBs. I wonder how they fit...TTS or .5 up....

also I bet if someone laced them with thin laces like the mercurials they would look soooooo dope

Nice but I hate the grey top color. Looks like the OG grey gradients which are the worst CW IMO. I know, I have a pair 
laugh.gif

Damn, people really dumping all their sneakers. I've never been the biggest Jordan head but you can't go wrong with a clean AJ1. Just got the shattered backboards and look wise they are my favorite sneaker currently. Cant compare to boost comfort but for casual walking I love them. Plus I've been keeping my eye on the Gel Lyte III LTDs since they hype has pretty much died on them. Looking to grab some of the rarer ones for a steal. IMO for an old silhouette it's super comfortable. NB has been dropping some pretty nice GR stuff lately too. But still, comfort wise boost is king.

My guess is that they are trying take a chunk out of that Mercurial hybrid shoe niche and thus pricing themselves comparitively.

If the answer you're looking for is that they're over priced? Yes I think they are (considering what they're made of), but when has any other shoe not been guilty of that?

If it weren't for the Mercurial price comparisons, it would almost feel like adidas testing to see how far they can push retail on boost. (Like the LTDs dropping this weekend)
Agree with this. They are the exact same price as the mercs and magistas. Extremely smart move by Adidas. 

To those with the mens uncaged UB in black, what color are the insoles? I thought they had no difference with the womens pair but the insoles are purple for those. Thanks!

Yea even those shoes are price super pricey and from the reviews I've read (not a soccer player) they aren't even that great for the price.

It would seem that Adidas is testing the water on how much they can get away with. It doesn't really help that the hype is scooping everything and anything.

I wonder if they actually think we wanted Gradients lol.

Back
Top Bottom