ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't pay anything for them, so I can't really answer the value question. Only time will tell if the black will hold up.

Nice. Well what I guess Im tryin to say is does black boost seem legit lol.

Last edited:
Oh. So adidas didn't change the color of boost, but only painted. I did that too on my NMD. Now we wait to see the durability.

Thanks, looks similar to the method Adidas used on tanks pair. Looks like some of the paint bleeds into the boost so maybe the painted layer goes deeper into just the external part of the boost.

Nice. Well what I guess Im tryin to say is does it seem legit lol.

I realized after I replied to you that my response was somewhat flippant. I apologize for that.

I think they are worth $200, but I have to qualify that by saying- only if the black holds up. If I'm going to be honest, they just seem like a really well done custom.

I realized after I replied to you that my response was somewhat flippant. I apologize for that.

I think they are worth $200, but I have to qualify that by saying- only if the black holds up. If I'm going to be honest, they just seem like a really well done custom.

Thanks bro. Good to know.

Thanks, looks similar to the method Adidas used on tanks pair. Looks like some of the paint bleeds into the boost so maybe the painted layer goes deeper into just the external part of the boost.
I don't think anything is being absorbed or going deeper, it's just them spraying a layer of plasticy paint on top of the boost. The boost isn't absorbing the paint. The residual paint you see under the outsole is just excess spray because they don't need to worry about how the boost under the insole looks.

I don't think anything is being absorbed or going deeper, it's just them spraying a layer of plasticy paint on top of the boost. The boost isn't absorbing the paint. The residual paint you see under the outsole is just excess spray because they don't need to worry about how the boost under the insole looks.
Oh ya forgot you made that point when discussing your pair. thanks for reiterating that. Im sure you're right. I was just curious how thick that coating is and how easily it will come off.

Oh ya forgot you made that point when discussing your pair. thanks for reiterating that. Im sure you're right. I was just curious how thick that coating is and how easily it will come off.
I was actually about to cut into the boost near the torsion plate on my pair yesterday with an exacto knife to see if it was truly black boost, before someone mentioned I should just look under the insole. I have a feeling it's a pretty thin layer, since you can still make out details in the boost and whatnot, if it was a thicker layer those details, like the lines and nips, would be lost.

Been wearing mine today but haven't put them through anything crazy, so far so good.

One thing I will say is that dirt/dust actually shows up very prominently on the black midsole, but the good thing is it comes off really easily.

I was actually about to cut into the boost near the torsion plate on my pair yesterday with an exacto knife to see if it was truly black boost, before someone mentioned I should just look under the insole. I have a feeling it's a pretty thin layer, since you can still make out details in the boost and whatnot, if it was a thicker layer those details, like the lines and nips, would be lost.

Been wearing mine today but haven't put them through anything crazy, so far so good.

One thing I will say is that dirt/dust actually shows up very prominently on the black midsole, but the good thing is it comes off really easily.
I figured you might (and was secretly hoping) you might do some experimenting. the easiest stress test would be to see if wearing them over a rougher terrain would scrape the painted boost underneath the outsole and reveal the white boost.

Stella really killed it with these. Both colorways said to be dropping Friday 
nthat.gif

Those Kolor Uncaged actually look better than I thought they would when someone described them to me.

Ultra Boosts are so whack nowadays. Creams, 3MS, and MG's were the last of the nice (non collab) UBs IMO.

Bummer, both my UB solebox and SNS soles cracked after a couple of normal wears... Adidas, get your soles fixed, i am running out of glue!

Oh, and my blacks even lost a whole part
Weird because I wear my gradients for exercise 6 days a week  for the past two months and I'm a big guy. Most that's happened is wearing down the continental outsole but just really the nubs, hasn't split like that at all and no cracks in the boost.

Back
Top Bottom