ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember the 3M release. I hated them when the first pics came out. It was a #BNTL moment, and once i got them, i was pumped. I will admit i don't wear them in the evening to avoid the shine. Not a fan of 3M, generally. But it the sun, they look fantastic.

Creams were also not liked by me at first. Stock photos don't leave a good impression in my eyes. I need "real" pics to convince me.

I remember the 3M release. I hated them when the first pics came out. It was a #BNTL moment, and once i got them, i was pumped. I will admit i don't wear them in the evening to avoid the shine. Not a fan of 3M, generally. But it the sun, they look fantastic.

Creams were also not liked by me at first. Stock photos don't leave a good impression in my eyes. I need "real" pics to convince me.
I'm still really salty about missing out on the 3M. Smart move with the BNTL mentality on that drop. The best part about that colorway to me is actually the black/white PK pattern itself, not the actual 3M feature, so I definitely feel you on that.

Creams are nice but my outfits tend to stay in the black/grey/white arena and I rarely wear browns so Creams don't really go with my wardrobe. I think they look dope with browns though and can definitely see the appeal.

Bunch of 
The best part about that colorway to me is actually the black/white PK pattern itself, not the actual 3M feature, so I definitely feel you on that.
I'm in the same boat but have been curious what other peoples' thinking is. Is it the reflective qualities of the 3m you're interested in or just the pattern? People seem pretty hyped about the 3m triple whites coming out so maybe it is about the 3m reflection.

Bunch of 

I'm in the same boat but have been curious what other peoples' thinking is. Is it the reflective qualities of the 3m you're interested in or just the pattern? People seem pretty hyped about the 3m triple whites coming out so maybe it is about the 3m reflection.
With the ogs it's almost entirely about the pattern/colors for me. I'm all in for the gradient pair as well and that's mostly about it being 3M. Wanting the gitd, on the other hand, is probably a 50/50 split between color and gimmick.

Last edited:
I lucked out on ADC restock of the 3Ms.  I definitely like the 3M AND the black/white PK.

Bunch of 

I like the pattern and dislike the shine of the 3m

Bunch of 

For the 3Ms it was the pattern itself that got me for sure. The reflective qualities were a nice bonus, but it definitively wasn't what drew me to the shoe in the first place. I'm still not too sure how I feel about the 3M triple whites releasing soon. Based on the few pictures I've seen of them, I'm not too crazy about their pattern / how they look in sunlight which is the most important part for me.

Looks like Adidas.uk is getting a Triple White Uncaged restock on the 15th. Don't know if that means anything to ADC in the US but it's something to monitor for people that missed out. FTL also is restocking the Olive Uncaged on the 12th

The way the pattern stands out under the 3M is what gets me. Makes the OG knit look a bit different compared to the other colorways.

White 1.0s took a beaters took a beating this weekend. Decided to put them in the wash:

I have it on delicate cycle with cold water / no spin / light soil

The fabric marker technique I did to black the boost is holding up surprisingly well. No evidence of black ink leakage so far.

I put a white pillowcase in there (maybe should've used 2) to break the fall of the shoes as the washer spins. No pillowcase and my shoes would be crashing everwhere in the washer.

*Took them out now and the knit is really clean. A little bit of the black boost has been washed away but none has leaked onto the knit.

Will see if anything feels different once the shoes dry.

White 1.0s took a beaters took a beating this weekend. Decided to put them in the wash:

View media item 2128156

I have it on delicate cycle with cold water / no spin / light soil

The fabric marker technique I did to black the boost is holding up surprisingly well. No evidence of black ink leakage so far.

I put a white pillowcase in there (maybe should've used 2) to break the fall of the shoes as the washer spins. No pillowcase and my shoes would be crashing everwhere in the washer.

*Took them out now and the knit is really clean. A little bit of the black boost has been washed away but none has leaked onto the knit.

Will see if anything feels different once the shoes dry.
Black paint didnt crack?

should be fine if it was the gentle cycle.
and 3m was the only pair i didnt bntl on and regret the most :lol:. still passing on all this gradient stuff for now

Black paint didnt crack?
Nope. With the fabric marker technique, the boost are 'stained' more than painted. 

I was worried the dye that didn't stick to the boost would leak and stain the PK but it just washed away. 

Since I didn't prep the boost when I initially painted with fabric marker, a layer of black washed away but all good. I was more concerned about the PK.

Maybe will throw my Volt beaters in the wash to  see how the white boost holds up. I'm thinking of maybe buying a matte clear protector first to protect the boost.

I have a feeling the factory protective layer on the boost will be compromised by washing them in the washer.

I thought you were supposed to put them in the pillow case, no?
I had them in their initially but I was worried about the black fabric marker leaking then getting onto the pillowcase and just smear dye everywhere. took them out and it worked out fine. I think they need to be in the pillowcase if you have an agitator or if your washer doesn't have a delicate cycle.

I had them in their initially but I was worried about the black fabric marker leaking then getting onto the pillowcase and just smear dye everywhere. took them out and it worked out fine. I think they need to be in the pillowcase if you have an agitator or if your washer doesn't have a delicate cycle.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Post results if you spray clear on some white boost; don't think I've read of anybody doing that yet.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Post results if you spray clear on some white boost; don't think I've read of anybody doing that yet.
Yup will do.

I think once that layer is gone from cleaning the boost over and over again. The sponge-like consistency of the Boost pellets will just absorb any dirt/color.

Back
Top Bottom