ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol for me personally, before Boost, comfort was never really a factor for me when buying shoes. When I first got into sneakers it was all about grabbing signature models from NBA players that I idolized that I couldn't grab as a kid. IE: Lebrons, Jordans, Kobes, Melos, Questions & Answers, etc. But then I went on a Flyknit only binge when that was poppin' because I liked more of the low profile & casual looks they were at the time. But like everyone else in here once I tried on boost and once the models got ascetically more pleasing it was game over 

pretty much me in a nutshell.

If all you eat is skirt steak, you think its great. But they you eat a filet or ribeye, and your tastes change completely.

What was the first shoe that got yall into the game? Mine was the KD3 back in middle school. I was so immersed into Nike Basketball back then. How times have changed

The WCIII got me back into sneakers in 2011. Growing up, my Mom wasnt getting me $60+ shoes. I was looking at the $25 rack. The disappointment in not being able to get the Black/red AJ1 back in 1985 crushed me. I was in 6th grade. Remember every minute of that moment where Mom and I went to the store. It was on 14th and WIlshire in Santa Monica. Such bad memories. Once i started making my own money, i went and purchased every Jordan i couldnt get as a kid. I blame my Mom for the problem I now have.

But it was the WCIII that got me back into it during the all star game weekend here in LA. They had them up at the Jordan store in Fox Hills mall. It caught my eye. I remember MJ wearing them in the famous free throw dunk. I'd look at that poster every day as a kid. Up until that point, i didnt really look at Jordans when they came out. A shoe was something i used to protect the feet from the ground. But seeing the excitement at the mall, and people lining up for hours waiting for BIN 5's (i believe it was those), got me back into it. I still havent worn those WCIII's though!

Lol for me personally, before Boost, comfort was never really a factor for me when buying shoes. When I first got into sneakers it was all about grabbing signature models from NBA players that I idolized that I couldn't grab as a kid. IE: Lebrons, Jordans, Kobes, Melos, Questions & Answers, etc. But then I went on a Flyknit only binge when that was poppin' because I liked more of the low profile & casual looks they were at the time. But like everyone else in here once I tried on boost and once the models got ascetically more pleasing it was game over 
Since I've been a runner on and off since high school, I have always worn runners as my primary sneaker.  I play on a regular basis so I have owned tons of basketball shoes over the years, but I have rarely worn them except on the court.  I treat them much the same as my soccer cleats - game specific shoes.  I am a fanatic for light weight so I'm always after the knits and cutting edge midsole materials.  You're right that UBs capture a nice mix of performance, comfort, and style that makes them a very versatile shoe.

The WCIII got me back into sneakers in 2011. Growing up, my Mom wasnt getting me $60+ shoes. I was looking at the $25 rack. The disappointment in not being able to get the Black/red AJ1 back in 1985 crushed me. I was in 6th grade. Remember every minute of that moment where Mom and I went to the store. It was on 14th and WIlshire in Santa Monica. Such bad memories. Once i started making my own money, i went and purchased every Jordan i couldnt get as a kid. I blame my Mom for the problem I now have.

I was 14 when they came out and there was no way in hell I was getting my parents to buy me Jordans either.  Got my first pair in 86 when I was on the JV basketball team since our team colors were black and red.  Beat them up for years & I wish I would have saved them.  Since then I have owned exactly one more pair of Jordans - XX9s that I still play in regularly (I'm a Kobe shoe guy). 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

It blows me away that some of you young cats have such delicate feet that nothing but $180 UBs will give you comfort.  I'm in my 40s and I still wear plenty of other shoes including Roshes, and I manage just fine.  And that's after running many thousands of miles and two dozen marathons in my life, as well as decades of regular basketball, soccer, and long days at work.  Don't get me wrong, Boost is fantastic, but how the hell did you guys survive a couple of years ago?  Maybe I'm just different in that I have to mix things up and I've never had a closet full of only one brand, much less one model of shoe.
I still have and buy other shoes but I am 30 and still vain enough that what I wear has to look good.  BUT comfort has to come into play now more than ever, I actually have a lot of Nike gear so I still have to wear nikes because I wont cross wear brands yet lol.  That being said the KD9 is not quite boost comfort level but they are pretty darn comfy themselves.  I also wear Kobe's which arent too bad to walk around in for a lil bit.  That being said I love the walk on the clouds feeling of my boosts so I try to wear those first lol

And the biggest reason i stopped purchasing Jordans now, with the exception of 2-3 per year, is because how difficult they were to purchase. I don't stand in lines, i refuse to do raffles unless its an online raffle. Pretty much if it required work in hopes of getting a pair of shoes, I'm not about it. I don't have the time to do it. I started paying resell instead. Would much rather pay $250-$300 for something i really wanted then to monitor twitter, stand in lines, or go to 35 different footlockers to put a raffle ticket in. I couldn't do that to my kids. I stood in line once for 1 hour to cop true blue III's and i vowed never to do it again.

So because of how difficult it became to purchase Jordan's, i started staying away. And now its easy, but they lost me as a consumer. I'm now a very casual consumer to that brand

I was 14 when they came out and there was no way in hell I was getting my parents to buy me Jordans either.  Got my first pair in 86 when I was on the JV basketball team since our team colors were black and red.  Beat them up for years & I wish I would have saved them.  Since then I have owned exactly one more pair of Jordans - XX9s that I still play in regularly (I'm a Kobe shoe guy). :lol:  

#Teampoorgrowingup

Now i get them all for my kids, but they couldn't care less for Jordans. Kills my soul a little inside when my son wore his black/red 1's maybe 3 times and just didnt like the comfort. Put them back in the box and now hoping my 5 year old will like them, but i know he won't because he's not a sports type of kid

:frown:

Dude your story cracks me up! Naw they had them at top to top on whilshire in santa monica in the clearance bin! I still remember it very clearly. I'm 37. 

bro, top to top!! You are bringing back serious memories. I've been in Santa Monica since 1985. How long have you lived here in the westside?

bro, top to top!! You are bringing back serious memories. I've been in Santa Monica since 1985. How long have you lived here in the westside?
Yeah man. 100% I'm sure I've seen you. I've lived on the westside since I was 4 months old. I came here in 1979 like 1 million other Iranians. 

What was the first shoe that got yall into the game? Mine was the KD3 back in middle school. I was so immersed into Nike Basketball back then. How times have changed
Me, I'm fairly recent...  Toro IVs...  I've always wanted 4s growing up but growing up in the PI, Nike/Reebok "basketball" shoes were expensive.  My first pair of Js were Jordan 5s back then.  I went for that because of the 3M tongue.  Best birthday gift ever.  Since then, I can only by 2 pairs of shoes per year.  1 for my birthday and 1 for Christmas.  Ranges from Reebok pumps, uptemposn prestos, nike shox, nike free etc.  Continued with that til 2013 when the damn Toros dropped...    

I think the first shoe that got me into sneakers were probably the original FILA Grant Hill's.  I mean I had Jordans before then but that was just because my Mom bought em.  But those are the first ones I remember actually picking out because growing up in Detroit Grant Hill was the man and FILA was hot back then. 

I must admit, for the early part of this year, I was only using UBs in my rotation... I think Im back to my old self and wear my other runners...  Js on the other hand gets worn every other week...  I dont have much Js anymore...  Just 4s, couple 11s and my 1s. 

I think the first shoe that got me into sneakers were probably the original FILA Grant Hill's.  I mean I had Jordans before then but that was just because my Mom bought em.  But those are the first ones I remember actually picking out because growing up in Detroit Grant Hill was the man and FILA was hot back then. 
Haha same here.  I had the all black Grant Hills where they had the little lace loops that went all the way around, even on the heel. 

I also had a few Penny Hardaways.  I had to buy my own shoes, my parents would never paid $100+ for Jordans or whatever else was going on back then. 

Grant Hill 2s were my favorite and only GH shoes I owned...  I wasnt specific with my taste back then but just like a true hypebeast, what ever was new/in that time period is what I wanted...  

GH Fila's were nice!!

Back
Top Bottom