ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haha same here.  I had the all black Grant Hills where they had the little lace loops that went all the way around, even on the heel. 

I also had a few Penny Hardaways.  I had to buy my own shoes, my parents would never paid $100+ for Jordans or whatever else was going on back then. 
Same here man once my shoes went over 100 bucks I had to come up with rest and I always did 
nthat.gif
  I wish I would have had the mind to keep all the OG's I had

Just copped another pair of white UB 1.0

My first pair has been worn only a few times, mixed in the rotation but putting them side by side I realized how much the entire shoe became more off-white. Boost yellowing, cages too

Reading this discussion has sparked memories of how far back this goes. Was lucky to see MJ play in person a few times (when he'd play against the Rockets).

As far as the shoes: One school year = one shoe. Jordans would come out in Feb, so that meant waiting well into the school year, and also when the folks could finally afford it (which landed on the IV). GS sizes were $75. A couple of years later (and after a brief stint with Reebok Pumps, haha), I had my original '91 pair of infrared VIs stolen from my locker (I wouldn't own those again until 2014s rerelease) These days, I'm in a similar boat where tastes have shifted just enough that I'm way more selective of Jordans, (with the exception of the XX9) sticking only to pairs I either wanted or owned when I was younger.

Another sidenote: I've messed with adidas (along side w/Nike basketball) as far back as the EQT Basketball shoe (with the removable sock/bootie) and the only Kobe I've ever owned was the original Top Ten when it came out in '96. (Eastbay was single bagging their $#!+ even back then)

TL;Dr Something something, Hypebeasts on feet today.
View media item 2128992

Just got a size 12 of uncaged white boost in. I feel like I could have gone a full size down!!? Anyone else? Gonna try and return these

Take it back! Don't you speak ill of that godlike colorway

For real :lol: white green kolors are a sneaky grail for me. Cant find my size at all.

Yeah they sat for a little while but once they dried up they were gone. Def not an easy colorway to find nowadays, glad I doubled up on both Kolors.

When hunting for your size keep in mind they only came in UK whole sizes, so only US half sizes.

Btw has anyone here had the experience of returning shoes when you've had your credit or debit card replaced with a new one in the meanwhile? I just got 2 refunds (Reebok and ADC), but they're going to my old card. Does anyone know if I'll get my refund eventually, or if I'll have to call someone?
This actually just happened to me w/ ADC. Got the refund fine on my new car without doing anything.

How do you guys clean the boost portion of your shoe without yellowing? I might have ****** up my solar reds using clorox wipes :/

How do you guys clean the boost portion of your shoe without yellowing? I might have ****** up my solar reds using clorox wipes :/
Once the protective gloss on the boost is compromised, yellowing is inevitable.

Cleaning the boost as less frequent as possible is key. Simple liquid detergent/water with light scrubbing does the job for me in regards to surface dirt.

Here's a pic of my white UB's. Both 1.0 have 10/15 production dates. Only the pair on the left has been worn, the other hasn't even seen sunlight. Yellowing just happens

Creams added to the pic just because
nthat.gif

Here's a pic of my white UB's. Both 1.0 have 10/15 production dates. Only the pair on the left has been worn, the other hasn't even seen sunlight. Yellowing just happens

Creams added to the pic just because
nthat.gif
Boosts with the offset of the white knit will look 'yellow'. you can see the same on the triple white 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom