ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Here's a pic of my white UB's. Both 1.0 have 10/15 production dates. Only the pair on the left has been worn, the other hasn't even seen sunlight. Yellowing just happens

Creams added to the pic just because
nthat.gif
Scaring me. I'm going to have to check all my pairs when I get home.

Scaring me. I'm going to have to check all my pairs when I get home.
No need to. If you look at all three boosts in the pic, ignoring the knit, they are all the same color. The Boost is not a true white unless you got fake boosts.

Reactions: You
Just wear them and don't worry. When I pulled the UB's out for a pic that's the only time I noticed the yellowing and it doesn't bother me. Hell, I'm gonna uncage my more worn white 1.0 just for fun. DS pair will be stashed until whenever or if a trade is requested.

Size 12 btw

I think a lot of y'all are overstating his fashion influence because y'all don't venture in to the high end fashion world that much. But he def did not bring the distressed look back he just introduced it to the younger General pop crowd if you will.

The enlongated oversized distressed looks were being done in Europe long before Kanye latched on to it. He just shined the spotlight on the look and moved it forward because he is that polarizing.

His line is basically a fusion of athleisure wear, oversized, and distressed clothing none of which are original but he made it excessive because he is excessive

Adidas has been signing all the right people. Pusha, 2 Chainz, Pharrell, Stan Smith, and finally Kanye. But imo, Kanye has had the biggest impact on the company's image. I don't think it was him, exclusively, that brought that style to the younger crowd, but he sure has pushed it.

I can. From someone who has probably 25 pairs of ROshe's sitting and 20+ pairs of UB's, there's a humongous difference. Its like having a cheeseburger from APple Bee's vs. having a bone in ribeye at Mastros steakhouse.

I thought i knew what comfort was until i was introduced to the UB's. Easily worth the $100 hike for me.

Try wearing Roshe's at Disneyland for 5 hours. Your feet will be dying the next day.

I was walking about 15+ miles a day for about 2 weeks when I was in China. I only brought FK Racers and UBs. If I decided to wear my racers for a day, I would typically swap out to UBs around night time because the balls of my feet would hurt so bad (flat footed :frown: ). I've totally bought into the comfort hype behind these shoes :lol: It's not just the boost either, but the PK and silhouette as a whole. I got pureboosts, NMDs, and Yeezys too and they're nowhere near as comfy as UB.

What was the first shoe that got yall into the game? Mine was the KD3 back in middle school. I was so immersed into Nike Basketball back then. How times have changed

Jordan 9s and XI le were the first numbered jays I remember having. I also had a couple Penny 2s, JKidds, and Diamond Turfs growing up. I'm 28 now but I've been into sneakers for literally as long as I can remember. I'm just very fortune that I grew up with a pretty privileged lifestyle and my parents were able to accommodate my childhood addiction to shoes and videogames.

Last edited:
:lol: at including pusha T, ain't nobody influenced or wearing anything because of him

Last edited:
Probably a 10 although I think even 9.5 might be ok.

Regular mesh/PK Pure boost ZGs you can go with your UB size. Y-3 Pure Boost ZG I'd recommend  .5sz down from your UB size.
for sure at least .5 down

For me, i think i could have gone up to a whole size down. These thangs are huge
I got to try on mesh Pure Boosts in sz 10 which is 0.5 down from my UBs and they were tight af. So, y'all still think I should size down 0.5 from my UB sz 10.5 for the Y-3 Pure Boost ZG. Post below is what I was originally asking. 

First time buying Pure Boost ZGs. I wear size 10.5 in UB, 10 in Yeezy 350 and 10 in Js. I have above average width feet as well. What would I get in the Y-3 Pure Boost ZG? Your help is much appreciated. 

I got to try on mesh Pure Boosts in sz 10 which is 0.5 down from my UBs and they were tight af. So, y'all still think I should size down 0.5 from my UB sz 10.5 for the Y-3 Pure Boost ZG. Post below is what I was originally asking. 
Yup. Still stand firm on my response from earlier.

GOAT is a middle-man service that authenticates and verifies the shoe before they send it on to the seller. You're never in direct contact with the seller, once your shoes sell, you send them to GOAT and that's it. 
got it. That makes sense now. No filing claims once a buyer gets their shoes, pretty much.

Yep, I don't see how anyone could say that Kanye played no part in UB's getting popular.  He wore the all white pair to a concert (Powerhouse 2015), and then they instantly started selling out / going crazy in price.   Obviously the UB's can stand on their own merit, but Kanye did have an impact.  Here's a link about that concert / shoe, read the comments and people are already complaining about resale prices hitting $350+

http://hypebeast.com/2015/5/kanye-w...ra-boost-triple-white-during-bbma-performance

There is a reason that some of the most expensive resale price shoes, are affiliated with Kanye.  Obviously anything in the YEEZY line (350's, 750's, even his old Nike stuff, etc.), but also other non-Yeezy models such as: 

- Flyknit Trainers - people in the Flyknit thread used to comment about how the trainers were sitting on shelves / being found at outlets, until Kanye wore them. 
- Independence Day Air Maxes
- Jordan 1's - Breds and Royals.  Like rawdawg said, you can't say that he alone made them popular, but you can't deny he had something to do with their hype/value
- The fact that many different models come in a "yeezy" colorway (black, solar red, green) now
- The fact that many other brands are trying to knock off the design elements of yeezy shoes (like Aldo making a 750 lookalike, Steve Madden making 350 lookalikes, etc)

Again, he isn't the sole (pun) reason that those shoes are high-resale items, but I think its hard to say he had no effect whatsoever. 
Yes. Everything that SOB touches turns into gold, at least 95% of it (shoe related). Its amazing. I don't understand but i don't need to
Thankfully he didn't ruin the OGs early on. He was spotted wearing those long before the whites and the hype didn't take off. Then the all whites made their way to his feet ... RIP UB and easy cops.  Didn't help people seem to fiend for all white and red. 

He brought grunge back lmao
He brought back the Joey Lawrence look but most hypebeasts are too young to know it. 
laugh.gif

I'm not gonna turn boosts into a miracle shoe or a motivational speech, but it definitely has helped me in being more active.

I tore my ACL and shattered my meniscus, even after surgery, not the same. Boosts helps, I'll leave it at that.
I totally get injuries, and I've had my share over the years.  I'm more referring to guys who say they can't wear any other shoes now without their feet hurting.  I've got plenty of other shoes that might not be completely equal to UB comfort but they're still pretty damn good, and they're far better than anything out even 10 years ago.  For those who say Roshes have no cushion, I'm assuming they definintely don't f with Dunks, Vans, Chucks, etc.  That's what I think of as an uncomfortable, no cushion shoe.
Agreed. UBs are the most comfortable of the stable (oddly Pure Boost, my first pairs of Boost before UBs are a little too soft for my liking and after a few hours, they're only shoes that really hurt my feet). But in general, I do just fine with the myriad of other brands and models I have, too; which is a ton. Some people in here act like they have to ice their legs and feet down after wearing another model. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Wonder if white exposure (him wearing it at his tour/concert) vs OG (him wearing on the street) has anything to do with it...  OR White in general is just more appealing the having purple on there...

Wonder if white exposure (him wearing it at his tour/concert) vs OG (him wearing on the street) has anything to do with it...  OR White in general is just more appealing the having purple on there...
Am I bugging or did he not wear an all white Energy boost prior to UB? (Honest question, I can't remember which one came before the other, pertaining to KW).

Back
Top Bottom