ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so tight, haha. City Gear site said not selling till 4 but they went online like 4 hours ago. I been watching mad random Pokemon videos, clicking related vidoes on youtube to fill the time. Sheesh

To add to the authenticity checks of UB...
You can also squeeze the boost midsole and feel the softness and also bend the toe box up and down to check its flexibility.
From comparison experience, my friend got some fakes from Amazon and wanted me to check them out. They are stiff and not as flexible at the toe box. Also look at how the stretch web reacts to the bending.
There's also the smell test. Lol. Authentic shoes will be different from fakes from what I've encountered.
Damn sucks for your friend on the Amazon fakes. Amazon actually cleaned up a few CWs there of fakes but they are like Hydra with more 'just launched' pairs popping up.

Damn sucks for your friend on the Amazon fakes. Amazon actually cleaned up a few CWs there of fakes but they are like Hydra with more 'just launched' pairs popping up.

Haha ya he got in the boost game late. So was trying to play catch up and go played. Rookie mistake but lesson learned. Told him to stay away from Amazon now that the hype is too real for UBs 1.0. Very hard to find the decent colors for near retail.

But to the untrained eye or new boost enthusiast, that's where the cause of concern is.

I believe folks on here are trying to figure out a sure way to tell with common identifiers of real/fake boosts.

I have yet to see one fake UB that did a really good job at it though.
I agree.  I definitely see how its confusing to someone new to the game. 

The only sure fire way to tell in my experience is to compare side by side with a legit pair or know what that legit boost is like. It can be especially tough when trying to buy online with only pics to go off of. 

Amazon actually cleaned up a few CWs there of fakes but they are like Hydra with more 'just launched' pairs popping up.
That caveat might actually be a good thing to add to the front page below the legit retailer faq. (unless the amazon questions have died down already)

Haha ya he got in the boost game late. So was trying to play catch up and go played. Rookie mistake but lesson learned. Told him to stay away from Amazon now that the hype is too real for UBs 1.0. Very hard to find the decent colors for near retail.

I agree.  I definitely see how its confusing to someone new to the game. 

The only sure fire way to tell in my experience is to compare side by side with a legit pair or know what that legit boost is like. It can be especially tough when trying to buy online with only pics to go off of. 
I'm sure there is but I don't want to invest money to buy a fake pair to compare. I stay my *** in my lane and buy from sites that I know for sure are legitimate. If I miss a pair I can't get for retail I either get over it or start networking with folks on here.

That caveat might actually be a good thing to add to the front page below the legit retailer faq. (unless the amazon questions have died down already)
That's a great idea. Keep em comin'
nthat.gif

Although I haven't seen a post in a while about amazon/getting duped by amazon always good to have that knowledge in the search of UBs.

Still kinda glad that NMDs took over the Boost hype, that is way too many pairs to keep track of.

Anyone know when the Olive Green UBs are dropping?  Those will be my first UBs I finally want to cop.  

I wonder if you can epoxy/super glue those leather cages cleanly on a different pair. If so, possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom