ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imo both adidas and Nike has qc issues. They dont need to improve them as long as people patronize them.

Imo both adidas and Nike has qc issues. They dont need to improve them as long as people patronize them.
No doubt.  Adidas knows that they can get away with it because of the hype and demand, but that won't last forever.  I will say that most of my non-Boost Adidas shoes have been fine from a QC standpoint.  Sambas, Gazelles, Stans, etc.

I have a pair of Metcon 2s and there aren't any glue flaws on it I can see.

Overall, though, it does seem more slapped together (decal and stitching-wise) than the UBs

Last edited:

No doubt.  Adidas knows that they can get away with it because of the hype and demand, but that won't last forever.  I will say that most of my non-Boost Adidas shoes have been fine from a QC standpoint.  Sambas, Gazelles, Stans, etc.
Agree. Just like Jordans. People became smart thats why they released their "Remastered" version. This attracted consumers then eventually realized that its still the same sh*t.

+1

all my stan smiths (including mi adidas) are on point QC wise

oan i can handle an excessive glue mark or two. but cracks, stains etc are a no-go for me.

QC wise adidas>>>>>>>nike

Last edited:
-_- we arguing over who has more quality control issues? Anytime a product is made in large quantities theres going to be issues whether its nike or adidas. Both brands i have had problems with.

Nope, I'm talking running shoes that are in the same category as UB, and I've owned a lot of them over the years.  
We have had diff experiences then because I have had racers, roshes and air maxes that had to be returned because of QC issues.  These are mass produced shoes you are going to have quality issues that vary from pair to pair.  But to act like Nike is somehow above QC issues no matter the type of shoe is a bit naive 

-_- we arguing over who has more quality control issues? Anytime a product is made in large quantities theres going to be issues whether its nike or adidas. Both brands i have had problems with.
Exactly 

And don't get me started on Nike ID's 

Last edited:
I have had a million QC issuies with retro Js in the past. And most of those where in the 180-220$ range. Poor materials, glue, marks on the midsole, ****** stitching, toe box creases before they have ever been worn, etc. THEY BOTH HAVE THERE PROBLEMS, but if you expereinced the retro Jordan era you should know they got away with bloody murder in the sneaker market, selling trash for major profit.

Exactly 

And don't get me started on Nike ID's 
Oh I remember my Nephew ordered triple black presto id's. Just one usage then he got a sole separation. 
mean.gif

who's arguing? looked like a regular old discussion to me.

Tried about everything and if anything I made the yellowing on the boost worse. Time to black them out I guess.

I never did a custom, what do you guys use to make the paint stay on the boost and not crack at the first wear?

Tried about everything and if anything I made the yellowing on the boost worse. Time to black them out I guess.

I never did a custom, what do you guys use to make the paint stay on the boost and not crack at the first wear?
I'm curious about this too, but mine was a collab pair, so i'm not really sure what to do. 
General consensus is to let it be yellow, and RIP when the time comes. 

I like these but i'm not 100% sure whether I'm keeping them.  Not a huge fan of the gradient pattern.  If these were the OG pattern, they'd be keepers for sure.  I love the bronze heel and accents.

Last edited:

I'm curious about this too, but mine was a collab pair, so i'm not really sure what to do. 
General consensus is to let it be yellow, and RIP when the time comes. 
Mine are not natural yellow though, they got muddy and are stained. I can wear them as beaters but I know I will never look at them the same ever again :D

Mine are not natural yellow though, they got muddy and are stained. I can wear them as beaters but I know I will never look at them the same ever again :D
Yeah mate, mine got yellowish-brown due to mud-stains, after cleaning the mud-stains, the brownish-yellow just remained there, like battle scars. 

Yeah mate, mine got yellowish-brown due to mud-stains, after cleaning the mud-stains, the brownish-yellow just remained there, like battle scars. 
I think that's the problem everyone with boost is facing.

It's like the boost patch at the bottom of each pair of yzy. They turn a yellowish brown even after a scrub.

Has anyone tried bleach to see if it helps? 

The charcoal esque cage ruins these for me but still figured y'all would like to see a pic.

Oh and to the dude who said he enjoyed the "marbled" effect on the bronze cup, that's actually just a piss poor paint job mate.

View media item 2140876

Back
Top Bottom