ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How old are you guys to need that many pair of dress shoes?
nerd.gif
25-30 range. I work in SF's financial district. I used to wear cheaper dress shoes $50-150 and they hurt my feet and broke down after daily use over a matter of months. Now, I have much higher quality and grade dress shoes made using Good-year or hand-welted methods. They should all last me 10+ years. To put it in perspective, the leather quality on the best Jordans or sneakers out there is piss-poor compared to these. SBB or any remastered leather can't even compare to the leather on these. Not even those $400+ lux Jordans have the kind of leather these do. They are taken from the best tannery's across Europe and made in Spain, Italy, England, Hungary, etc. 

The craftsmanship, hand-made methods used on these shoes, quality of leather that is sourced and the time-consuming methods deployed all contribute to the prices exceeding $350-500. They aren't "mass-produced" (to various extents) and priced based on limited quantity and demand/hype like sneakers are. Especially, re-sale sneakers. The suede quality or build on a Yeezy 750 just doesn't compare to that of a Crockett & Jones or Edward Green shoe. Anyways, sneakers and dress/formal shoes are completely different markets. It is what it is. 

I have a feeling there is a large range of ages on here from teens to young adults to older cats approaching 40.

Last edited:
I wasn't suggesting you were. Just pointing out that genuine shoe trees would definitely stretch out UB primeknit if that is what he was hoping to do.

I totally understand the point you were making regarding genuine shoe trees and their ability to not only hold the shoe's shape over time but absorbing excess moisture that would ruin leather shoes. Something I would not want happening to $350+ dress shoes. I have about 10 pairs of dress shoes that I rotate throughout every day over 2 weeks. All of them use genuine wood shoe trees. Some costing upwards of $50.00 because I find them better than the generic Woodlore types. 

Can you pm me further details on your "dryer sheet" method? I have two beater Ultra Boosts which have soaked up my feet's moisture since I wear them without socks and rather not have that happen to my DS ones once I start wearing them. 

Its nothing complicated I assure you. I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. method.

After you wear them, just take any plain dryer sheet and plug them inside your shoe. Thats it. Replace as needed. Sometimes I will have 2 or 3 sheets in one shoe just because.., lol. I even use the already used ones after their warm and toasty :smile:

Bonus: This method also works for those who wear raw denim and seldom wash them.

Last edited:
How old are you guys to need that many pair of dress shoes? :nerd:
25-30 range. I work in SF's financial district. I used to wear cheaper dress shoes $50-150 and they hurt my feet and broke down after daily use over a matter of months. Now, I have much higher quality and grade dress shoes made using Good-year or hand-welted methods. They should all last me 10+ years. To put it in perspective, the leather quality on the best Jordans or sneakers out there is piss-poor compared to these. SBB or any remastered leather can't even compare to the leather on these. Not even those $400+ lux Jordans have the kind of leather these do. They are taken from the best tannerys across Europe and made in Spain, Italy, England, etc. 

The craftsmanship, hand-made methods used on these shoes, quality of leather that is sourced and the time-consuming methods deployed all contribute to the prices exceeding $350-500. 

I have a feeling there is a large range of ages on here from teens to young adults to older cats approaching 40.

Link to some of these shoes please? :nerd:

25-30 range. I work in SF's financial district. I used to wear cheaper dress shoes $50-150 and they hurt my feet and broke down after daily use over a matter of months. Now, I have much higher quality and grade dress shoes made using Good-year or hand-welted methods. They should all last me 10+ years. To put it in perspective, the leather quality on the best Jordans or sneakers out there is piss-poor compared to these. SBB or any remastered leather can't even compare to the leather on these. Not even those $400+ lux Jordans have the kind of leather these do. They are taken from the best tannerys across Europe and made in Spain, Italy, England, etc. 

The craftsmanship, hand-made methods used on these shoes, quality of leather that is sourced and the time-consuming methods deployed all contribute to the prices exceeding $350-500. They aren't priced based on limited quantity and demand/hype  like sneakers are. Especially, re-sale sneakers. 

Factual grown man talk right here. :pimp:

25-30 range. I work in SF's financial district. I used to wear cheaper dress shoes $50-150 and they hurt my feet and broke down after daily use over a matter of months. Now, I have much higher quality and grade dress shoes made using Good-year or hand-welted methods. They should all last me 10+ years. To put it in perspective, the leather quality on the best Jordans or sneakers out there is piss-poor compared to these. SBB or any remastered leather can't even compare to the leather on these. Not even those $400+ lux Jordans have the kind of leather these do. They are taken from the best tannery's across Europe and made in Spain, Italy, England, Hungary, etc. 

The craftsmanship, hand-made methods used on these shoes, quality of leather that is sourced and the time-consuming methods deployed all contribute to the prices exceeding $350-500. They aren't "mass-produced" (to various extents) and priced based on limited quantity and demand/hype like sneakers are. Especially, re-sale sneakers. The suede quality or build on a Yeezy 750 just doesn't compare to that of a Crockett & Jones or Edward Green shoe. Anyways, sneakers and dress/formal shoes are completely different markets. It is what it is. 

I agree...definitely gotta have a wide range of dress shoes...cuz u never know what u got to go and plus u gotta switch it up sometimes... u don't wanna be that guy with horrible looking dress shoes....

Was able to grab these from Anrosa, went .5 sz down from tts and 1 sz down from UB..hope they work out
I have also heard these run small due to the fact that they have more padding. You probably would have been better off with your TTS or UB size for these but hopefully they aren't too snug and at least still wearable.

Last edited:
^^ Just posted that link in the NMD thread but removed it since even though its listing sizes, none of them actually add to cart.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up guys..I have a narrow foot but if they don't work out I'll just take to a local consignment shop. 750s from Kith out for delivery today so it eases the pain lol

Anyone have a 10% off code for Startfitness?

I think there's already a discount when you put them into cart.

it comes out to around 135 for the red ones at(116.99 GBP) and 155(130 GBP) for the regular priced ones in USD/Shipped.

I'm in accounting and I think even if you charge in GBP it should be around the same (132+ fx fee)

Last edited:
Funny...was just out for a night time stroll with the gf on "The Bund" in Shanghai and walked into the Adidas store. Saw these and thought they look a lot like my silver medals. So you sir are correct, the are in stores in China.
IMO Adidas has just been plain lazy when putting out the Medal pack and the college colorways. All they did was change the heel cup and in some instances add an extra pair of laces to an existing model. For instance the gold medals are the CB 2.0's with a gold heel cup and leather cage. Really adidas...imagine if one of us chose to paint the heel cup on our 2.0's gold and started calling the gold medals. You guys would clown the ish out of dude.

They could have done so much more.

My office shoe is just a $70 loafer shoe. Other than that I use vans or UBs. Maybe I need to invest in one for special occassions. Im only 27.

Link to some of these shoes please? :nerd:

cop a pair of Bruno Magli dress shoes and thank me later.

Well worth the money. You could walk 10+ hours in them and not even hurt.

I'll never buy dress shoes for less than $250. Its all garbage.

cop a pair of Bruno Magli dress shoes and thank me later.

Well worth the money. You could walk 10+ hours in them and not even hurt.

I'll never buy dress shoes for less than $250. Its all garbage.
Maybe I should reevaluate my decisions when buying dress shoes. Lol

Funny...was just out for a night time stroll with the gf on "The Bund" in Shanghai and walked into the Adidas store. Saw these and thought they look a lot like my silver medals. So you sir are correct, they are in stores in China.
Yeah just same with silver medals minus shiny heel cup and "LTD" label.

I wear mostly Cole Haans when it comes to dress shoes but I don't have to wear dress shoes that often.  My daily dress is casual 

Back
Top Bottom