ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't really think there is any point of using shoe trees in prime knit shoes (besides looks.) There is no shape to hold really, shoe trees were meant for leather shoes to keep the shape (IIRC)

Not to mention, proper shoe trees are made from real wood.

Last edited:
ohh **** I just have been stuffing mine with socks to the point which they explode and I try them on every few days to see if there's a difference. which shoe trees work best?
Ultra Boosts do not need shoe trees. Primeknit does not need to keep its shape like high end leather dress shoes with supple and soft leather. 

If your intent is to stretch the primeknit out as the shoes are too snug, you could use shoe trees. However, be warned, they will loose that snugness that was intended with Ultra Boosts. 

Last edited:
Yeah for kicks like UBs, NMDs, flyknits, Prestos, etc there's only 2 reasons you would ever use shoe trees:

1. They're too small and need to be stretched out to be wearable. Even then it's a long shot.

2. Looks better in pictures.

Otherwise you're wasting time and shoe trees and potentially affecting the integrity of the shoe.

Yes, I'm trying to stretch out my shoes, the toe box it too snug and my big toe pokes through the primeknit.
Well, then if you use real shoe "trees" made of genuine wood, they will most definitely stretch the prime knit out. My UB felt awkward after that so I advise against it but it's your decision. 

Well, then if you use real shoe "trees" made of genuine wood, they will most definitely stretch the prime knit out. My UB felt awkward after that so I advise against it but it's your decision. 

I wasn't advising he do this. I was merely pointing out real shoe trees are made out of wood for a reason.

"Our feet sweat throughout the day, and the lining of our shoes absorb all that moisture. This can cause the lining to rot, your shoes to stink, thereby ruining expensive footwear.

A shoe tree holds a shoe in its proper shape so it dries out correctly. The absorbent wood also helps dry out the lining of shoes so that they don't rot from the inside out." - paraphrased from Business Insider.

By using plastic trees after you worn them can cause issues. With my UB's, personally, I put in a dryer sheet to wick away the moisture and keep the inside of the shoe smelling clean. To each is their own.

Last edited:
I wasn't advising he do this. I was merely pointing out real shoe trees are made out of wood for a reason.

"Our feet sweat throughout the day, and the lining of our shoes absorb all that moisture. This can cause the lining to rot, your shoes to stink, thereby ruining expensive footwear.

A shoe tree holds a shoe in its proper shape so it dries out correctly. The absorbent wood also helps dry out the lining of shoes so that they don't rot from the inside out." - paraphrased from Business Insider.

By using plastic trees after you worn them can cause issues. With my UB's, personally, I put in a dryer sheet to wick away the moisture and keep the inside of the shoe smelling clean. To each is their own.
I wasn't suggesting you were. Just pointing out that genuine shoe trees would definitely stretch out UB primeknit if that is what he was hoping to do.

I totally understand the point you were making regarding genuine shoe trees and their ability to not only hold the shoe's shape over time but absorbing excess moisture that would ruin leather shoes. Something I would not want happening to $350+ dress shoes. I have about 10 pairs of dress shoes that I rotate throughout every day over 2 weeks. All of them use genuine wood shoe trees. Some costing upwards of $50.00 because I find them better than the generic Woodlore types. 

Can you pm me further details on your "dryer sheet" method? I have two beater Ultra Boosts which have soaked up my feet's moisture since I wear them without socks and rather not have that happen to my DS ones once I start wearing them. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom