ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prime example, i just charged it thru my card and it was 212 shipped.
Could this be because the card you are choosing has no foreign transaction fees? I switched between my wells fargo visa, chase visa and paypal account on the payment screen and it made no difference for me.

Last edited:
Prime example, i just charged it thru my card and it was 212 shipped.
Could this be because the card you are choosing has no foreign transaction fees? I switched between my wells fargo visa, chase visa and paypal account on the payment screen and it made no difference for me.

Its not a matter of what payment method you use technically. Default is to have pp convert it to dollars first and foremost then charge whatever payment method in dollars. Like i said theres a link in fine print under the price that you have to click to change the conversion options. Once you change that the price pp shows before you submit the payment switches to whatever currency and price the website showed you before you went to pp. You will then have to look at your bank account or cc account to see how much you were actually charged in $'s.

Its not a matter of what payment method you use technically. Default is to have pp convert it to dollars first and foremost then charge whatever payment method in dollars. Like i said theres a link in fine print under the price that you have to click to change the conversion options. Once you change that the price pp shows before you submit the payment switches to whatever currency and price the website showed you before you went to pp. You will then have to look at your bank account or cc account to see how much you were actually charged in $'s.
I see it now. repped for the tip. Paypal fees went up recently. I'm pretty positive the card issuer conversion fees are lower now.

I see it now. repped for the tip. Paypal fees went up recently. I'm pretty positive the card issuer conversion fees are lower now.

Pp foreign transaction fees are for sellers receiving payments in foreign currency. There are no fees on pp for buyers paying in foreign currency. Its the bank pp is using to do their currency conversion for buyers that are making a profit. At least thats what pp told me, they arent the ones making that extra profit.

Let me break it down for other users that may not see it. This is for the MG3.0 that just popped up on the UK site

Here is what the pp payment screen looks like when you go to check out. It has the price in GBP from the website at the top, then the price in dollars pp will charge your payment method further down

View media item 2383093
You click the conversion rate ($1.00 = .77 GBP) link in blue and that box pops up "conversion rate options". Click that link.

View media item 2383094
Now this box opens and you can select your card issuers rate instead of the pp rate.

View media item 2383095
Once you confirm that change you now see the checkout screen and everything is in GBP. No more $ amounts. They are charging GBP directly to your payment method.

View media item 2383096
So now i check my online banking and my cc was charged $154.11 instead of the $159.66 pp was originally going to charge before making the change. Not a huge difference on this transaction but if you paying in other lesser traded currencies or your paying 200-300+ resell on ebay or whatever it can easily add up to a 20-30 difference.

Last edited:
Pp foreign transaction fees are for sellers receiving payments in foreign currency. There are no fees on pp for buyers paying in foreign currency. Its the bank pp is using to do their currency conversion for buyers that are making a profit. At least thats what pp told me, they arent the ones making that extra profit.

Let me break it down for other users that may not see it. This is for the MG3.0 that just popped up on the UK site

Here is what the pp payment screen looks like when you go to check out. It has the price in GBP from the website at the top, then the price in dollars pp will charge your payment method further down

View media item 2383093
You click the conversion rate ($1.00 = .77 GBP) link in blue and that box pops up "conversion rate options". Click that link.

View media item 2383094
Now this box opens and you can select your card issuers rate instead of the pp rate.

View media item 2383095
Once you confirm that change you now see the checkout screen and everything is in GBP. No more $ amounts. They are charging GBP directly to your payment method.

View media item 2383096
So now i check my online banking and my cc was charged $154.11 instead of the $159.66 pp was originally going to charge before making the change. Not a huge difference on this transaction but if you paying in other lesser traded currencies or your paying 200-300+ resell on ebay or whatever it can easily add up to a 20-30 difference.

This is very useful...very. Well i copped for 159. I shouldve used my chase sapphire pr card for 0 forgein trans fee.

Gonna return my adidas order of mgs

Last edited:

View media item 2383093

View media item 2383094

View media item 2383095

View media item 2383096

Very smart. Repped

Sigh it's the last day for the seller to ship my United Arrows CS.... purchase price was 240 so I hope he's not baacking out

MVP. UK websites are where its at 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom