ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I woke up with an epiphany that I dont need anymore shoes unless they straight up wow me. Ive gotten out of control wether its getting lucky going manual (2 RCs) or paying resell (Havens) I just need to hold up for a minute. Ive got like 15 UBs and all of them are basically just black or white or grey. I think the only color I have are Kiths, Olive 1.0s, and the Dirty Sprite 2.0s. Not to mention the 3 montone NMDs, and now starting the 93/17s.

I kind of hope this thinking lasts, and I dont just forget about it once lunch time comes around
laugh.gif
We definitely all have these kind of revelations dude, but I also am one to say to reward yourself as well. I can agree that it can be a very slippery slope in terms of our hobby here on collecting kicks. I'm sure all of us have been there when you purchase multiple pairs and cringe somewhat at what the total amount of money is that you spent on sneakers in such a short amount of time. My girlfriend both understands and hates me at the same time lmao.

We definitely all have these kind of revelations dude, but I also am one to say to reward yourself as well. I can agree that it can be a very slippery slope in terms of our hobby here on collecting kicks. I'm sure all of us have been there when you purchase multiple pairs and cringe somewhat at what the total amount of money is that you spent on sneakers in such a short amount of time. My girlfriend both understands and hates me at the same time lmao.

yeap, makes me sick sometimes when I add it all up over a weekend. Often times comes to more than 1K. Im not struggling financially by any means, but I just feel like Ive forgotten what the value of a dollar really is. $200 seems like nothing to me any more all because of some sneakers, when in reality that $200 can go a long way.

just have to start cherry picking rather than get every release. Adidas has been really milking UB lol, just look at all the triple blacks

I woke up with an epiphany that I dont need anymore shoes unless they straight up wow me. Ive gotten out of control wether its getting lucky going manual (2 RCs) or paying resell (Havens) I just need to hold up for a minute. Ive got like 15 UBs and all of them are basically just black or white or grey. I think the only color I have are Kiths, Olive 1.0s, and the Dirty Sprite 2.0s. Not to mention the 3 montone NMDs, and now starting the 93/17s.

I kind of hope this thinking lasts, and I dont just forget about it once lunch time comes around
laugh.gif
this hit me awhile ago and thankfully ive been keeping it up. my last sneaker down size went from about 65+ pairs down to 12-13 and now im creeping up to close to 25 again and thinking about it makes me sick because I wear sneakers 2 days a week if im lucky lol kind of helps me feel a little bit better that the shoes ive been copping are vastly different in model and colorways though. My last 5 pairs of shoes were the Vista grey y-3 qasas, kith response trail, nike sock dart wolf grey (like $45), the y-3 white pure boosts, and the royal 1s. im tapping out now aside from a yeezy release or 2 lol and im going to downsize again in a few months

Last edited:

Nice. The olive is a really nice pair which curbed me from copping any NCs or TCs.

The 'oreo' is a nice pair too, esp on-foot. Can't go wrong with that or the uncaged TBs.
I love this oreo cw, honestly one of my fave ubs right now. Got them for 10% off to 
nthat.gif

I didn't really like the other similar iterations before these ones with black boost. They were just too black for me. These are just right imo.

this hit me awhile ago and thankfully ive been keeping it up. my last sneaker down size went from about 65+ pairs down to 12-13 and now im creeping up to close to 25 again and thinking about it makes me sick because I wear sneakers 2 days a week if im lucky lol kind of helps me feel a little bit better that the shoes ive been copping are vastly different in model and colorways though. My last 5 pairs of shoes were the Vista grey y-3 qasas, kith response trail, nike sock dart wolf grey (like $45), the y-3 white pure boosts, and the royal 1s. im tapping out now aside from a yeezy release or 2 lol and im going to downsize again in a few months

im lucky enough to be able to wear sneakers to my job every day so I get alot of wear out of enough of them, at least enough for me to justify it. It would take me a while to get that low though. I refuse to let my collection reach over 100, for personal reasons, so every no and then I have to sell pairs off, but I always find myself buying double that amount right after :smh:. Speaking of, Ice crept a little over once again, time to find a couple pairs to dump.

I just gotta learn to stick to it. I said in here the other day I look at too many pictures.

im lucky enough to be able to wear sneakers to my job every day so I get alot of wear out of enough of them, at least enough for me to justify it. It would take me a while to get that low though. I refuse to let my collection reach over 100, for personal reasons, so every no and then I have to sell pairs off, but I always find myself buying double that amount right after
mean.gif
. Speaking of, Ice crept a little over once again, time to find a couple pairs to dump.

I just gotta learn to stick to it. I said in here the other day I look at too many pictures.
its been years since ive had 100 pairs, it took me awhile to get from from 65 to 12, but what helped a lot was i was in a growing phase of life. places i worked, places i was going to, people i was with just didnt call for sneakers. my more formal shoe collection grew but my sneaker collection sank. but then i settled down a bit and the sneaker itch came back when the athleisure bug hit me. but luckily for me although i love boost, and i love every ultra boost i own, the hype for me was vert short lived when i didnt want another black and white shoe and that all of the runners id been wearing up until that point were still pretty damn comfortable. also helps that i dont follow this thread that closely lol

I feel that. I just bought the Y3 Triple White Pure Boost as well last week and do have some buyers remorse towards those considering you could basically almost get two other pairs of UBs or Racers or something for one of the Y3. It's a clean *** shoe though:

I feel that. I just bought the Y3 Triple White Pure Boost as well last week and do have some buyers remorse towards those considering you could basically almost get two other pairs of UBs or Racers or something for one of the Y3. It's a clean *** shoe though:
luckily my go-to boutique owed me a favor so my pair was only $250 but thinking about that makes me cringe. Ive never paid over $200 for a pair of Y-3s aside from my first pair of qasa's. I'm generally not in the business of paying $200 for any shoe now days aside from a yeezy drop. at the end of the day Im just not a collector anymore. I go through phases when i think i really need this shoe and then i get it. where it once or not at all and then months to a year later i unload them. rinse and repeat. I'm gonna beat up these Y-3s though lol and cop a pair for under 200 when they go on sale this summer

Last edited:
luckily my go-to boutique owed me a favor so my pair was only $250 but thinking about that makes me cringe. Ive never paid over $200 for a pair of Y-3s aside from my first pair of qasa's. I'm generally not in the business of paying $200 for any shoe now days aside from a yeezy drop. at the end of the day Im just not a collector anymore. I go through phases when i think i really need this shoe and then i get it. where it once or not at all and then months to a year later i unload them. rinse and repeat. I'm gonna beat up these Y-3s though lol and cop a pair for under 200 when they go on sale this summer

I kick myself for not picking up a pair of the black/white Y3 Pure Boost ZG. Those are doper than the all white imo and they were heavily discounted as well.

Come to the broke side, French.

Sub $50 at the Nike outlets or bust.

Buyers remorse hits immediately after. Returned or sold every release the past 2 months.

Been using that money to throw at the mortgage and saw a difference so 100 pairs went on goat and sticking to a 12 rotation like you.

Buyers remorse hits immediately after. Returned or sold every release the past 2 months.

Been using that money to throw at the mortgage and saw a difference so 100 pairs went on goat and sticking to a 12 rotation like you.
i know this is the boost thread but ive been enjoying the hell out of the sock darts i picked up at the outlets for $45 and i love them lol more than half of my sneakers now are thoroughly broken in and have already paid for themselves in my opinion. its the new crap that i keep stumbling on. but like clock work they get returned or sold like you said. lifes coming fast now. new job+more money but an impending engagement is coming lol and a house too. this stuff just doesnt matter as much to me anymore

see, this what I realized this morning. I need more friends like you and frech in real life :rofl:

idk if I can sell off that many pairs at once though, thats like cutting a limb off my body :lol:

Last edited:
see, this what I realized this morning. I need more friends like you and frech in real life
roll.gif

idk if I can sell off that many pairs at once though, thats like cutting a limb off my body
laugh.gif
start with your worn once/criminally DS pairs lol fun thing about selling your collection is that the money is already long spent and written off. so everything is profit 
roll.gif

start their and then the money looks better and better

I bought a pair of these but don't know what kind of duties I'll be hit with shipping to Canada. They were 40$ under US retail though with free shipping. Hoping for the best but even if I have to pay retail for them here in Canada, they are hard to even find in stock anywhere.

They also went Out Of Stock when I was in the middle of checking out but it processed my order...Does this site not have some time limit of carting items?

Last edited:
I bought a pair of these but don't know what kind of duties I'll be hit with shipping to Canada. They were 40$ under US retail though with free shipping. Hoping for the best but even if I have to pay retail for them here in Canada, they are hard to even find in stock anywhere.

probably nothing i'd say. order from other UK sites for under retail and haven't been hit with any hidden fees. i forgot what the current customs from UK chart says but i was under the impression it was 800$ of items before fees would be considered (UK to US)

probably nothing i'd say. order from other UK sites for under retail and haven't been hit with any hidden fees. i forgot what the current customs from UK chart says but i was under the impression it was 800$ of items before fees would be considered (UK to US)
I just said I'm from Canada bro. We get hit with customs/duties on everything. It's bull$hit but it's the way it is up here. Ultra Boosts are like rare leprechaun gold up here.

All 3 UB are available here in ADC Brazil and I really want to buy one pair. What´s your pick?

1. Oreo;

2. Metalic/Silver;

3. Triple Black;

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom