ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i know this is the boost thread but ive been enjoying the hell out of the sock darts i picked up at the outlets for $45 and i love them lol more than half of my sneakers now are thoroughly broken in and have already paid for themselves in my opinion. its the new crap that i keep stumbling on. but like clock work they get returned or sold like you said. lifes coming fast now. new job+more money but an impending engagement is coming lol and a house too. this stuff just doesnt matter as much to me anymore
see, this what I realized this morning. I need more friends like you and frech in real life
roll.gif

idk if I can sell off that many pairs at once though, thats like cutting a limb off my body
laugh.gif

start with your worn once/criminally DS pairs lol fun thing about selling your collection is that the money is already long spent and written off. so everything is profit 
roll.gif

start their and then the money looks better and better
I'm right there with you guys. Bought way too much boost, got caught in the hype...Now I'm slowly selling off a bunch of my collection. Need to get below 50.

Just got engaged recently as well and getting hammered with costs so any inflows right now are a plus.

I like your "everything is profit" mentality I should adopt that lol. Would help me let go of some pears...

Even though I don't own any UB (yet), I'm already starting to second guess if I want to buy all the pairs that I'm searching for right now. I've already made some considerable cuts to my list to try and narrow it down to what I'll wear the most.

I feel like at the end of the day it's all about the comfort and nothing but EQTs comes close. As long as boost stays plush and cloud-like people will come to it. Remember how a couple of months ago everyone was hating on the 3.0 knit? GRs are selling out within minutes still.

I'm right there with you guys. Bought way too much boost, got caught in the hype...Now I'm slowly selling off a bunch of my collection. Need to get below 50.

Just got engaged recently as well and getting hammered with costs so any inflows right now are a plus.

I like your "everything is profit" mentality I should adopt that lol. Would help me let go of some pears...
its definitely a mixture of a lot of things for me that brought me to this point. one being i was never blown away by boost. unlike a lot of people i know i didnt jump from jordans straight into boost. i got into boost about 1-2 years after i downsized and lost the collectors mindset. during that time i dived right into runners. huaraches (and huarache nms), prestos, sock darts. All of which get SIGNIFICANTLY more comfortable as you break them in. and then i got my first pair of ultra boost (CB 1.0). loved them and they were def really comfortable but they werent blowing anything of the runners i had already been wearing (and broken in) out of the water. i chalk up everyones difference in opinion to the fact that most people with large collections rarely really break in shoes anymore. on foot my broken in huaraches and sock darts were not to far behind my ultra boosts.and even though i have since bought more pairs im by no means keeping up with the trend. add on top of that more financial responsibilities, less occasions to wear sneakers, and other life stuff i just never got swept up in the hype. so its easier for me to say im not gonna by as much because no shoe im really fan of is trendy at the moment 
laugh.gif

It's funny that everyone's talking about this because I've been debating selling off some of my collection too. It's only like 20 pairs but sometimes I feel like it's 15 pairs too much. Pretty sure I don't need all these black and grey shoes. I used to be a simple sneaker person. I just had 1 basketball shoe and 2-3 casual shoes(Janoskis, Old Navy shoes and Aldos lmao) I'd rotate throughout the days. I kind of want to get back to that lol and focus on more important priorities.

I feel like at the end of the day it's all about the comfort and nothing but EQTs comes close. As long as boost stays plush and cloud-like people will come to it.
boost has spoiled people with instant gratification now. like i mentioned in my post above i jumped into boost after a 1-2 years of heavily breaking in various runners. for a multitude of reasons cats arent wearing shoes long enough to break them in anymore because theyre used to that kind of comfort out of the gate.  im a bigger dude, 6'4' 240lbs and it doesnt take me nearly as long to break in a pair a shoes than someone smaller so i know the comfort is out there. one of the reasons i think alpha bounces are under rated. the sole is stiffer out the gate but when bounce breaks in i can and have worn them for hours on end and they feel great on foot.

see, this what I realized this morning. I need more friends like you and frech in real life
roll.gif

idk if I can sell off that many pairs at once though, thats like cutting a limb off my body
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When my boy came in December...shoes just became a memory.

I sold everything DS, VNDS and Jordans (since they make my feet hurt) and now he got college covered.

I take him on outlet runs with me and still have a hard time buying things I want that are under retail. I keep thinking...this $100-$200 can go to the mortgage and have me and my family in a position to retire (part-time) in a few years.

laugh.gif

When my boy came in December...shoes just became a memory.

I sold everything DS, VNDS and Jordans (since they make my feet hurt) and now he got college covered.

I take him on outlet runs with me and still have a hard time buying things I want that are under retail. I keep thinking...this $100-$200 can go to the mortgage and have me and my family in a position to retire (part-time) in a few years.
so thats why i cant unload anymore tech fleece on you! 
laugh.gif

boost has spoiled people with instant gratification now. like i mentioned in my post above i jumped into boost after a 1-2 years of heavily breaking in various runners. for a multitude of reasons cats arent wearing shoes long enough to break them in anymore because theyre used to that kind of comfort out of the gate.  im a bigger dude, 6'4' 240lbs and it doesnt take me nearly as long to break in a pair a shoes than someone smaller so i know the comfort is out there. one of the reasons i think alpha bounces are under rated. the sole is stiffer out the gate but when bounce breaks in i can and have worn them for hours on end and they feel great on foot.
I think someone mentioned this a while back but wearing UBs now kind of just feels like wearing any other shoe. It's like my feet are so used to it at this point it's like anything else. Way different from the first time I ever put one on.

I think someone mentioned this a while back but wearing UBs now kind of just feels like wearing any other shoe. It's like my feet are so used to it at this point it's like anything else. Way different from the first time I ever put one on.

That's why I still wear different shoes for me to still appreciate the comfort of UBs.

roll.gif

I still hunt for TF/TK.

I need another black one..mine just turned brown on the sleeves.
i havent been on the active look out for awhile but ill keep an eye out for you 

i wouldnt say any other shoe. just got the royal 1s and theyre definitely more comfortable than those but the "its not even close" line doesnt apply to me when it comes to runners. especially shoes ive already broken in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom