ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So have folks been watching too much Youtube getting influenced by them shoe reviewers who are letting go of their whole collection?

Can't wait for Teddy and Jay to join that movement.

Last edited:
Go by color and not model, you'll have a much easier time narrowing down your shoes.
This is what I pretty much do...  I only **ck with breds color now... 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Everyone is having a joint Epiphany, lol. Coincidence that everyone wants to downsize because all the shoetubers are doing also? when will eveyrone think for themselves? very sheepish lol.

But in all seriousness this website is the devil at work.

i think i have about 8-10 trainers in total and will think about offloading 1 or 2

ultraboosts x3

adidas zx flux x1

air max 95 - x1 (trying to get rid)

air max 90 x1

Air jordan 4 x1

air jordan 5 - (trying to get rid)

flyknit oreo racer x1

adidas gazelle x1(commute to work beater)

nike huarache - gym beater (wear on my walk to gym also heel tab has broken - will get rid of soon)

nike free run - gym shoe

pumas (x2 beaters literally use them just to throw rubbish away and hang clothes in the garden)

Has anyone just listed their pairs and thought about removing it from there?

Why they doing that?
dunno, maybe for views / figured they can't keep up with all the releases / had an epiphany that life > shoes / too poor now so they gotta sell off their shoes / doing it cause other youtube shoe reviewer doing it / an opportunity to subtle flex how many pair have been have been accumulated since they started collecting.

It's funny because that's the title of the vid, then they go on to say well im keeping 'some' pairs...

So have folks been watching too much Youtube getting influenced by them shoe reviewers who are letting go of their whole collection?

I'm not buying it for the time being ... let go somestuff because I was moving , everything else is staying for the long

I thought Teddy sells some of his shoes at the popups. I have never watched a full video of his so I dunno. I typically just ff to the part where he shows off a shoe that isn't out yet that he has then as soon as he says "these are fiyaaaaaaah" or "super dope" I stop watching. 

I've been doing it for a while...  Unload to reload or in my case, get rid of other shoes I know for sure I wont be wearing to fund other stuff...

Sold most of my Js that I dont use anymore and pretty much got my money back on what I spent on it which Im happy...  Used the money to fund my vacation in June... 
laugh.gif

Now Im looking at my collection and trying to see what other stuff I can unload...  That way I can fund other stuff (non shoe related).

Sheep movement lol - honestly sometimes maybe these content creators don't realise how much influence they have.

I'm not buying it for the time being ... let go somestuff because I was moving , everything else is staying for the long

I thought Teddy sells some of his shoes at the popups. I have never watched a full video of his so I dunno. I typically just ff to the part where he shows off a shoe that isn't out yet that he has then as soon as he says "these are fiyaaaaaaah" or "super dope" I stop watching. 

I've been doing it for a while...  Unload to reload or in my case, get rid of other shoes I know for sure I wont be wearing to fund other stuff...

Sold most of my Js that I dont use anymore and pretty much got my money back on what I spent on it which Im happy...  Used the money to fund my vacation in June... 
laugh.gif

Now Im looking at my collection and trying to see what other stuff I can unload...  That way I can fund other stuff (non shoe related).
Yea but these vids popping up online make it seem like they are 'moving on' from the sneaker game. I really hope they bring a whole bunch of people with them
laugh.gif

Sheep movement lol - honestly sometimes maybe these content creators don't realise how much influence they have.
I didn't realize how many followers/fans some of these guys have.

Like these kids are spending 300+ on UBs only for them to be signed by Teddy.

Cool that they got a following but they portraying a lifestyle that most of their follower/fans can keep up with.

Why they doing that?
dunno, maybe for views / figured they can't keep up with all the releases / had an epiphany that life > shoes / too poor now so they gotta sell off their shoes / doing it cause other youtube shoe reviewer doing it / an opportunity to subtle flex how many pair have been have been accumulated since they started collecting.

It's funny because that's the title of the vid, then they go on to say well im keeping 'some' pairs...
I think the youtube thing is just paralleling what was already happening in the community.

I've sold about 150 pairs off in the last 2 years and I'm probably going to let go of another 50-60 pairs of Jordans because I just can't stand to be uncomfortable in $200 shoes.

i thought maybe youtube changed something up in the payment/payout algorithm or something thats affecting big time dudes 

wings+horns x adidas NMD R2 ... doesn't do much for me in either colorway. The first one looks like a damn baseball though if that stitch was red

Last edited:

Yea but these vids popping up online make it seem like they are 'moving on' from the sneaker game. I really hope they bring a whole bunch of people with them
laugh.gif
I've been hearing this so much lately, like almost every day i put it on, so there's been a good 3-4 weeks without any sneaker releated suggestion on my youtube. You should try, some of those peeps are pure cancer 

laugh.gif

same for me. I've sold a tonnn of pairs over the past year, all stuff I wore once or didn't wear at all. I have too many UBs as is, so I'm done with those unless something amazing drops. But then I do the unload to reload thing, so that means I'll sell something to make up for it. I'm not a collector by any means.

I didn't realize how many followers/fans some of these guys have.

Like these kids are spending 300+ on UBs only for them to be signed by Teddy.

Cool that they got a following but they portraying a lifestyle that most of their follower/fans can keep up with.
People are flipping the boost god crap they buy at the popups on ebay. He must make a killing selling shirts for probably 20 to 30 bucks (maybe even more) and it must cost him 3 to 5 bucks to make. I thought the ed hardy trend was done a decade ago, but teddy brought it back by adding boost. :tongue:

I still wouldn't want his lifestyle even if he's cashing in on it. Traveling from city to city doesn't sound fun to me. But he does seem like a people person and that's not me either so he probably is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.

I feel you man. I be sitting here thinking about if I should unload some pears. It's not much compared to some of ya'll in here, but it's way more than I need. I only get to wear my sneakers maybe once or twice a week. 

You know what it is? It's NT :lol:  My *** gotta stay away from some of these threads LOL

fully completely 100% agree. If I got off NT, my spending would go way down. I just get bored sometimes and need something to read though :lol:

NT is life. :smokin

Honestly if don't spend time here I can save a lot. But everytime I try to leave something just keeps on pulling me back. :lol:

Another thing to consider is that a lot of the youtube guys pay resale and over retail to acquire pairs early.

A lot of the older shoes they paid over retail for aren't worth what they used to be.

It only makes sense to try to recoup some of that cost by letting pairs go before they aren't worth anything at all.

An example is how some Lebron 8-10s were reselling for a lot a couple years back and now you can barely get retail for some of those same shoes.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of the youtube guys pay resale and over retail to acquire pairs early.

A lot of the older shoes they paid over retail for aren't worth what they used to be.

It only makes sense to try to recoup some of that cost by letting pairs go before they aren't worth anything at all.

An example is how some Lebron 8-10s were reselling for a lot a couple years back and now you can barely get retail for some of those same shoes.
yup and alot of the big shoetubers (hate that word lol) came up in that era

at the end of the day i think its just becoming more and more apparent that this whole sneakerhead "culture" is a young peoples thing. and what young people are into changes with the seasons

Last edited:
Most of these guys are cashing in before the market bottoms out completely, people ain't paying over the odds for most Jordans that retro every 3-4 years most releases that make money are just too hard for them to get or they paying resell. With so many releases from all brands right now releases are soon forgotten about or a similar version comes out. I mean how many black based or grey based ultra boosts have come out in the 3.0 knit and it's not even 6 months since the 3.0 were released!

I think the youtube thing is just paralleling what was already happening in the community.

I've sold about 150 pairs off in the last 2 years and I'm probably going to let go of another 50-60 pairs of Jordans because I just can't stand to be uncomfortable in $200 shoes.
Could be but with the influx of consignment shops, it's way easier to just unload a whole bunch of pairs without individually selling them.

But it could also be some people's collections aren't quite relevant anymore when they re-release CWs in Nike/Jordan every other year.

i thought maybe youtube changed something up in the payment/payout algorithm or something thats affecting big time dudes 

People are flipping the boost god crap they buy at the popups on ebay. He must make a killing selling shirts for probably 20 to 30 bucks (maybe even more) and it must cost him 3 to 5 bucks to make. I thought the ed hardy trend was done a decade ago, but teddy brought it back by adding boost. :tongue:

I still wouldn't want his lifestyle even if he's cashing in on it. Traveling from city to city doesn't sound fun to me. But he does seem like a people person and that's not me either so he probably is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.
I am just amazed at how he is able to drop so much money on shoes on just being a tattoo artist but now he on the road so he must've had a lot of shells saved up.

Making merch is genius and doing pop-up shops because essentially that is his allowance on the road.

Not knocking his hustle. Just don't like the Boost > everything rhetoric. It's like he trying a little too hard to be his self-proclaimed name.

I dont even watch any of those videos 
roll.gif
When youtube takes you down that wormhole of random videos, you end up watching these.

It's funny because there's a whole bunch of folks making shoe reviews and their earliest shoe is actually an UB/NMD of some sort.

Boost tech def brought some new players to the game.

Back
Top Bottom