ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Woo same here. Can't wait :nthat:  says signature confirmation is required. I might not be home when they arrive...

make a fedex account, you can do a signature release online if you or someone wont be home.

Last edited:
looking at the poll results. idk why im more surprised that so many people still rock with NMDs so heavy in this thread than JB/Nike coming in second place

yup comp sci is a hot market at the moment. My little brother just moved out to SF to work at a start up and every time we talk he tries to convince me to learn to code and move out west. The salary is tempting, the free food at work is tempting, the casual nature of tech jobs is tempting, but not sure if i'm into the work life balance of tech. My brother works too much haha. Marginally depressing that he makes more than i do, but also not interested that him and his roommates are paying 7800$/month to life in japan town lol...... Currently i'm a mechanical engineer for the department of transportation and the work life balance at the moment is perfect . No real complaints . :-D
Sounds like you have a good gig, if you're worried about the work life balance I wouldn't be tempted at all. Working too much will drive a man crazy and is completely unhealthy.

yup comp sci is a hot market at the moment. My little brother just moved out to SF to work at a start up and every time we talk he tries to convince me to learn to code and move out west. The salary is tempting, the free food at work is tempting, the casual nature of tech jobs is tempting, but not sure if i'm into the work life balance of tech. My brother works too much haha. Marginally depressing that he makes more than i do, but also not interested that him and his roommates are paying 7800$/month to life in japan town lol...... Currently i'm a mechanical engineer for the department of transportation and the work life balance at the moment is perfect . No real complaints . :-D
fellow mech-e here 
nthat.gif

I choose other brand models D: 

Nb and Asics is heavy in my current rotation 
i cant really say that i have a rotation since i wear sneakers like twice a week 
laugh.gif
 generally the shoes that get the most wear are the newest pairs that i have at the time. right now that happens to be the y-3 pure boosts, wolf grey sock darts, and jordan 1 royal.  when that "new" sensation settles i'll go back to my go too's for this time of year which are triple white  huarache NMs, aramis alpha bounces, CB 1.0, and a Y-3/350 v2 mixed in every now and then.

i know comfort is the new "it" standard but after wearing dress shoes all week my threshold for comfort is pretty damn low so i can enjoy wearing tons of other shoes without complaints

Last edited:
Comp sci will always be "hot" and is only getting "hotter." This isn't 1999. There are many more new tools and paradigms that exist now that didn't before. 

I live a mile from my office on Market Street but I WFH three days out of the week. You come to realize that all the free **** they give you is just to keep you there, to keep you interacting with your fellow peers, to generate new ideas, to generate revenue (but no profit ha). Yea it's cool and fun and exciting the first year you arrive, but it becomes exhausting. 

If you're single and make 120k or more, you'll be fine living in SF. It's all relative.

Last edited:

Comp sci will always be "hot" and is only getting "hotter." This isn't 1999. There are many more new tools and paradigms that exist now that didn't before. 

I live a mile from my office on Market Street but I WFH three days out of the week. You come to realize that all the free **** they give you is just to keep you there, to keep you interacting with your fellow peers, to generate new ideas, to generate revenue (but no profit ha). Yea it's cool and fun and exciting the first year you arrive, but it becomes exhausting. 

If you're single and make 120k or more, you'll be fine living in SF. It's all relative.
haha yea i realize the free food , laundry services and stuff, is all to keep everyone happy . No official sleeping quarters, but those couches are fairly plush =P 

my brother was at facebook last year, and got to visit him and other friends at the HQ, it's somewhat surreal compared to DC office life haha.  He's def loving life in SF for sure =) , i think i'm just getting OLD to consider all things involved with a career change =( 

on another note, was able to use some ebay bucks and get my wife some DS us5.5 multi 1.0 for retail , i guess it's about time i increase her inventory =P 

Last edited:

the one in the middle is the haven ? damn they are too wide , i havent worn em yet and didnt notice it 
I think the ATR strip pulls the sides outwards making it look wider than it is... and with no cage to hold it in it spreads it out... on foot it definitely looks a lot better.

I saw a youtuber complaining about the way they look out of the box when he had not even put them on his foot yet. I wanted to be like "put the damn thing on your foot first... who gives a **** what they look like sitting on your shelf? " 

haha

does anyone know when is the RC 3.0 worldwide release?
Rumored to be U.S./Canada release only

Can I put my ultra boost in a washing machine?

My ultra boost 2.0 is worn almost 1 year and it is kinda nasty
Yes.

The consensus is that for the safest wash you should take the laces/insoles out and place the shoes into a pillow case and throw them into a washing machine with a cold wash/rinse on the gentlest setting you have

Is that $7800 split between 10 people?   

I'm like half joking, and being half serious.  The Bay Area prices ain't no joke.  This is one of the few places where folks making $100k+ could say they are struggling to survive.  

Is that $7800 split between 10 people?   

I'm like half joking, and being half serious.  The Bay Area prices ain't no joke.  This is one of the few places where folks making $100k+ could say they are struggling to survive.  
4 people haha. his portion is 1700$ for probably what was a kitchen converted into a bedroom, and i think they all share one bathroom lmao.   haha dang (6800* not 7800, hit the wrong key)

Last edited:

4 people haha. his portion is 1700$ for probably what was a kitchen converted into a bedroom, and i think they all share one bathroom lmao.   haha dang (6800* not 7800, hit the wrong key)
$1700 ain't too bad to be having his own "bedroom".  I think rent goes about $3k or so in SF.  Insane prices.  

It sounds amazing but trust me, like someone just said you're living an average life at 100k because the cost of living is so high. Minimum wage is $15 there too just to put it in perspective. You'd most likely pay $2,000 for only a small room too. But in the end it all really comes down to what you want, it just sounds like you're gonna be rich when you hear 100k but it doesn't really turn out like that.

Back
Top Bottom