ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember how I was still waiting for my package from achilles. It turned up, was delivered to a wrong address. Thank god it was an old filipino guy who was kind enough to return it, otherwise it would've been long gone.

USPS still shows it as at the office. Achilles never insured it, kept telling me theres delays at Customs and that it should turn up eventually. I would've been SOL if it weren't for this kind samaritan .

All in all, Im glad I got my boosts, but this type of crap is unacceptable from both parties.

All this talk about #NTEconCrew.... any one of ya'll wish ya'll studied something else instead? 
laugh.gif
 This is not only directed towards Econ folks. 

I know people always say the grass is greener on the other side, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I studied something else like Computer Science. I actually got admitted to my school of choice as a Comp Sci major, but eventually switched to Economics because I wanted to work in banking. Well... that never happened 
roll.gif

Should've stuck with Comp Sci LOL. I know folks who graduated with horrible grades as Comp Sci majors and land great paying gigs right after graduating. Hell, I know a few people who attended coding bootcamps out here in the Bay Area for a couple months and end up making way more than I currently do - some close to 6 figures. 
Only reason I chose Econ was because the Business degree program was too impacted. I don't regret it though. MBA programs / law schools love people with Econ degrees. Once I decide to go back, I'm sure I won't have much trouble getting accepted. 

i'll just loop in my whole business major has nothing to do with my current job/career opportunity. Seems to fit with some of you Econ majors :lol:

Also depends on what hours you work in Bay Area.
Used to wake up at 4 am, catch a 5:10 train, get in Financial District at 5:30, and done by 1:30/2 pm. Market hours.
Lunch at around 9 am pst.
What a life. Bart was full at that morning hour full by time you got through Oakland. Construction guys, Finance dudes and God knows what the other people did for living.

My dude :lol:. That's my life for the most part. 4am wake up, BART into Financial District, in by 6AM out 2-3ish depending on how much work I need to get done. Nice to have the rest of the day and empty trains. Easier to cop kicks too.

Actually on the train now. Left early cause I was sick but helps someone bit on my RC 3.0.

God I hope these factory flaws don't get the RC 3.0 sent back from StockX. They weren't my size or else I'd just wear them.

If you are single and don't make more than 70k in the Bay:

-you're still living with your parents
-you live with multiple roommates
-you got super lucky renting a place from friend
-you live in a dorm sized apt/condo

Combined income is key out here or you literally barley making it if you try to survive with anything below that.

Oh, and living in the boonies but commuting to the Bay for salary doesn't count.

What do you need to make to buy a decent house in SF?

no data to prove that sentiment, but my friends who are engineers in texas have purchased houses wtihin the first 3 years of working full time haha

My dude :lol:. That's my life for the most part. 4am wake up, BART into Financial District, in by 6AM out 2-3ish depending on how much work I need to get done. Nice to have the rest of the day and empty trains. Easier to cop kicks too.
Actually on the train now. Left early cause I was sick but helps someone bit on my RC 3.0.
God I hope these factory flaws don't get the RC 3.0 sent back from StockX. They weren't my size or else I'd just wear them.

View media item 2407507
Doubt X will DK the Trade.
Get better. What's your gig out there if you don't mind?
Former Bond Guy: Institutional Fixed Income Sales Trading.
Top 5 Bank Corp. Really miss those Days.
Small World.

What do you need to make to buy a decent house in SF?
Depends on your definition of a house. If purely off cost, med is 1.1M. At 20% down, your mortgage is 900k, so...

If you're looking for a studio condo, you can swing one for 600k or so. If you're looking for a 4BD historic registered Victorian, your looking at 4M.

speaking of Rc 3.0 factor flaws. I have a green glue (or something) spec on one of the stripes. have to razor blade it off carefully. but other than that. no issues to speak of. weird to here and see more QC issues with RC 3.0 than other releases.

I heard it's relatively cheap to live in Texas. NJ is pretty bad lol.

There's a reason why Californians and businesses are moving to TX in droves ...

Heard a lot of their peeps are go to Oregon and Colorado, too.

Last edited:

Depends on your definition of a house. If purely off cost, med is 1.1M. At 20% down, your mortgage is 900k, so...

If you're looking for a studio condo, you can swing one for 600k or so. If you're looking for a 4BD historic registered Victorian, your looking at 4M.
lol median 1.1 in SF? Where you living the Tenderloins?
laugh.gif

even if you find a decent condo, HOA fees + monthly parking gonna add at least 1K to the mortgage.

If you weren't living in SF 20+ years ago, trying to live in SF in a newer development is almost impossible for the avg middle-class citizen.

Heard a lot go to Oregon and Colorado, too.
Anywhere outside metro CA (SF/LA) cost of living is substantially more realistic. Not counting DC/NY.

But even then, you can't beat our 90% 40-90 deg weather year-round with no snow/hurricane/blizzard/tornados.

Shoveling and salting driveways and winter tires mean nothing to me.

Luckily we got our current flat in SF 4 years ago (2 units split with sister) and current est. is 30% increase in value since then. Would be priced out now. Feel bad for my friends that are looking at buying in the next few years

Anywhere outside metro CA (SF/LA) cost of living is substantially more realistic. Not counting DC/NY.

But even then, you can't beat our 90% 40-90 deg weather year-round with no snow/hurricane/blizzard/tornados.

I live in San Diego and $2800 for 1100 sqft isn't exactly cheap. Plus tack on another $250 for storage since I have no garage and I'm north of $3K. It's brand new and as about as central as you're going to get, but for reference, in Houston, I lived in a 2800 sqft home that was 3 years old, huge yard and a garage 3 mins from work and it was $1550. Yeah, it's not NYC, SF, or DC prices, but still not cheap. A lot people out here still have roommates; no thanks. I haven't had a roommate since I was 20.

Last edited:

I live in San Diego and $2800 for 1100 sqft isn't exactly cheap. Plus tack on another $250 for storage since I have no garage and I'm north of $3K. It's brand new and as about as central as you're going to get, but for reference, in Houston, I lived in a 2800 sqft home that was 3 years old, huge yard and a garage 3 mins from work and it was $1550. Yeah, it's not NYC, SF, or DC prices, but still not cheap. A lot people out here still have roommates; no thanks. I haven't had a roommate since I was 20.
When I see that you can buy a home anywhere else for $200k and in a great neighborhood, I always begin to pack my Boost.
Wasn't really kidding when I first posted this way back:

The Middle gets shafted in CA metros.
It's more so of the people/investors out here taking advantage of each other rather than the state.

Owners know them tech folk make bank so they try to leech out every last penny from them.

But in all honestly, what does a 22 yr-old programmer need with 90k? Dude probably spent it all on resale prices for Coachella.

Back
Top Bottom