ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

different style of post i guess but wanted to share

On sunday i rode my bike 12.5 hours and achieved the elevation gain of Mount Everest , 29,029 Feet (Veritcal). It's an 'official' challenge sort of thing, to raise money for a cause.

I did 98 hill repeats of this one section of road with a buddy of mine to achieve the elevation gain.

probably the toughest thing i've ever done and although it's hard to describe the effort, I'd probably equate the effort to running back to back marathons at 10 minute pace, if your PR pace for a marathon is a 8 minute mile. Very draining.

Had awesome friends come out all day to ride with me (left) and my buddy (right) to give us food and encouragement!

but keeping it boost related!! on feets ...after
What's your setup if you don't mind me asking? I am transitioning from specialized to cannondale right now.

Been told that by multiple adidas employees.
Retail reps or corporate?

In my experience most retail employees are less knowledgeable than the majority of this board.

1.0 knit seems like a Rolls Royce to a 3.0 being Pontiac. Odd to think ( besides the heel collar not being PK) that they are cheaper.

ive heard that they moved on from 1.0 upper because it was harder and more expensive to make because of the two material upper primeknit/mesh?. most 2.0 and on had all primeknit uppers right?

which is probably why they have no problem pushing uncaged models down our throats 
The J&Ds ditched the mesh and were full PK so the template already exists.

I actually talked to the miAdidas rep at the 5th ave store. He asked for some suggestions and I told him that we would love the 1.0 knit for it. He proceeded to tell me that is pretty much never going to happen lol.
If all models moving forward were as poorly received as the 2.0 they would change their tune quick.  After seeing that pic of the 4.0s, it's pretty safe for me to say that 2017 is a wrap.

I want the multi 3.0 and a mid UB and nothing more.  I can't wait for those UB clima in 2018 though.

Oh and:

That white boost in the arch
mean.gif

I need to see on feet.  Something looks off to me.  I wonder if black boost and a white outsole would look better.

I'm on the fence for these
ohwell.gif

Been told that by multiple adidas employees.
Retail reps or corporate?

In my experience most retail employees are less knowledgeable than the majority of this board.

1.0 knit seems like a Rolls Royce to a 3.0 being Pontiac. Odd to think ( besides the heel collar not being PK) that they are cheaper.
Both.

Believe what you want, 1.0 is/was cheaper to make.

Your view of 1.0 knit being like a Rolls Royce/luxury version has more to do with your personal preference than any basis in fact.

For the record I love & prefer 1.0 knit as much as anyone, doesn't mean it should cost more to make.

Last edited:
For me the 1.0 and 2.0 fit TTS. These feel tighter to me
Tighter or smaller?

Even my 3.0 triple black feel looser than any of my 1.0/2.0 and that was notorious for being smaller than most 3.0s.

Maybe that pointed toe that folks are reporting could be the culprit to the 'tighter' feel.

Both.

Believe what you want, 1.0 is/was cheaper to make.

Your view of 1.0 knit being like a Rolls Royce/luxury version has more to do with your personal preference than any basis in fact.

For the record I love & prefer 1.0 knit as much as anyone, doesn't mean it should cost more to make.
Don't disagree, just find it odd/hard to believe Adidas or any corporate entity for that matter would incur an increase in production expenses while not passing on that cost to the consumer.

My view was not solely based on my preference of knit.

It was harder for them to figure out how to do the entire upper in PK than it was to do the multi material upper. The mesh is also cheaper to make than PK.
thats interesting to me. i can understand mesh being a cheaper material than PK but cheaper materials doesnt always equate to cheaper to produce.  i would think that one sheet of material would always be easier than combining two to make one.

anyways im an engineer that works in  manufacturing so i always look at things kind of different 
laugh.gif
  although i dont work in textiles

Last edited:
Tighter or smaller?

Even my 3.0 triple black feel looser than any of my 1.0/2.0 and that was notorious for being smaller than most 3.0s.

Maybe that pointed toe that folks are reporting could be the culprit to the 'tighter' feel.
You may be right. I just tried them in again and it may just feel tighter as opposed to smaller. Either way, need to .5 size up

Don't disagree, just find it odd/hard to believe Adidas or any corporate entity for that matter would incur an increase in production expenses while not passing on that cost to the consumer.

My understanding is that the difference in cost is not that significant. The changes made to the UB upper have to do with performance more than anything else.

was about to say the same thing.

I find it hard to believe Adidas would create a more 'expensive' product and produce it at quintuple (conservative arbitrary number) the rate and still charge $180. this is also barring the fact that they are using continental soles instead of nubs. (unless they have always been using continental rubber but just didn't market it)

I need to see on feet.  Something looks off to me.  I wonder if black boost and a white outsole would look better.

I'm on the fence for these
ohwell.gif
said it before and ill say it again, you guys arent going to like that window screen mesh inperson lol im hoping its a white knit under neath and not what they did with these. they werent horrible but the upper had no cloth materrial and you could basically see your foot through it

Last edited:

said it before and ill say it again, you guys arent going to like that window screen mesh inperson lol im hoping its a white knit under neath and not what they did with these. they werent horrible but the upper had no cloth materrial and you could basically see your foot through it
If they look cheap then it's a no go for me. The mesh does look really different on that pair compared to the other three models.

I'm probably going to stick with the triple blacks anyway.

I find it hard to believe Adidas would create a more 'expensive' product and produce it at quintuple (conservative arbitrary number) the rate and still charge $180. this is also barring the fact that they are using continental soles instead of nubs. (unless they have always been using continental rubber but just didn't market it)
Especially because they gladly upcharge $20 just for slapping "LTD" on the box.

Adidas did start charging more for UB more often after 1.0 came out though. The first LTDs still cost 180. It wasn't until the TB 1.0 that they charged 200 for 1.0 LTDs, based on the painted boost, and now it's not uncommon to see them charge that. If you want to use the argument that they wouldn't increase production cost and not pass that increased cost on to consumer, they have, the extra charge on LTDs offsets that.

The logic is there, y'all are just blinded by your love of the 1.0 
laugh.gif

But like I said, believe what you want.

Especially because they gladly upcharge $20 just for slapping "LTD" on the box.
Right but that didn't happen until after 1.0s (TB 1.0 excluded)

Back
Top Bottom