ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I am surprised they even knew what they were. Most employees are clueless. I wore my silver UBs to an Addidas store before and they thought they were samples because they had never seen them before.
laugh.gif
  Had a similar experience recently when I wore the WW to the Adidas outlet.  Dudes were stumped lol

not all employees that work at nike or adidas or any other sport store are sneakerheads and know every single color/collab of a shoe that came out. They tend to only know whats in their store.

I think most of us get the idea though.  As far as they'e concerned, Creams never dropped. Because one could assume it's possible they weren't a part of the UB wave when it did, or didn't follow as closely. 

I can be guilty of it as well sometimes (trying to be technically correct).  I have to divorce myself of the mentality that everyone is on top of this stuff IRL.  

Last edited:
not all employees that work at nike or adidas or any other sport store are sneakerheads and know every single color/collab of a shoe that came out. They tend to only know whats in their store.
Not everyone is into UBs. A good amount are there just for the paycheck.

less than 5 wears on my Wool Greys and I can see the Boost getting stained yellow/brownish. But it's just the bottom half of the Boost though and not the top half.

How do you guys keep it white? Don't think water+soap will do the trick forever
I have been using the method people were/are using on icey sole jordans and foams(using sole cleaner I have some left over "fabes sole" and then letting the shoe sit under a UV light).  So far it has worked pretty good at getting the yellow out.  Wish I had some before/after shots but I didnt think to take pictures.

Yeah and there are plenty of employees who could school you on Stan's, soccer cleats, etc.  Not knowing about the hypebeast stuff doesn't mean they're not knowledgeable about something.  Plus I'm sure their average customer is not coming in to drop $180 on UBs anyway.

Last edited:
Any kind soul here willing to help me purchase the ub white. I'm staying in Singapore with a us forwarder address but cannot seem to checkout somehow. Do PM me

I have been using the method people were/are using on icey sole jordans and foams(using sole cleaner I have some left over "fabes sole" and then letting the shoe sit under a UV light).  So far it has worked pretty good at getting the yellow out.  Wish I had some before/after shots but I didnt think to take pictures.
I didn't think that method would work at all since it's just known to work on rubber soles... I saw someone else on facebook today doing the same method and he got rid of the yellowing on one of his pairs. 

Yeah and I'm sure there are plenty of employees who could school you on Stan's, soccer cleats, etc.  Not knowing about the hypebeast stuff doesn't mean they're not knowledgeable about something.  Plus I'm sure their average customer is not coming in to drop $180 on UBs anyway.
yup. Every Adidas convert I've spoken to are all about the NMDs. They always say they wanna try an UB but they are so used to the $150 FNR retail price, they don't see a justification to drop $30.

Plus in my area, they aint all about the ripped skinny jeans and long slim tees. There's still some thuggery left up here. People do still wear Larges and up.

Yeah and there are plenty of employees who could school you on Stan's, soccer cleats, etc.  Not knowing about the hypebeast stuff doesn't mean they're not knowledgeable about something.  Plus I'm sure their average customer is not coming in to drop $180 on UBs anyway.

1000%

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck1005  

Originally Posted by balmainish  

I didn't think that method would work at all since it's just known to work on rubber soles... I saw someone else on facebook today doing the same method and he got rid of the yellowing on one of his pairs. 
hmmm i'm going to give this a shot on my beat OG's.

It has been working so far for me, used it on my core blacks since i wear them all the time, I ve done it maybe 4 times and the yellow is almost gone.  I let it sit under the light for a little over an hour each time I do it, and they look better each time I do it.  Im hoping maybe two more sessions they will be basically stock white.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom