ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Resale business: they're Friends & Family, but still want to make some money from/off you.

No honor or loyalty these days...

I wouldn't expect you to like Naked/KITH/CNY if you like RC/TB a lot. Those two groups are on the other side of the color spectrum of loud CWs vs Subtle.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with loud shoes (multicolor flyknits, Pharrell HU NMD's) but the style or color blocking of CNY didn't catch me, the KITH would've been more attractive to me in that color/material if it came in ultraboost 1.0 platform and the mint color of the Nakeds just doesn't appeal to me and it does, in my own opinion for what I would wear, just seems girly. Not to offend anyone that likes them but we all have preference and our own taste. Again, these are just my own personal opinion about them.

Glad for those getting the pairs the chase after. As for me, I'm glad I have no interest in the Nakeds (too girly imo), KITH (Nice but I can sleep without it) and CNY didn't catch my interest from the beginning just like CNY 1.0. Last hyped shoes I bought in to are Reigning Champs and Triple Black UB's which I both like a lot. All this equates for a lot of money saved :smokin
exact same situe for me

first time i've seen tumblr as a requirement for a raffle lol
Got only 3 pairs for raffle... Just trying to gain follows. 
roll.gif

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with loud shoes (multicolor flyknits, Pharrell HU NMD's) but the style or color blocking of CNY didn't catch me, the KITH would've been more attractive to me in that color/material if it came in ultraboost 1.0 platform and the mint color of the Nakeds just doesn't appeal to me and it does, in my own opinion for what I would wear, just seems girly. Not to offend anyone that likes them but we all have preference and our own taste. Again, these are just my own personal opinion about them.
I think only the sensitive of folk would be offended by an honest opinion on personal preference.

All the recent collabs have been great and refreshing compared to the rehash of 1.0/2.0/3.0 CWs.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Was in Soho today and walked by the Adidas store around 10. Saw a line. Waited on it for the CNY and was one of last to get a pair. They had 7.5 and 10. I took 10.

I am a size 11.5 / 12 in UB. I want to keep these, I'm not a reseller. Anyone out there willing to make a trade of their 11.5 or 12 CNY 3.0 for my size 10?

Thank you.

By the way, spoke to the manager, only a few hundred of these were made worldwide. So strange, don't even think they look all that great, but scarcity value is scarcity value. Before this ultra boost hype I would've thought these looked like any other funky colored runner that was a dime a dozen a few years ago.

I saw first hand the whole "reseller" culture. You had people in front of line hiring homeless people to get multiple pairs. You had people with multiple bags and talking about how they need to walk to Kith to pick up their linens. I knew this sneaker head culture was big, I read this board from time to time, but wow, there are people that are making a living doing this, or at least they claim to. It's fine when whole collecting obsession is mostly confined to a "community" but there were so many reseller type folks in front that were only there to make a buck. Kudos to the manager of the store- she was actually taking pictures every few minutes and checking the line and if there were people there not in her pic, she either kicked them out or reordered the line for cuts.

What I found funny is that many of the folks on line were wearing their rarest and best sneakers- it's like the pageantry of waiting in line makes them want to show off to other fellow Sneakerheads.

Please let me know if interested in a trade. Thanks.

Nice pick up. Honestly 11.5 12 are the rarest for that colorway, because in asia I don't think there were much if any over size 11, you're prob not going to be able to find a trade. sorry

Anyone ever had a problem buying from eBay seller that only has stock photos for old releases? Seems odd to me but everything else checks out. Normally would pass but its a good deal. Thanks for any help.

Just got my RFs in. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. I was excited as hell for them but after opening the box it was just a feeling of meh. Might sit these on ice for a while and see if one day that feeling changes. If not, by that point resell will be huge so I'll get something I really want with the money.

Back
Top Bottom