Adidas Donovan Mitchell Signature Shoes Thread- The D.O.N. Issue 2 already

I wonder if Mitchell is a fan of the Kobe 6...

20210210_004454.jpg

20210210_004529.jpg

A little too little, too late adidas 🙄
Venom 2s 05/22

Attachments

• 7C7299B1-36C6-4E51-8926-B325DEEFCB28.jpeg
    7C7299B1-36C6-4E51-8926-B325DEEFCB28.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 81
Thought I’d share my collection.

Donovan Mitchell is the first Jazz player to have a signature shoe since Karl Malone (his were LA Gear), so I was really excited as a big Jazz fan.

I loved the Issue 1 and the Spider-Man tie-ins, the first four colorways were awesome. My favorite pair is the throwback purple mountain 1s.

I have a signed pair of the original Spider-Mans. Will the midsole on these eventually crumble like Jordans do? A little concerned since the autograph is on the midsole.

Didn’t like the fit of the Issue 2s, so I just kept the original colorway and the Jazz colorway (both under retail). Plan to grab the original colorway and the Jazz colorway of the Issue 3s and beyond.

4577D0F7-75BF-4C95-9792-98D14C06F499.jpeg

528B411A-9D43-49F7-9114-657128DFBCAA.jpeg

Issue 3s are looking good.

Last edited:
Thought I’d share my collection.

Donovan Mitchell is the first Jazz player to have a signature shoe since Karl Malone (his were LA Gear), so I was really excited as a big Jazz fan.

I loved the Issue 1 and the Spider-Man tie-ins, the first four colorways were awesome. My favorite pair is the throwback purple mountain 1s.

I have a signed pair of the original Spider-Mans. Will the midsole on these eventually crumble like Jordans do? A little concerned since the autograph is on the midsole.

Didn’t like the fit of the Issue 2s, so I just kept the original colorway and the Jazz colorway (both under retail). Plan to grab the original colorway and the Jazz colorway of the Issue 3s and beyond.

4577D0F7-75BF-4C95-9792-98D14C06F499.jpeg

528B411A-9D43-49F7-9114-657128DFBCAA.jpeg

Issue 3s are looking good.

Really nice fan collection. I have some Issue 1s and 2s but I really don't like how either pair fits. Several Adidas shoes have had that kind of strange build lately. Doesn’t work too well for me unfortunately. Probably out on Don's in the future. Designs are just ok imo. Price point is incredible though for sure.

I just don't understand why Adidas does things the way they do nowadays. They mass drop like 10 colorways in 1 day and there ends up being like 30 colorways that are all pretty monochrome for the most part. Just lack of effort to me. Leads to no excitement or hype.

The 3 has that midsole piece that reminds me of one of the Adidas Kobes though. That might sway me into 1 pair lol.

In what terms? Upgrade in materials or cushioning?

JS”
both. although bounce is good enough as a cushion but something better would be nice. material upgrade is definitely a must. it's typical for the Adidas shoes that I bought that they always tear up in the heel section of the shoe (fabric and the foam start disintegrating for less than a year of use).

Gotcha. Seems as if Mitchell slots in as the cheapest sig. without bumping the price I don’t see it happening; that being said, if Donovan continues and maintains this level they’ll bump him up. With Trae’s signature looking to have both Boost (heel) and lightstrike in the forefoot, I don’t see Mitchell getting a bump in material / cushioning. Seems like it will go:
1. Harden
2. Trae
3. Dame
4. Don
(Dame and Trae could swap once we get more info regarding materials, cushioning, tech etc)

JS”

Last edited:
Got early access but I’ll wait until sizing information comes out…

Code July still works and applies to these

They look like they run narrow if not long too.
IMG_20210707_074338.jpg

Last edited:
Fit like the dame 7/don 2, maybe a little wider than the DON2 but not much. Forefoot doesn’t feel as constricting from the midsole wrap. Feel overall is very similar to the 2.

Would you say true to size or maybe go up half a sz? I hate having my toes jam into the front when I make a sudden stop or sharp cut (happens when I wear stuff that’s a bit tight, going up half a sz allows for a bit more room). I wear a sz 11 in most Nike bball shoes but recently I’ve had to start buying a sz 11.5 because they have narrow toes or shallow toes and my big toe rubs the top. Seems like Nike bball been running small for a few years now. I know my foot ain’t growing lol

I have no experience wearing adidas bball sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom