Adidas NMD thread

not even mad

just weird how people post things as factual without even doing 10 seconds of research in the thread first

whether or not someone "articlated" (btw it's spelled articulated) makes no difference. I'm still right.
Ok Dwight. Thanks for the typo lesson.

It's there, just really faint. Almost the same color so can be hard to see in certain pics.
. Thanks man, yeah I see it now.

Ok Dwight. Thanks for the typo lesson.

. Thanks man, yeah I see it now.
it's a spelling lesson, but you're welcome. I'm sure it'll come in handy next time you attempt to use the word. 
happy.gif

Champs on feet and up close look: 

PS. The material is ridiculously rough but it looks insane. Not gonna be touching my shoes but still.

Last edited:
Those greys with purple blocks are pretty horrible IMO, they remind me of all those knock off turtle doves I've seen in Asia.

Loving this Stormtrooper nickname gaining steam for the triple white XR1. Definitely played a part in me deciding to cop.
red camera company a couple weeks ago released a limited all white 8k camera and it was dubbed stormtrooper upon release

interesting coincidence or just a display of how uncreative most people are? lol 

I'll take a 5.5 in the XR1 vintage white if no one wants theirs. C:

Finders fee and a future alleyoop guarenteed!

red camera company a couple weeks ago released a limited all white 8k camera and it was dubbed stormtrooper upon release

interesting coincidence or just a display of how uncreative most people are? lol 

Lol probably both. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and their all white uniforms were also dubbed Stormtroopers. There just aren't many badass characters in all white, and the presence of plastic shells (like this shoe has, the Dolphins helmet, that cameras exterior) seems to lend itself toward that comparison.

Love NMDs and love Stormtroopers so this was worth the grab.

Does Nordstrom oversell often? Trying to secure a pair of NMDs for my uncle so I'm hoping that I'm set with a confirmation from them instead of missing out tomorrow.

Thanks, the pinstripe ones look wack in person?  Looks like white it is for me.
The texture is interesting because the lines feel elevated but I'm just not the pinstripe guy. If I were to jump on any pinstripe it would be the black joints. The white XR1s are pretty dope though. I posted a picture of those a page back. 

BTW: Cats were still lined up outside for the raffle an hour before closing. The Adidas hype is ridiculous. 

Last edited:

The texture is interesting because the lines feel elevated but I'm just not the pinstripe guy. If I were to jump on any pinstripe it would be the black joints. The white XR1s are pretty dope though. I posted a picture of those a page back. 

BTW: Cats were still lined up outside for the raffle an hour before closing. The Adidas hype is ridiculous. 
Repped for info, did it actually feel like prime knit and what about sizing?  I'm thinking of going TTS because of the cage, instead of half size down like I usually do on PK NMD.  Some spots are releasing the black pinstripe ones tomorrow.  I just don't see them on ADC.

Repped for info, did it actually feel like prime knit and what about sizing?  I'm thinking of going TTS because of the cage, instead of half size down like I usually do on PK NMD.  Some spots are releasing the black pinstripe ones tomorrow.  I just don't see them on ADC.
If you're asking about the XR1s: Yes, but it wasn't particularly soft and there's also a textured pattern there that makes it feel slightly different from prior, more expensive PK NMDs. The Pinstripes don't feel like PK to me, I was surprised to see them marketed as such. I'm sure they are but they feel distinctly different to me. Didn't try either on so I can't speak on sizing. 

On the Blue vs White XR1 decision, Shutter, it was actually a pic you posted a while back that first made me dig my head out of the sand and take notice of the stormtrooper Nmd. You said something like "good lord the cleanliness" and posted this pic:

View media item 2136566
The cage on these XR1s is so extreme, that colorways that tone it down and make it more a part of the shoe seem to be what most are favoring (and folks like sneakernews are hyping). The triple whites and September all black colorways help it blend in. The blue and some of the others feature it by making it black and stand out. They are two very different looks, so you can tell Adidas is still figuring out what works best.

On the pinstripe vs glitch look, I personally like both on this model...but again it just seems to gel better when integrated in a subtle way into the color.

All in all its completely your personal preference, but that's my two cents.

Not a fan of the City Socks but i'm a huge fan of gum soles. Hopefully they start using them more on the R1s

Back
Top Bottom