Adidas NMD thread

Yeah, I cooked a sz 11. Line was cooked at 2:30 AM. One random dude came at 8:30 AM and got stuck with the final pair (sz 13). Line was 40+ deep by opening though. Undefeated SF only got 10 pairs in total. No sz 11.5 or 12 at all.
I put in a bid on GOAT too. A seller accepted my $280 bid for a sz 11.5 this morning. Haven't tried on the sz 11 yet so I can't comment on it yet. I likely need a sz 11.5 or 12 though.

Congrats, dude. Enjoy.
Know you put in some serious work on getting these.
View media item 2380252

Honestly for that particular model it may be the WM name itself. It's not necessarily a company that has the super hyped releases of a Bape or well-known consortium like Nice Kicks (at least internationally).
When the WM R2s, the WM trails and the WM city socks pics leaked last summer I really liked the look of all of them and thought they would be impossible to cop. Then I noticed people around me saying "Cool shoes...who the heck is "White Mountaineering?" And realized the hype may be subdued.
As another poster said, lack of hype is your ally sometimes. I got the WM navy trails for retail and they get more compliments than the shoes I have 10x their value.
Edit: Also forgot to add the R2 has yet to really break out amongst Sneakerheads yet. There's a handful of things at play it seems.

Went w/the City Sock out of first pack for White Mountaineering last year and was initially looking forward to this year's release. But that back third white on the red/blue was too clown. Price point didn't help either. Black R2 would have been a decent pickup from UK for the low. Still passed. Maybe next batch.
Do remember WM restocked a couple times, so those looking for UA&S may still luck out. Think all WM eventually trend down. UA&S might follow.

I don't understand how hype works. The WM NMD R2s are possibly the best NMDs that have come out but people dismiss them because they have no resell value? Then again most of the people that create hype are in it to just sell for profit so I guess I've just answered my own question
Sigh....Yep...Sucks...so is life! Everybody trying to make $10-$40 a shoe...sad.

I just want a pair of the tan PK nmd and I hope resale ain't too bad on those like the gum bottoms.

Went w/the City Sock out of first pack for White Mountaineering last year and was initially looking forward to this year's release. But that back third white on the red/blue was too clown. Price point didn't help either.

It's funny you mention the white back third because I had the exact same reaction to some photos that were posted here and on various sites. It looked like WAY too much white or something that wasn't visible in the angle of the initial leaked pics. Then I saw them in person and oddly enough it wasn't the case at all. The blue red and white all complimented each other and the materials were top notch and unlike the other NMDs I've seen. I went from "let me make fun of these trail shoes" to "must cop".

When I was a kid I used to see all of these Ralph Lauren Polo ads and they all had this navy blue, red and white motif (Tommy Hilfiger did the same thing later). The navy WM trail reminded me of that.

I really liked the WM city sock as well but the scuba-like material bound my toes too much to wear. I sold them and used the $ for a DS pair of Blue Camo NMDs. No regrets.

This thread jumped a lot since last time I was here, what's going on ?

Hey brother Des: Reason for the jump is the United Arrows and Son x Adidas NMD City Sock drop day plus OG restock. Each consortium got like 15 pairs of the City Sock across all sizes (CRAZY limited) and ADC was completely non-functional today, so a lot of craziness the past 24 hours.

When I was a kid I used to see all of these Ralph Lauren Polo ads and they all had this navy blue, red and white motif (Tommy Hilfiger did the same thing later). The navy WM trail reminded me of that.
No regrets.

Laughed so hard.
You were the young kid looking at those ads.
I was older and actually wore all that (Polo, Hilfiger, Nautica) back in the day. Sure some still in storage closet.
Good times. No regrets.

Not gonna lie, kinda want that UA track suit more than the shoes. Love the details.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom