Adidas NMD thread

The general consensus during this small window from those that saw and chose to comment, seems to be they prefer to go a half size down from their true size in the PK because it is such a wide sneaker. I'm sorry if you feel the need to personally attack my knowledge of a sneaker that I own. Also, what I do or do not know changes nothing about the size of a certain sneaker.

Never personally attacked you there, calm down.

When I say general consensus, I mean across the entire thread since the time PK NMDs started releasing up until now, not even sure what insignificant window you're talking about.

I think what you do & don't know has a lot to do with how YOU claim a shoe fits if you're trying to give advice.

I'm not saying you're wearing the wrong size, but it's highly likely you don't actually know your "TTS" considering I remember you saying you size up .5 on UBs and still find them tight enough to consider removing the insole. That's something that definitely goes against the majority of people's sizing experiences with UBs.

It's fine if PK NMDs are "TTS" for you, just like I said earlier, it might be more helpful if you added some context when offering sizing information that goes against the consensus.

Just to play devil's advocate here, you mentioned a while back that you had to go half size up (from what you perceive to be your TTS) on UBs and even had to take out the insole because they were really snug. Do you think its possible that maybe sizing up was your TTS, and the reality is that the size of the NMD you have is half size down. Consensus says that UB are TTS while NMD are .5 size down for most. Even footlocker/champs/eastbay recommends sizing down on pk pairs when they have them for sale. 
Hmm are you referring to me? I don't take the insoles out of any of my sneakers. I did try it once on a pair of UB (the OG whites first wear) just because they felt a bit tighter than my other two pairs did on the sides. But after a few wears they broke in and they now feel great.  

A lot of people including myself do go a half size up from their foot's true size in UB because they are so narrow. If I had a more narrow foot, I could then wear my foot's true size in UB. It's a reverse situation with the PK NMD for folks because instead of being quite narrow, its insanely wide. This affords a lot more space on the sides than anyone is used to, and it can make them feel like the shoe is a bit big. Also most people don't know their foot's true size in this thread obviously, or even what the term means. Appreciate you playing the devil's advocate. Your memory is pretty good!

That should answer dayglo's last post as well. Have a good evening all.

Last edited:
I've gotten my foot measured in a Brannock Device, which goes by the length (and also the width) of your foot like that guy says. I can say my 3 PK NMDs are comfortably .5 down from my true size.

If it helps...

I wear PK NMD 8.5, Mesh NMD 9 (My TTS), and UB 9.5 and they all fit great to me.

also 8.5 tubular runner and Dooms

End of the day, it's pretty difficult to say what's what with different individual feet size and fit preference as factors.

^the above sizing seems pretty much the general way.
I have a pretty wide foot and if I went TTS in PK NMDs, let's just say it'd not be pretty lol.

But def can do TTS for the CS though.
Blame Adidas weak sizing for these issues lol.

Like I said don't ask how they fit!

Find out on your own

People in here wearing they shoes anyway possible to get them on feet!
Don't trust NT sizing info posts

Homeboy @TheShoeWizard probably believes this too:
Ahh... here it go 
laugh.gif

2 choices for PK NMD (with a bit of context)

1) If you potentially want to run in your PK NMD's; go .5 to 1.0 down or your feet may have too much room and WILL slide around a bit....  

2) If you want the flexibility to enjoy super thin and/or thick socks and just plan on walking and general use, you can go TTS and you'll be fine.  

That's the easiest way I can explain how PK NMD's fit. You absolutely want to avoid sizing up at all.

Last edited:
I usually wear size 9 Nikes but my brannock size is between 8 and 8.5 for length.  I have a wide foot.  I don't own many pairs of dress shoes but they are all 8s and have wiggle room in the toe.  I have 2 pairs of Timberlands (1 work boot, 1 casual chukka) and they are both 8s (work boots are 8 2E) and definitely not snug-fitting.

My black monochrome PK NMDs are 8.5 and fit pretty much perfectly lengthwise with socks on. 1/4" or less space in the toe.  I think there is some credence to saying PK NMDs are "TTS" but most people don't actually know their true/brannock size.  I don't think using TTS +/- is an effective way of communicating how a shoe fits because of this.  Comparisons with other shoes are much more effective.  I wear size 9 UBs, but could probably swing a size 8.5 if they weren't as narrow.

Seems like most people use their Nike/Jordan size as their "TTS" when in fact Nike shoes tend to run really small.

2 choices for PK NMD (with a bit of context)

1) If you potentially want to run in your PK NMD's; go .5 to 1.0 down or your feet may have too much room and WILL slide around a bit....  

2) If you want the flexibility to enjoy super thin and/or thick socks and just plan on walking and general use, you can go TTS and you'll be fine.  

That's the easiest way I can explain how PK NMD's fit. You absolutely want to avoid sizing up at all.

This is true for me. I'm a 14 in most shoes. Tried both a 13.5 and a 14 in PK and while 14 length wise was a hair big, width wise it was better. I also wear mine with the no show socks.

Plus it's just money to have a stack of shoeboxes with the same number on them.

That said good lawd I am excited for this board to talk about something else. I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about the XR1. At this point I'm pretty convinced it's a gross design but certain colorways help sell it. The pinstripe and glitch particularly. What say you?

Alright so got in my White Mesh NMDs and they ain't bad  for an entry level Boost. They are way better than most shoes comfort-wise at the price range but no where comparable to UBs/PK NMDs.

Below is my comprehensive list of from Most comfortable to Least. Not saying NMD Mesh aren't comfortable but comparing all Boost to each other:

From most comfortable to least:

UB - NMD PK - EQT Boost - Pureboost ZG Prime - Pureboost ZG Mesh - Energy Boost - NMD Circle Knit - NMD Mesh

From comparing each shoe on, it seems that whatever mimics the UB boost in shape is the most comfortable. The PK on the NMD is like wearing a 2nd sock which is way I ranked it so high but the EQT and Pureboost are way more stable.

The lower tier boost are there as they should be but the higher tier blow them outta the water.

you honestly can't go wrong with any of the recent boost that have been coming out. Just know that UB still reigns supreme. So well worth the $180 if you want to pay to play.

Sizes:

UB: .5 up - TTS

NMD PK: 1 sz down UB - .5sz down TTS

EQT Boost: .5 sz down UB

Pureboost ZG Prime: Same as UB - could get away with .5sz down

Pureboost ZG Mesh: Same as UB. Wouldn't suggest going anywhere else

Energy Boost: Same as UB. Wouldn't suggest going anywhere else

NMD Circle Knit: .5 sz down (I went 1 full size down UB. A little tight but rather have it snug than slightly loose)

NMD Mesh: Same as UB. Wouldn't suggest going anywhere else

Will probably post this again in the Ultraboost thread once the Cream discussion is settled down.

Back
Top Bottom