Adidas NMD thread

When I got the OG-colored NMD chukkas I wasn't sure how they were going to look.  Tried them on and LOVED them as much as any of the other NMDs I had (and at this point I have quite a few).  I'm not one of those guys who does the metrosexual pants-rolling-up at the ankles thing, and to answer your question I think the pant leg-down look works best with them.  Have worn them with jeans and black pants and each time have had multiple say the chukkas look better in person than in photos (or maybe it's just the person modelling them 
tongue.gif
)
Yeah, to make them work you have to think of them as boots, not sneakers.  Most people don't go around wearing boots with shorts unless they're hiking somewhere. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

When I got the OG-colored NMD chukkas I wasn't sure how they were going to look.  Tried them on and LOVED them as much as any of the other NMDs I had (and at this point I have quite a few).  I'm not one of those guys who does the metrosexual pants-rolling-up at the ankles thing, and to answer your question I think the pant leg-down look works best with them.  Have worn them with jeans and black pants and each time have had multiple say the chukkas look better in person than in photos (or maybe it's just the person modelling them 
tongue.gif
)

Not me in the pic, but an example of what I'm talking about:
Repped, all I've seen are pictures of pin-rolled jeans and joggers, the mid-top height makes it look kinda goofy. Much better in your pic, with a normal hem, looks like the OG NMDs.

His screen shot is real. Congrats @airjordankix
 :wow:  

Haha. Ok. I understand the skepticism. Just joined because I wanted to share with the sneaker community and see if I could find out additional info. I was surprised I won too. I'll post pics for sure when they arrive to prove I'm not lying.

And yes the screen shot IS real and my confirmation. Thanks for backing me up @solecali

Thanks to the others for your response too.

nah, Adidas didnt send out a text that began with YO.

Repped, all I've seen are pictures of pin-rolled jeans and joggers, the mid-top height makes it look kinda goofy. Much better in your pic, with a normal hem, looks like the OG NMDs.
Absolutely.  A lot of the pics on the internet that have the ankles exposed are trying to show off the shoes so you get a clean look at them, but as a result don't represent the way they are supposed to be worn.  If it weren't for the triangle shoelace thingies, they would look EXACTLY like the OGs with jeans.  I actually think that's why Adidas modified those (but that's just my own crazy conspiracy theory).

One other advantage to the Chukkas: Their shape works well in a more corporate work setting.  I've worn the R1s to work and it couldn't be more obvious I'm dressing down with a pair of sneakers, but the Chukkas look like a work shoe that happens to have the red and blue details on them.  Obviously I've just aged myself and probably made them uncool to the teens on the board, but to you people who want to look stylish at work they're worth the $.

Haha. Ok. I understand the skepticism. Just joined because I wanted to share with the sneaker community and see if I could find out additional info. I was surprised I won too. I'll post pics for sure when they arrive to prove I'm not lying.

And yes the screen shot IS real and my confirmation. Thanks for backing me up @solecali

Thanks to the others for your response too.
You can believe what you want. I got the same message so I know it's legit.
If true, congrats guys!

You can believe what you want. I got the same message so I know it's legit.

i mean, it is VERY hard to believe on the internet that THAT is going to be how adidas addresses is (I just dont think theyd start with Yo, like its a random homie) but if you guys hit, congrats. if not, you're just annoying :lol:

Last edited:
It is legit. Just saw a dude I know won too and saw his response and it's the same as the one this guy on NT posted. It is legit. Congrats dude!

i mean, it is VERY hard to believe on the internet that THAT is going to be how adidas addresses is (I just dont think theyd start with Yo, like its a random homie) but if you guys hit, congrats. if not, you're just annoying
laugh.gif
Yeah, I was thinking for something like this they would at least call.

Yeah, multiple people have received that same message that starts with "YO".

I'm just here staring at my empty phone and racing heartbeat everytime I get a text. 

If they were going to dye the bottom boost on ANY model, why didn't they do it on these Pitch Blacks. 

If they were going to dye the bottom boost on ANY model, why didn't they do it on these Pitch Blacks. 
I wonder if it has any effect on the outsole sticking to the boost or its just time consuming...  I mean they've had a trial run with eh TB UBs.  

I wonder if it has any effect on the outsole sticking to the boost or its just time consuming...  I mean they've had a trial run with eh TB UBs.  
Bet it would interrupt their manufacturing process. In order to pull all of those soles out to dye then place back into the line? I bet they figured it wouldn't be worth it considering the small percentage of colored boost vs normal white boost.

You can paint the outside of the midsole without breaking the process, with the shoe fully assembled.

Last edited:
Adidas knows what theyre doing. Launch a friends and family primeknit NMD and build their snapchat follower count like crazy. when people are salty that they lost, they expect them to go out and buy the poor man's consolation prize, which in this case is the mesh blackout NMDs.

they need to use a better mesh on the non PK NMDs. I didnt think it made that much of a difference but it does. the mesh is stiff and doesn't have nearly as much flexibility as primeknit.

Bet it would interrupt their manufacturing process. In order to pull all of those soles out to dye then place back into the line? I bet they figured it wouldn't be worth it considering the small percentage of colored boost vs normal white boost.

You can paint the outside of the midsole without breaking the process, with the shoe fully assembled.
Yes but you would think that the midsole gets painted even before the uppers and the outsole.

Back
Top Bottom