Adidas ORIGINALS updates

I have to say that I'm not a fan of Packer Shoes reinterpreting OG colorways of other shoes onto the hot shoe of the moment. They first did it with their 30th anniversary version of the Reebok leather classic (using the colors of the Reebok Aztec), and they've done it twice with the EQT Support (the first time using the Micropacer as an inspiration, and this time with the SL80).

Pics for reference

If you're going to release a project that you want people to call your own, shouldn't you be a little more creative than copying and pasting CWs?

AND?

Some color schemes work. There are no NEW colorways under the sun... Its ALL been done before.

Those packers are executed perfectly, from the buttery soft baby blue they added, to the gold crinkly heeltab and tonguepatch. WINNER.

So many colorways of the EQT running support but so few colorways for the EQT running guidance... C'mon Adidas
Hanon has a bunch of colorways on sale. I copped white/black/grey/red last week for like $70 + $25 shipping (frowny face)... Beats the $130 here in the US and my size (7.5) is super hard to find...

I'm looking for this colorway here in a 10.5 it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth .Eqts easily top model of the year for me

Nah, not feeling the Cncpts Stan Smiths. It's a hard shoe to work with, cause if you do too much it ends up like that, but if you keep it simple people will say they look like GRs. As far as collabs so far I think my favorites are the Masterminds and the blue Pharrell's. Best when kept simple IMO.

I have to say that I'm not a fan of Packer Shoes reinterpreting OG colorways of other shoes onto the hot shoe of the moment. They first did it with their 30th anniversary version of the Reebok leather classic (using the colors of the Reebok Aztec), and they've done it twice with the EQT Support (the first time using the Micropacer as an inspiration, and this time with the SL80).

Pics for reference

If you're going to release a project that you want people to call your own, shouldn't you be a little more creative than copying and pasting CWs?

adidas does the same thing - I imagine other companies do too. I'd rather have these than the new colorways for zx negative pack - and judging by the huge discounts 2 weeks after release EVERYBODY else felt the same. The SL 80 EQT & Micropacer EQT are miles better than the white pack & the Kith gold toes.

The SL72 colorway of the SL Loop was by far the best I've seen - and impossible to get. If the Packer releases makes more people in North America aware of & interested in Micropacer or other less popular models, then I'm all for it. It can only lead to us getting better releases.

Besides, it's not just Packer collabs - the Mita EQT colorway on the zx 8000? Fire - I bought a pair of those even though I knew adidas already released an awfully similar version:
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneakers/Mita-Sneakers-X-Adidas-Zx-8000-eqt/
http://hypebeast.com/2009/12/adidas...10-springsummer-collection-torsion-sp-zx-8000

Solebox Aegis w/ EQT was the best colorway I saw & should have been a general release:
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneakers/Adidas-Eqt-X-Solebox/

I can't wait for the current cycle of performance shoes in red, neon red, electric yellow, or dingy neon slime to end. I'm tired of seeing HUNDREDS of pairs or neon red, electric yellow/black, and black/electric yellow sitting in outlets for months. They need to do something different - like some accent colors other than red & yellow or maybe just release some women's colors in men's sizing. An SL 72, SL 80, APS, Trimm Trabb, whatever colorway on the boost line would be more than welcome. Maybe they can update the EQT/ZX lines for performance use like how the did the zx 8000 sp a while back.

By this logic everybody should quit the dollar bill print, because it's already been done. I passed on it with the Forums. I passed on it with the JS WIngs (and every other JS release). I passed on that nonsense again when it came out on the SL Loops.

...but somebody must be buying them so to each his own.

Couldn't agree more with the above neon is truly played out on performance sneaks for anything other than a colour pop what's wrong with black with white stripes or white with black stripes it really isn't getting old. The original eqt line really showed what you could do everything you need and nothing you don't it was fire 90 to 94 nothing was touching it. Adidas could do a lot worse than throwing some of those colours on some of the performance line.

Back
Top Bottom