Adidas TUBULAR Thread

overkill restocked Special Forces, shipped.. waiting on 2nd.. if it ships i'll have a 12.5 for retail plus ship for someone if needed

Here's a pic I posted on IG today. It's of the original gray Doom's, but I think you'll agree the pic is nice. These shoes are so sick, and quite comfortable after a few wears.

View media item 1960019

How's the sizing? I've read so many conflicting reports, from TTS to a full size down. Trying to get my hands on the black Doom PKs but I won't have the chance to try them on so I want to get it right the first time.

How's the sizing? I've read so many conflicting reports, from TTS to a full size down. Trying to get my hands on the black Doom PKs but I won't have the chance to try them on so I want to get it right the first time.

The sizing is weird to me. Its like this my first pair of dooms were the Kith collabs. The site said they run .5 big which is about right they fit pretty good. I liked that shoe so I then copped the black and Chinese New Year pair in a .5 dowm. The black pair does not fit as well as the Kith's, they are a little tight around the toe box area. The CNY's are a little bigger. I just bought my true size in the blacks we shall see if the fit is better. I don't want them to look like a baggy sock though.

Last edited:
I am unlike most people, in the fact that I can wear the same size in almost every model of Adidas. I have Tubular X's, Doom's, Stan Smith, UB, NMD's, all in 12.
For context, I usually wear a 12.5 or 13 in most things Nike, so Adidas runs consistently a little big for me, compared to Nike sizing, by about .5.
When I was getting into the Tubular X's I got my first pair in 12.5, and they are a little big, but not horrible to wear by any means. I have a few more pair, and also the Grey and Kith Doom's all in a a 12, and they fit great. Also, the PK material is very forgiving, and forms very well to your foot after a few wears.
Also,as you can see from the flexibility, the soles on the Doom's are much less hard and rigid than other Tubular Models, like the X, and much more comfortable. It's no Boost by any means, but I can easily wear these Doom's for many hours comfortably.

Me and my friend are both TTS 10's and the 9.5 in the Kith's fit me perfect whereas the 10 fits him perfect. Its weird cause he likes his J's in a 9.5 which means he shoudve liked the Kith's at a 9.5 but whatever.

Yeah I think it depends on our actual foot shape and construction. Along with our toes. There is a ton of variables which can lead to inconsistencies in our shoe sizes. Trying shoes on is almost impossible these days, now we gotta take risk.

Last edited:
Interesting to see that the Doom colorways have differences in sizing.  Can anyone with the SFs comment whether they are the same as other pears?  

Any interest in a special forces tubular size 12.5? Hoping for a size swap but will sell for 240 shipped. Europe shipping was unreal to USA. Pm if interested

Just received my pair from Sivas !

The colors are a bit darker than I thought they would be, but it still looks pretty good.

Sizing wise I went .5 down from my adidas sizing (1 full down from Nike) from the advice I got and I should have stayed with my standard adidas sizing.

If the toe box was fully primeknit I could see how sizing down would work but there is this sort of plastic (kind of like hyperfuse) wrapping around the toe area that is very hard.

Not unwearable and hopefully it will loosen up but I wish I stayed with my adidas sizing.

Oh no, I hope it's not the same plastic strap on the inside of the toe box like on the Tubular X Knit?! Because that thing was horrible and I went down 0.5 from the X Knit. [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji]
Just have received my shipping confirmation. [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]️

Last edited:
I'm selling my Adidas Tubular Dooms special forces US 9.5 230 shipped USPS paypal invoice. just DM me

Unfortunately there's no buying/selling in here guys. Place your shoes in your signature or the dedicated buy/sell thread.

I'm selling my Adidas Tubular Dooms special forces US 9.5 230 shipped USPS paypal invoice. just DM me

giphy.gif

Just received my pair from Sivas !
The colors are a bit darker than I thought they would be, but it still looks pretty good.
Sizing wise I went .5 down from my adidas sizing (1 full down from Nike) from the advice I got and I should have stayed with my standard adidas sizing.
If the toe box was fully primeknit I could see how sizing down would work but there is this sort of plastic (kind of like hyperfuse) wrapping around the toe area that is very hard.
Not unwearable and hopefully it will loosen up but I wish I stayed with my adidas sizing.

That is exactly what happened to me with the grey dooms and I don't want to live with them, I'd rather trade for my normal size 10.5

My advice is don't settle and start marking up the soles to devalue a trade up or selling them.

Back
Top Bottom