adidas won't renew NBA sponsorship

Could have been dope with this on it
e67331336059c521d86bbcad123f14fb.jpg

From Uni Watch last week:

When will Nike be unveiling their uniforms? My understanding (and I’m phrasing it that way because I haven’t 100% confirmed it, but I’ve heard it from more than one source so I’m about 98% sure that it’s true) is that Adidas is outfitting the NBA Summer League, which runs through mid-July. In other words, Adidas’s contract isn’t quite finished yet.

So when will the Nike unveiling take place? 

It’s not clear. Several different NBA teams have said that their new unis would be revealed “later this summer,” but I haven’t heard anything more specific than that.....I’ve made a lot of inquiries, but nobody’s talking.

I just want to know what non-design changes are coming, that rev-30 nonsense looked like trash since they introduced it in 2010-11.

that hornets jersey looks more like a 90's cut 'tank' than the 'sleeveless' joints we been seeing the past 10+ years

:nerd:

Are the Hornets even eligible to get new jerseys already? Idk if those are samples for the throwback alternate jersey or what.

so EVERY single team will have a sponsor? was really hoping the knicks wouldnt succumb to this

I have a hard time with the Nike Logo being on the Players Jerseys During games, much less a stupid Advertisers Logo. The NBA makes enough money as it is, and to want to cheapen the on court look sucks because the Players are going to look goofy now. I know the producers of the Jerseys pay a lot of money and I understand Nike's logo being on there, but the only logo to me that should be on court is the NBA Logo, just like it was for the MLB hats. That New Era logo on the side of the hat kills me now, but it always has even on the hats we buy. MLB and NFL Uniforms never bothered me with the Majestic and Nike logos because they are tucked away on the sleeve on the sides, so they kind of went with the jersey.

Does a small Nike swoosh really take away from watching the game?
It's like the new era logo in the baseball hats now.

Lakers needed that Jordan Brand sponsorship [emoji]128546[/emoji]

No way. While I prefer neither on the top of the jersey, the Nike logo is sleek, and I prefer it on Jerseys as opposed to the big jumpman logo, which too me just looks weird and out of place.

Does a small Nike swoosh really take away from watching the game?
It's like the new era logo in the baseball hats now.

No, not at all. I understand why they need to be there, because of what they pay to produce the jerseys and hats. I would prefer them not be there, especially on court or on field but I understand. Now its the other sponsor logos that I have a problem with when the NBA is flowing with money. They just cheapen the look of a multi-billion dollar corporation, and its unnecessary.

At least it's a small patch on the shoulder. It must suck for soccer fans to see bimbo, siemens, giant chevrolet logos, etc in the middle of their teams' jerseys.

-Nike swoosh on authentics is garbage
-Sponsors are garbage

I'm sticking to Mitchell & Ness.

Last edited:
At least it's a small patch on the shoulder. It must suck for soccer fans to see bimbo, siemens, giant chevrolet logos, etc in the middle of their teams' jerseys.

Thats how it starts though. They "try" it out, only to start whoring the jerseys out with advertisements, and the players look like spam in your email. I know Im being negative, but dont cheapen your product if it is not necessary.

A doritos jersey would look better than the super basic crap okc wears now.

Not a fan of that font. Looks like what the hawks used when they had those navy jerseys.

Back
Top Bottom