Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

Pricing. IMO the collab has failed to deliver because of pricing. I love the designs, but everything is insanely expensive in an economically difficult time. If this collection dropped at reasonable prices, I think it all woulda sold out.

Pricing. IMO the collab has failed to deliver because of pricing. I love the designs, but everything is insanely expensive in an economically difficult time. If this collection dropped at reasonable prices, I think it all woulda sold out.

Pricing, design, how long it took for everything to come out, everything just sucked about this.

I don't think the price itself was that bad. It's retail prices are on par with the Wales Bonner collab prices and Y-3 sale prices. The sneakers are cheaper than comparable Nike FOG shoes.

I think they misstepped on who the market was going to be. It wasn't the mainline shoppers anticipating this collab; it was the Essentials shoppers.

I don't think the price itself was that bad. It's retail prices are on par with the Wales Bonner collab prices and Y-3 sale prices. The sneakers are cheaper than comparable Nike FOG shoes.

I think they misstepped on who the market was going to be. It wasn't the mainline shoppers anticipating this collab; it was the Essentials shoppers.
Essentials rots on shelves now too. I think that’s what you’re missing. That stuff is hitting half price too

Essentials rots on shelves now too. I think that’s what you’re missing. That stuff is hitting half price too
That goes more to my point though: price isn't the real issue if the audience who anticipated this collab and complained about the prices aren't even buying the offerings in their price point.

Pricing, design, how long it took for everything to come out, everything just sucked about this.

Personally I love the designs and would own every piece if they weren’t absurdly expensive.

I don't think the price itself was that bad. Its retail prices are on par with the Wales Bonner collab prices and Y-3 sale prices. The sneakers are cheaper than comparable Nike FOG shoes.

Pricing + what it is definitely the issue IMHO. You’re right that it’s essentials shoppers. And essentials shoppers are like 99% NOT FOG mainline shoppers. And they tried to bring people up closer to mainline and it just was not happening. $300 for hoodies in this economy is nuts. If you need to sell this stuff to masses, you can’t be selling at top ten or top five percentile prices.

Personally I love the designs and would own every piece if they weren’t absurdly expensive.

Pricing + what it is definitely the issue IMHO. You’re right that it’s essentials shoppers. And essentials shoppers are like 99% NOT FOG mainline shoppers. And they tried to bring people up closer to mainline and it just was not happening. $300 for hoodies in this economy is nuts. If you need to sell this stuff to masses, you can’t be selling at top ten or top five percentile prices.

Moreso he took 3 years and thats what he came out with.

My issue always was the designs. Nothing about it was new or fresh.

He took all those years to make a direct copy of his mainline/essentials stuff. Also, the shoes are a copy of his FOG mainline shoes mixed in with older Adidas Y3 or Tubular models.

It felt like he just copy/pasted.

i'm wondering what folks' expectations were cuz he basically did the same thing at nike (high tops and expensive sweats) and folks initially loved that and have slept on this.

I don't know why people were surprised by what he came out with. That's all him and all he's ever done so I don't know why people expected different.

To be honest, it's actually kind of impressive how he's made that style kind of 'his' as his particular style of sweats is instantly recognizable as his design.

Last edited:
That goes more to my point though: price isn't the real issue if the audience who anticipated this collab and complained about the prices aren't even buying the offerings in their price point.
I think it was a combination of underwhelming collabs on the shoes along with the Essentials consumer moving on to other stuff. There’s not much brand loyalty to essentials, and it being in retailers like Urban Outfitters killed any prestige the Essentials brand carried.

It rots on the shelf partly because the essentials line has had a lot of bad releases and has gotten away from its streetwear roots. Some of the stuff is just weird. I look at the drops and there’s really nothing I want. Weird designs, weird lettering, lackluster colors.

Back
Top Bottom