Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

that's mostly jerry's fault

Is it?

Announcing he was with Adidas three years prior to anything actually dropping?

and him being head of Adidas basketball.... sike

They were too much in a hurry to announce things before anything was ironed out.

It’s a really crap drop. They didn’t even post their own drop. Neither adidas. I see it online at a few stores. Not one youtube video so no one got them early.

Seriously your own company doesn’t post? Since June on top of that.

Is it?

Announcing he was with Adidas three years prior to anything actually dropping?

and him being head of Adidas basketball.... sike

They were too much in a hurry to announce things before anything was ironed out.
He wasn't head of basketball because he couldn't. there was already a talk about how him dropping shoes every month was not a jerry thing to do, so he did something different. even the nike guy that joined with him left the campaign because jerry didn't know how to handle an entire basketball department

He wasn't head of basketball because he couldn't. there was already a talk about how him dropping shoes every month was not a jerry thing to do, so he did something different. even the nike guy that joined with him left the campaign because jerry didn't know how to handle an entire basketball department

That's on Adidas

That's on Adidas

That was mainly jerry. he needed the time to work on his line, because he is someone who doesn't work in seasons like that
Screenshot 2024-08-03 160424.png

That was mainly jerry. he needed the time to work on his line, because he is someone who doesn't work in seasons like that
Screenshot 2024-08-03 160424.png

What?

How is that on Jerry and not Adidas when they hired him?

It's their responsibility for who they hire. You're supposed to go through this before reaching an agreement. What's your vision? Can we see some of your ideas? designs? Not rush things because Virgil was poppin and the Kanye relationship wasn't going well.

If someone lies on their resume, it's my fault if I didn't ask the right questions or properly vet them.

What?

How is that on Jerry and not Adidas when they hired him?

It's their responsibility for who they hire. You're supposed to go through this before reaching an agreement. What's your vision? Can we see some of your ideas? designs? Not rush things because Virgil was poppin and the Kanye relationship wasn't going well.

If someone lies on their resume, it's my fault if I didn't ask the right questions or properly vet them.
Because Jerry agreed with it and then regretted it in the end. Even if he lied on his resume, adidas was able to find a solution for both parties(basketball dept and something jerry had an original vision for) and ultimately, jerry failed on his part after catering to him, meanwhile adidas basketball is better than ever

Do y’all think it was timing, pricing, or designs that had the most impact on the failure of the line?

Probably announcing it in 2020 and not dropping until 2023. I think it was expectations being sky high coupled with lack of communication over the years and then a lack of marketing and hype once things actually started rolling. And then yeah, pricing. But I think that could have been mitigated if people knew what was up. People were buying 300 Yeezys so…clearly folks will spend the money when they want to.

Reading that article, we should all just skip the 1s and 2s, just wait for the best one which is the 3s.

They’re just too dang expensive. And they f’d up the sizing. If you get the right size they’re not bad (1 full size up), and I love the style. But it’s just out of touch with what’s popular right now. My guess is we get one more round (maybe two) of FOG ADIDAS (whatever’s in production) and then Jerry’s gone.

Adidas clearly stole fear of god likeness for their street line and then released his fear of god lines with same logos etc at higher prices. This is what they did to yeezy. Bled them for creativity and then dropped the ball on the collaboration line. Plus with fear of god essentials being over saturated on clearance prices and faked really makes no sense to do the collaboration. This could have been apart of the reasoning for adidas not paying for promotion of the release. Last release was overly hyped but consumers lost interest due to pricing on items

Spoiler, it wont. The masses arent into this aesthetic anymore. Again, Jerry was just too late bringing this stuff out. The FoG/Y3 aesthetic crowd is very niche .
Man missed his time by a 15-20 months could’ve built a huge following with the clothes if he was early and not on time with his release if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom