Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

Adidas dropping dude. He fudged it up heavy with them weakass releases. FoG mainline in general is mid too nowadays. All he wants to make are goddamn coats. He should def of went back to more streetwear looks. I could see Essentials sticking around for a min since hoodies, sweats and that will always be a thing. The only thing he has going for the brand really.

Do y’all think it was timing, pricing, or designs that had the most impact on the failure of the line?

If I were to order them:
Pricing - I know it's FOG and not Essentials, but Adidas' customer base is priced at Essentials level.
Designs - Same old ish. Nothing new except for the performance shoes which are meh.
Timing - Hyped it up like 3 years early. You announce a collab after having a successful solo run, you best not miss when it drops.

My take it was pricing and timing. I like his simplistic yet unique takes. I definitely would’ve bought more if the pricing wasn’t as high.
If I were to order them:
Pricing - I know it's FOG and not Essentials, but Adidas' customer base is priced at Essentials level.
Designs - Same old ish. Nothing new except for the performance shoes which are meh.
Timing - Hyped it up like 3 years early. You announce a collab after having a successful solo run, you best not miss when it drops.

as much i like the shoes, im not sure making them cheaper or having them release 3 years ago would have us talking about them as something monumental today. there might have been more initial hype if they released years ago but nothing ive seen from this line would warrant being mass produced to likes of yeezy or boost shoes. and i say this as someone who bought some of the stuff.

this line is a casualty of addias not knowing who they are post yeezy imo. they should have taken more risks which might mean not branding this as an athletics line.

Last edited:
as much i like the shoes, im not sure making them cheaper or having them release 3 years ago would have us talking about them as something monumental today. there might have been more initial hype if they released years ago but nothing ive seen from this line would warrant being mass produced to likes of yeezy or boost shoes. and i say this as someone who bought some of the stuff.

this line is a casualty of addias not knowing who they are post yeezy imo. they should have taken more risks which might mean not branding this as an athletics line.

Them releasing years ago when there was still Yeezy hype would absolutely of made a difference. Design wise they are mid, but alot of the talk is “oh we waiting all this time for THIS”. If it just released a little after he signed people woudnt have that notion.

Them releasing years ago when there was still Yeezy hype would absolutely of made a difference. Design wise they are mid, but alot of the talk is “oh we waiting all this time for THIS”. If it just released a little after he signed people woudnt have that notion.

there might have been more initial hype if they released years ago but nothing ive seen from this line would warrant being mass produced to likes of yeezy or boost shoes.

I think releasing them would have made a difference then and there but I don’t think what we got would be something worth get hyped over 3 years post release. Meaning that if they released 3 years ago, the basketballs wouldn’t be some coveted model today.

Do y’all think it was timing, pricing, or designs that had the most impact on the failure of the line?
It was all THREE imho. Took him 2.5-3 years to debut and then the price point was too high for things that were similar to essentials.
Sure, materials is one thing but why buy a mock neck for $300 when Essentials sells an identical one for a fraction of the price?
Who was this middle pillar supposed to cater/aim to? None of it was Athletic at all or could be used for real athletes; too baggy for your normal consumer/athlete.

Back
Top Bottom