ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct! No reason to be greedy. Just do what you feel is right and don't look back.
Yea ppl dont be greedy. Doesnt helping people out give you so much satisfaction? Everyone with multiple pairs should just resell at 10% above retail to account for shipping costs haha... pls? jp btw.. unless u really want to be philanthropic. 

I would really keep the gums unless you like the TBs better. Definitely ask for cash if you do though. Not an even trade imo.
i mean. it kinda is right now based on what im seeing.  im just worried if i do it now, and these somehow get back up to the 1800 range, then ill be pissed. i do like the tb better though 

You'd really be pissed that shoes that you don't want will be valued higher than shoes that you do want?

I thought the point was to get the shoes you like better and are more likely to wear.

You'd really be pissed that shoes that you don't want will be valued higher than shoes that you do want?

I thought the point was to get the shoes you like better and are more likely to wear.
You'd think that right? But most ppl love money... and only like shoes.

You'd think that right? But most ppl love money... and only like shoes.

I really thought people learned some lessons from the Jordan resell market. Resell value isn't real till you cash out so all these valuations mean nothing if interest drops and prices do along with it.

Just buy what you like and will actually wear. If you bought a pair just to trade or flip then do that and keep it moving.

man some sales on stockx and goat are shockingly low.   

[table][TR]
[td]Friday, June 17, 2016[/td]

[td]10:47 AM EST[/td]

[td]11.5[/td]

[td]$1,300[/td]

[/TR]
[/table]

THAT'S BECAUSE THE YEEZY MARKET IS FINALLY STARTING TO REACH THE POINT WHERE THERE ARE GOING TO BE MORE SELLERS THAN BUYERS WHEN IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE OPPOSITE.

WILL THIS CONTINUE? WE WILL SEE. HOPEFULLY ADIDAS DOESN'T FOLLOW THE SAME PATH AS NIKE'S RETRO JORDANS MISTAKE.

I really thought people learned some lessons from the Jordan resell market. Resell value isn't real till you cash out so all these valuations mean nothing if interest drops and prices do along with it.

Just buy what you like and will actually wear. If you bought a pair just to trade or flip then do that and keep it moving.
Couldnt agree with you more.

THAT'S BECAUSE THE YEEZY MARKET IS FINALLY STARTING TO REACH THE POINT WHERE THERE ARE GOING TO BE MORE SELLERS THAN BUYERS WHEN IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE OPPOSITE.

WILL THIS CONTINUE? WE WILL SEE. HOPEFULLY ADIDAS DOESN'T FOLLOW THE SAME PATH AS NIKE'S RETRO JORDANS MISTAKE.
what was nike's jordan mistake? selling the same amount of sneakers at higher prices because they knew they could?

adidas can't even get their boost production up 
laugh.gif

what was nike's jordan mistake? selling the same amount of sneakers at higher prices because they knew they could?
I dont think he's talking about Nike sales. I think he's talking about ppl reselling Jordans. How once interest dropped, so did prices

Which path? Producing enough pairs so anyone who wants to get one at retail has a fair chance of doing so? 

Why would anyone want that. It would kill the resale market! 
wink.gif

BINGO.

JOSH FROM STOCKX WROTE A BEAUTIFUL ARTICLE ON THE WHOLE THING. WISH I STILL HAD THE LINK. I DON'T LIKE SELLING ON STOCKX BUT DAMN ARE HIS ARTICLES ON POINT.

prices in the resell market dropped.. so how's that nike's mistake?
hes NOT saying its Nike's fault. He's saying its resellers fault for not unloading when they should have and that market value is not a real thing unless you have sold and got cash. just like the stock market, its all speculation.

JB lost steam because they started dropping retros damn near weekly.  What came along with dropping so many pairs so quickly were a lot of colorways that people weren't interested in.  They never gave their core base who actually are still buying Jordans now the ability to recover.

Raising prices didn't really affect the consumer as much as it affected what was arguably their largest customer base in the last 5 years, resellers.

Once resellers no longer purchased certain releases then Jordans started to become more available which made the people that were only into Jordans the last couple years because everybody didn't have a pair of this or that release lose interest.

Things actually ended up better for people that like and buy Jordans except for higher retail but at least now they can get releases.

Yeah, I don't really see Nike's "fault". They're producing more pairs, selling them at a higher price point. To maintain some hype among the people who care about stuff like that, they produce new colorways in small numbers, like the shattered backboard pair.

I don't buy many Jordans, but it was nice that I could get a pair of WC4s easily, as opposed to PK NMDs which I'd like to have just as much, probably more. I know I don't represent every customer but I've always bought a fair amount of Adidas sneakers and right now they have me on the verge of giving up on them because it's become so hard to get many releases. 

my reading comprehension is pretty poor as i can't find the intricacies ya'll pointing out in what i thought was a pretty clear black/white statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom