ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some on my plats but it's hardly noticeable
Do you wear them occasionally? I found someone who's willing to trade solar reds for my TDs and GG all DS and I'm worried about paint chipping since I'll be wearing them at least once a weak depending on the season.

Therein lies the problem for adidas.

If 350s are sitting on shelves, readily available, will they continue to be wanted.

Look at all the new heads, and followers who won't buy Jordan's because they don't sell out anymore.

It's a win/win for people like you and me but to a lot of folks who "like" shoes...the perception is all they care about.
If people truly "like" the shoe as much as they do now, then yes, they will continue to be wanted, even if they were to GR/mass produce the 350's, 750's, etc.

I think we can agree that majority of people who buy yeezy's is solely because of the profit that could be had. Eliminate that, and the same effect will happen just as the Jordan Retro line.

Last edited:
If they truly "like" the shoe as much as they do now, then yes, they will continue to be wanted, even if they were to GR/mass produce the 350's, 750's, etc.

A lot of people have eased up from buying Jordan's because of how the resell market took a dramatic plunge due to being widely available.

I hope they get a roshe push...In this case, a pure boost/UB push and see if they're continually wanted by the masses.

The bounce did very well...cause of price point.

Yeezys line gonna end up at 70% off if he keep pulling these 600+ prices for stuff

edshoecator edshoecator That would be great if they did get that sort of push :nthat:

Maybe I'm just being salty and hoping for that sort of push because I have yet to hit at retail :lol:

Therein lies the problem for adidas.

If 350s are sitting on shelves, readily available, will they continue to be wanted.

Look at all the new heads, and followers who won't buy Jordan's because they don't sell out anymore.

It's a win/win for people like you and me but to a lot of folks who "like" shoes...the perception is all they care about.

At the risk of sounding like an "industry insider" if yeezys are gonna scale up and sell consistently they need to appeal to more than just sneaker minded people. Jordans may be less desirable to sneaker heads and enthusiasts but according to the numbers JB is selling more pairs and making more money than ever.

Contrary to popular belief, Yeezy isn't saving Adidas. They are doing just fine without him. He's boosting sales for sure, but him failing doesn't mean the end of the company.

Jordan's are sitting because they are out of style to be honest, in addition to the over saturation. Trainers are the hot thing now... That's why Nike is butchering the J brand with all these low versions of sneakers.

At the risk of sounding like an "industry insider" if yeezys are gonna scale up and sell consistently they need to appeal to more than just sneaker minded people. Jordans may be less desirable to sneaker heads and enthusiasts but according to the numbers JB is selling more pairs and making more money than ever.

Yup. Nikes outlet and community store push is part of it.

Folks who could care less about sneakers or social media are the biggest consumer.

Small minority of people paying $200 for yeezys.

They need to push an inline model, like a huarache, that will appeal to everyone and their price points.

ico7295 ico7295 A very good point made there. Trainers are definitely the "in" thing now.

Completely skimmed over that part about J's being out of style :lol: Nah, just people being more selective being that practically every weekend is another retro, even 2 to 3 styles that release.

Last edited:
I have some on my plats but it's hardly noticeable
Do you wear them occasionally? I found someone who's willing to trade solar reds for my TDs and GG all DS and I'm worried about paint chipping since I'll be wearing them at least once a weak depending on the season.

Yeah I wear mine a lot; at least 3 - 4 times a week. Even worked out in them a few times lol you should be fine.

Contrary to popular belief, Yeezy isn't saving Adidas. They are doing just fine without him. He's boosting sales for sure, but him failing doesn't mean the end of the company.

Jordan's are sitting because they are out of style to be honest, in addition to the over saturation. Trainers are the hot thing now... That's why Nike is butchering the J brand with all these low versions of sneakers.

Jordan's never went out of style :lol:

You guys sound foolish.

Nike had a focus group in Ny and one in L.a. A few years back and they said there focus was to kill resell. They wanted to focus on opening more community stores and making shoes more available.

Just because the Jordan's you buying ain't worth 3-400 no more doesn't mean they went out of style.

Jordans aren't going out of style

This is what I posted in the bordeaux 7 thread

When you say they're sitting you're implying that the shoes aren't being bought. If jordan brand is even more profitable now than it was in the past 5 years how is the conclusion you guys are drawing that they aren't selling? If anything it's only taking longer to sell out because the quantity of the products has gone up not because the hype has gone down. It's going to take longer to sell 10,000 shoes than it would to sell 2,000. But that doesn't mean 1. Pairs aren't moving and 2. Jordans aren't popular anymore. They may not have a cult Sneakerhead "exclusive" following anymore but that doesn't mean they're sitting in the sense that some of you are saying.

My only concern with the Adidas deal, which their execs are probably worried about, is how do you mass market a product when the masses hate the face behind the brand?

I can see people NOT buying just because Kanye's name is attached. Do they try to rebrand his image? Make him more appealing? Turn off his base consumer to get more dollars?

Will Kanye do a duet album with Taylor Swift?? :lol:

My only concern with the Adidas deal, which their execs are probably worried about, is how do you mass market a product when the masses hate the face behind the brand?

I can see people NOT buying just because Kanye's name is attached. Do they try to rebrand his image? Make him more appealing? Turn off his base consumer to get more dollars?

Will Kanye do a duet album with Taylor Swift?? :lol:

This was nikes main problem with giving him his own line.

Kanye is hated by a lot of people.

Jordan's never went out of style :lol:

You guys sound foolish.

Nike had a focus group in Ny and one in L.a. A few years back and they said there focus was to kill resell. They wanted to focus on opening more community stores and making shoes more available.

Just because the Jordan's you buying ain't worth 3-400 no more doesn't mean they went out of style.

Well maybe it's my LA location, but I don't see as many clunky Js on people's feet like before.

JB is making more money than ever because retros literally went from $160 MSRP to $190 MSRP in 1 year. That is almost a 20% increase per model sold. Nike also upped the numbers produced so more people could buy for retail. This move definitely hurt both resell and hype but they are also selling more shoes than ever, so Nike ends up winning in the end.

That said, I don't think Yeezys have as wide of an appeal as retro Jordans do. Everyone from young children to teens to older people wear Jordans. I think Yeezys would appeal to a lot of people but I honestly don't see them having the kind of mass appeal retro Jordans do because, quite simply, Jordan Brand has 30+ years of a very rich history behind it and, as such, people have an attachment to the brand.

Last edited:
Well maybe it's my LA location, but I don't see as many clunky Js on people's feet like before.

I'm in Los Angeles too.

You have fad hopping kids and adults who are Jordan hipsters now but Jordan's are everywhere.

I think comfort in the older demographic is growing, cause I'm definitely not wearing js as much but I still cop them.

Either way, if more is made, just means more to go around :wink:

Hope Ye sticks to his words about everyone that wants will have.

This was nikes main problem with giving him his own line.

Kanye is hated by a lot of people.

Yep, anyone who says Kanye isn't much more hated than MJ is completely delusional. MJ had a lot of issues (gambling, cheating on his wife, being a d**k to people, etc.) but, overall, he always had the media on his side. Kanye, on the other hand..

Mass produce 350s for $100 retail so when the midsole paint cracks and chips I can trash them and get a new pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom