ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never doubted adidas ability to make a great performance shoe. the question is will Kanye himself allow them to do so? 

when i was in school i took some engineering design classes. and one thing i learned is that theres a reason why many cars of the same class across different brands resemble each other is because as time goes on certain things become standard, like the best air bag placement, the best bumper size and overall shape, or the best contours on the body, lighting and all that. manufacturers keep those standards in mind while designing their cars. I think the same goes for shoes, specifically performance shoes. unless kanye has already familiarized himself with all those things I dont think he could come up with a design on his own that would meet the standards for a performance shoe.

Nah, they will outsource a lot of the performance line design to other designers. Nike did the same exact thing with Jordan Brand-even though Tinker was head of design or whatever, he didn't design every team Jordan shoe and whatnot.. Kanye will probably still design at the same rate for the main line but the other teams may simply consult with him or have him sign off on designs, but otherwise he would likely not be a major part of the process.

Last edited:
Nah, they will outsource a lot of the performance line design to other designers. Nike did the same exact thing with Jordan Brand-even though Tinker was head of design or whatever, he didn't design every team Jordan shoe and whatnot.. Kanye will probably still design at the same rate for the main line but the other teams may simply consult with him or have him sign off on designs, but otherwise he would likely not be a major part of the process.

As long as kanye's ego is okay with that in the name of expanding the brand, I'd think it would be successful

As long as kanye's ego is okay with that in the name of expanding the brand, I'd think it would be successful

Well he literally did the exact same thing with his music.. During the College Dropout era, he would produce every beat from scratch (programming drums/sampling records/having musicians play over his beats by himself) soon afterwards he started having co-producers (Jon Brion, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, etc.) so that he could produce more in less time. Nowadays, he is more of a curator and composer than the lone beatmaker he was during the College Dropout era but, he is still a producer nonetheless, even of he isn't necessarily programming the drums on his records.

Last edited:
Well he literally did the exact same thing with his music.. During the College Dropout era, he would produce every beat from scratch (programming drums/sampling records/having musicians play over his beats by himself) soon afterwards he started having co-producers (Jon Brion, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, etc.) so that he could produce more in less time. Nowadays, he is more of a curator and composer than the lone beatmaker he was during the College Dropout era but, he is still a producer nonetheless, even of he isn't necessarily programming the drums on his records.
fair point!

come to think about it i did see a mock up of a "Yeezy Bounce" yesterday on twitter somewhere

This person gets it. Kanye doesn't design much today. I don't know if he designs the sneakers but I know he doesn't design the clothes. For the clothes he chooses looks and materials, but doesn't draw.

And why should he? He has a million other things to do. I know another fashion CEO that does the same. He worries about the business and just approves the looks and designs his CCO/Creative Director produces.

Resellers will be fine. As stated yesterday, they would resell tickets to their mother's funeral.

Jordan GRs are on FC, StockX, Goat, etc. GR Yeezys will be there too.

OG Jordans go for way more than the re-releases do. The same will go for Yeezys.

I said something very similar when his Adidas line started first releasing. About hoping YZY would have a line with a branded logo and whatnot. I got ripped for even suggesting it. Here we are tho
happy.gif
laugh.gif

This person gets it. Kanye doesn't design much today. I don't know if he designs the sneakers but I know he doesn't design the clothes. For the clothes he chooses looks and materials, but doesn't draw.

And why should he? He has a million other things to do. I know another fashion CEO that does the same. He worries about the business and just approves the looks and designs his CCO/Creative Director produces.
The reason why I brought up designing is because thats exactly the kind of creative control he was demanding from nike when he jumped ship. He made the biggest fuss about no one giving him a chance to be creative when it came to things other than music. Just seemed a little hypocritical to me that he would he would relegate himself to such a hands off position when it comes to designs after the huge fuss he made.

The reason why I brought up designing is because thats exactly the kind of creative control he was demanding from nike when he jumped ship. He made the biggest fuss about no one giving him a chance to be creative when it came to things other than music. Just seemed a little hypocritical to me that he would he would relegate himself to such a hands off position when it comes to designs after the huge fuss he made.

Kanye strikes me as an idea, visions kinda person. I think the creative control he seeks is having a team to execute on that vision the way he sees fit.

I mean, we've seen his sketches (shoes, the bed, etc), they aren't THAT great. Which is fine. I can't draw a straight line (free hand) to save my life, I'm still pretty creative.

Last edited:
remember those ultra boost looking shoes with a yeezy like midsole? maybe those will be more available than the other yeezys and will be a start of this sub brand project

Some were like: never, Ye is all about high fashion - Gildan?
Some were like: he's not a basketball player like Jordan - Performance line/Team Yeezy?

I could mention a few more, but, you get the idea 8)

That's been his whole life. Just like how Dame thought Ye was just a producer.

remember those ultra boost looking shoes with a yeezy like midsole? maybe those will be more available than the other yeezys and will be a start of this sub brand project

The rumor was, that those will be sold without any association to Kanye

Kanye X Adidas could be very successful if they surround him with the right people. All alone, he may fizzle after the initial rush.

Even if I could forgive the spiral pattern, I can't deal with that stripe.

They are still going to sell out though.  If people bought 950s they'll buy anything.
Yeezy is trying to appeal to everyone. These are just for those people who miss having a big giant obnoxious nike swoosh going accross the side of their shoe. but instead of a swoosh its an equally obnoxious streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom