ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a year from now no one will be talking about V1's. People want the newest stuff Kanye wears. Everything about the V2 is better imo. I think only a very small percentage will want "OG's" just to say they "have OG's".

Last edited:
^ Disagree.

Nothing can replace the V1 class in terms of aesthetic.

Yes.. the V2's are a noticable upgrade. But not everyone liked that stripe, nor the letters.

In a year from now no one will be talking about V1's. People want what Kanye wears. Everything about the V2 is better imo. I think only a very small percentage will want "OG's" just to say they "have OG's".

I think prices will def keep going up but overall interest and hype will go down. Kinda like the yeezy 2. Still worth a ton but not much buzz

I hear you. This is just the first V2 to drop and the line as a whole is still new. So many options will be available a year from now.

I wanted these so bad but my only option right now is dropping $800 on resell.  Never bought on the resell market and can't get myself to drop that kind of doe on sneakers.  might be inclined to sell my used OT for these lol.

In a year from now no one will be talking about V1's. People want the newest stuff Kanye wears. Everything about the V2 is better imo. I think only a very small percentage will want "OG's" just to say they "have OG's".
No one wears Kanye's LV shoes anymore but holy sh*t are the expensive now.

For those who own V1s, can someone speak on the cracking issues and whether their pairs have had this? I've heard the moonrocks have cracking issues but idk about the other 

I think the opposite will happen and if anything the OGs will be referenced more and more as a comparison against what's new.  I can't go on instagram nowadays without seeing pics of Turtle Doves and Pirate Blacks next to the V2.  As new shoes drop, I think you'll still see them compared against the OGs, so they'll stay in the public mindset.

What WILL happen (already is) is the OGs will continue to go higher and higher in value so they will be actually seen less on the streets.  They're now iconic, like a classic car.

For those who own V1s, can someone speak on the cracking issues and whether their pairs have had this? I've heard the moonrocks have cracking issues but idk about the other 
Happens with mine..been at it for months. But it doesn't look like it's gonna-fall-apart-cracking u got me?

And Moonrocks. Moon..rocks..get it? 
happy.gif

Last edited:

Happens with mine..been at it for months. But it doesn't look like it's gonna-fall-apart-cracking u got me?

And Moonrocks. Moon..rocks..get it? 
happy.gif

lol 

Sorry not too familiar with the v1, is the sole painted which is what cracks, or is it the actual rubber

think you wrong too , you are greatly underestimating how many people prefer simple designs 

yeah all of them crack but some easier than others heard the turtle doves crack easier than moon rocks. 

I really refuse to believe that this next 750 release is going to be so close to the GG, doesn't make sense. I need chocolates

Don't fall for the hype of the moment. V2s have better quality and comfort but no way they are gonna make people forget about the V1s. The thing that attracted me and many to 350s in the first place is how simple they look. You don't have that with the V2.

The V1s really have a generic look to them, only the Turtle Doves stood out. What makes Yeezy a yeezy is that "wow" factor, that loud vibrant design. That's what i get from the V2s. PBs, Tans, and MRs are for when you want to play it safe. The way i see it, the stripe is Ye's attempt to brand with 350 without using a simple adidas logo

I am a true 11, 11.5 in Ultra boost. Ordered the V2s in 11 and 11.5 to choose my best fit.
11 was impossible. And even 11.5 hurt my toes so bad after some hours of wearing that I decided to let both pairs go...
With 6 pairs of 350s and 750s in my closet, i just cannot have a pair that is too uncomfortable to wear.
Even my 750 are so much more comfy than the V2s -at least for me... Have quite wide feet though.

This model was just not made for me ;-)
bummer...but also though, props on landing both sizes

The V1s really have a generic look to them, only the Turtle Doves stood out. What makes Yeezy a yeezy is that "wow" factor, that loud vibrant design. That's what i get from the V2s. PBs, Tans, and MRs are for when you want to play it safe. The way i see it, the stripe is Ye's attempt to brand with 350 without using a simple adidas logo

The wow factor IS the simplicity of the V1's. You dont need a bright stripe or pop of color to have a wow factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom