ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not everything yeezy affiliated sell out. not sure where people been for seasons 1-2 where a lot of yeezy products sat and even went on discounts. the price still matters a lot as well as the style. the 750s is just not the average consumers style and certainly not at the 350 plus tax price point. but adidas probably would still sell out the 750s at the 350s production rate. but 750s would likely sit if it was produced in lets say converse all stars production numbers

Last edited:
Depends if you asked that question now or before the first release.

Well the question can still be asked because Kanye and adidas are expanding right? That could very well mean huge increases in production numbers across the board moving forward. Sure the limited releases up to that point will always be worth more on the resell market but moving forward when the exclusiveness and the limited numbers are no longer a factor and everyone has access to them it literally just makes them another adidas x designer shoe. Y-3 is a perfect example of what it looks like the Yeezy line is trying to become. Higher retail prices + abundant quantity = no hype from sneaker heads. The fact that people pay double triple retail for NMDs and yeezys but havent even ventured into Y-3 blows my mind sometimes.

But to me that doesn't take away from Kanye's impact of his influence. At this level it's def a sweet spot between demand and supply, but if you start scaling up to the point where fleets of brick and mortar Yeezy stores need to be stocked to even run, that instant sellout isn't going to happen at that level.

Child's play, get that Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95
Ah yes, almost forgot about Leica, Canon 50mm 1.0, maybe? Though that 50 0.95 is great, that DOF is too narrow, you need that touch to work it, narrow DOF+viewfinder = a lot of unintentionally out of focus photos. But F that, it's all about that BOKEH though, haha.

If NMDs sell out, Yeezys in those same numbers will sell out. The perfect solution here is to have an entry level model, $160 price point

and mass produce that and keep the 350/750 numbers as is.

You keep things exclusive while giving accessible products to everyone.

I just typed what most people are already thinking I guess...

Im not writing a whole paragraph fam.

Hype now >>>> hype before.

And that's the beautiful thing about opinions, everyone's allowed to have one.

No doubt in my mind that Kanye can sell out 50,000 pairs, no doubt in my mind he can sell out 500,000 pairs. But when those stores open and yeezys become normalized, and each release gets produced in the same numbers as all of the other adidas x designer brands. The craziness will subside overall.

And that's the beautiful thing about opinions, everyone's allowed to have one.

No doubt in my mind that Kanye can sell out 50,000 pairs, no doubt in my mind he can sell out 500,000 pairs. But when those stores open and yeezys become normalized, and each release gets produced in the same numbers as all of the other adidas x designer brands. The craziness will subside overall.
Curious to see what will happen when kanye opens up his retail stores and his stuff is more widely available 

If NMDs sell out, Yeezys in those same numbers will sell out. The perfect solution here is to have an entry level model, $160 price point

and mass produce that and keep the 350/750 numbers as is.

You keep things exclusive while giving accessible products to everyone.

I just typed what most people are already thinking I guess...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see their release/expansion strategy. Price tiers def make sense though. But if they start scaling up like they're were talking about earlier this year what would be the point of keeping whole models exclusive? Adidas is a huge multi national/multi billion dollar brand. I doubt their goal is throw some small Yeezy boutiques scattered around the world. The announcement made it seem like adidas was trying to make Yeezy their Jordan Brand

Aren't Y3s produced in a limited fashion? People on here are saying Y3s are mass produced, people just don't care for them anymore like they used to.

Anyone with more info the V2 Pink/Black 350?

Probably my favorite color other than the all white/beige 350 set to release (the semi GR white/black looks nice too). Is it just a sample at this point? I know the other 3 Black V2 350's release on Black Friday.

http://sneakernews.com/2016/09/20/yeezy-boost-350-v2-upcoming-releases/
they are rumored to release on black friday together with the "orange" and yellow/green stripped pair 

I definitely need those. Black and red is always great. Plus it looks awesome  to the general admission tour shirt 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Aren't Y3s produced in a limited fashion? People on here are saying Y3s are mass produced, people just don't care for them anymore like they used to.

They're limited in terms of they're made by the season and then stop. They're def not limited in quantity though. How could they be with their own stores ariund the world plus tons of other retail/websites carrying the brand for sale

Last edited:
Ye said it in an interview where his struggle is maintaining popularity on the music side enough to keep his name popular, while also dipping into the 'fashion' world. It goes hand in hand for him. We're not following Yohji's (Y3) life...we just know he designs shoes. Ye got the music side to help with his popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qasa and Qasa low are the best Y-3 and they don't have boost; that could be why? Only boost one is Yohji boost, I think.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see their release/expansion strategy. Price tiers def make sense though. But if they start scaling up like they're were talking about earlier this year what would be the point of keeping whole models exclusive? Adidas is a huge multi national/multi billion dollar brand. I doubt their goal is throw some small Yeezy boutiques scattered around the world. The announcement made it seem like adidas was trying to make Yeezy their Jordan Brand

The goal is to not grow prematurely and destroy hype. They've been slowly increasing releases and I see monthly releases in the future.

They clearly can't open a store right now, we're talking years down the line.

They're limited in terms of they're made by the season and then stop. They're def not limited in quantity though. How could they be with their own stores ariund the world plus tons of other retail/websites carrying the brand for sale

Let's put it this way. There are WAY more Beluga V2s than the Jerry-knits or any single Y3 silo. Most of the models simply don't have that demand.

The goal is to not grow prematurely and destroy hype. They've been slowly increasing releases and I see monthly releases in the future.

They clearly can't open a store right now, we're talking years down the line.

Absolutely agree with that. My point is that even with slow growth the assumption that they hype factor won't level off isn't realistic in my opinion. Like let's say in 10 years yeezys grows huge, and becomes adidas equivalent to Jordan Brand, you don't think the whole Yeezy factor won't have normalized by then? Kinda like how the Jordan 11 hype has normalized and leveled off? Like who's out here paying $500-600 for Jordan 11s anymore? No one.
Let's put it this way. There are WAY more Beluga V2s than the Jerry-knits or any single Y3 silo. Most of the models simply don't have that demand.

No doubt that when the Yeezy brand picks up steam it's gonna be way larger than Y-3. But I think Y-3 is scaled perfectly to its market. Just like as a whole Jordan brand is scaled to its market (aside from the limited releases every now and then). Is Yeezy going to keep growing to the point where they scale to the market? Like is it going to get to the point where "everyone who wants yeezys gets yeezys" Or are they just going to continue the limited runs for ever?

Last edited:
​That's the one I was talking about: those are dope. But the Qasa is flames, I just hate that tubular sole.

Qasas feel way more comfortable to me than regular tubulars but that's just me. Also The qr runs are actually a high bird of both. Fore foot has boost and the back end/her is tubular.

Strike while the iron is hot and Kanye is definitely cooling down musically. Adidas ain't gonna wait till 2026 before making him "normalized"

Guau!!!

Last monday I have received my first 350s and I am really happy.

They are super comfortable, and very nice :smile:

I got them in a raffle online, I´m a lucky man.

pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom