ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good points.

But I still don't think it will matter. If they produced 250,000 pairs of the Belugas, it will fly off the shelves. Yes, more people will want them, but the "exclusivity nerds" will just wait for a limited Yeezy drop.

The beauty of the Yeezy train is, it's just starting so anything they come up with in the future, no matter how GR it is, is new. No one had a pair of Pirate Blacks in '01.

People will still gravitate to the brand because it's a radical design and no one has it. 250,000 pairs IS A LOT. But will not be enough.

Opening a store will be the problem. They need to have it stocked every single day with products.

So far, Adidas has proven that they knew what they're doing, I'm sure they have the expansion plans jotted down and I'm curious to see what happens in 2 years.
250k is a lot of pairs but im almost positive thats significantly less than what nike jb is doing per release on lets say a presto or a huarache or like the aqua 8s that dropped recently. unless adidas really isnt planning to make YEEZY as big as they say and as he claims, 250k pairs per release isnt going to cut for the money they must be sinking into kanye. normalizing the brand means more shelf space in stores, it means more pairs on feet. go into any big box sneaker store and nike/jb owns literally 65% of the shelf space. thats how you become normalized. anything less than is just expensive advertising as far as i see it.
Have you heard tracks? I'm stili waiting for Juelz X Wayne I can't Feel My Face album
laugh.gif
damn near 10 years and still nothing. i wont be able to listen to makeshift studio mixtape quality in 2016 
laugh.gif
 itll be like watching something on vhs

But what about Jordan Brand? Aren't they having some of the highest profit they've ever seen, all while saturating the market?
I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out that what was once the most hyped Nike sub brand is now all but dismissed except by the most loyal of fans.

I agree with what you say regarding Jordan Brand. More sales at higher price points will definitely lead to greater profits. Especially now that tons of 'non-sneakerheads' can get them.

I feel that companies marketing to sneakerheads are the same as car companies marketing to car enthusiasts. Sure, as the enthusiast group, you feel like you're important to the brand, but in all honesty, we're niche markets and are just a drop in the bucket. Companies make way more selling to the masses.

Market seems low on those right now, just at 1k I think. I would try to get away with a straight trade, or maybe add $100-$200. Maybe that's undercutting a little.

I was thinking around 200 but they asked for 300.. idk they will be my first 750 im still unsure about them.. i like the design and CW just more about actually wearing them[emoji]129300[/emoji]

THIS IS AN INTERESTING TOPIC.. THE EVOLVEMENT OF THE SNEAKERHEAD CULTURE HAS ALWAYS BEEN PRETTY INTERESTING AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE.. I PERSONALLY THINK THE INTERNET KILLED IT IN SOME WAYS.

THERE'S THIS DOPE DOCUMENTARY ON NETFLIX ABOUT US.. SNEAKERHEADZ

250k is a lot of pairs but im almost positive thats significantly less than what nike jb is doing per release on lets say a presto or a huarache or like the aqua 8s that dropped recently. unless adidas really isnt planning to make YEEZY as big as they say and as he claims, 250k pairs per release isnt going to cut for the money they must be sinking into kanye. normalizing the brand means more shelf space in stores, it means more pairs on feet. go into any big box sneaker store and nike/jb owns literally 65% of the shelf space. thats how you become normalized. anything less than is just expensive advertising as far as i see it.

If the ultra boosts can sell out restocks after restocks... Imagine a FRESH drop every other Saturday.

They obviously need to tier products to cater to different people but there will always be that NEW NEW that people will line up for.

If the ultra boosts can sell out restocks after restocks... Imagine a FRESH drop every other Saturday.

They obviously need to tier products to cater to different people but there will always be that NEW NEW that people will line up for.
UBs only sell out for us here in Canada :frown:

Don't you remember the days when you could pretty much get newer model Js AND retros with ease? Hype of Retro Js really only started to reach a peak from 2011-2014. Before then, it was much like how it is now-you could pickup most retros with relative ease and many would sit/go to outlets.
but thats the thing, retros werent nearly as popular pre 2009 as they are now. they were sneaker head shoes made in numbers that correlated to the market. and even then they didnt "sit" from what i remember they just sold out over the course of the weekend/week. the market scaled to the popularity. jordans now are easy to get for a completely different reason than from back then.

I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out that what was once the most hyped Nike sub brand is now all but dismissed except by the most loyal of fans.

I agree with what you say regarding Jordan Brand. More sales at higher price points will definitely lead to greater profits. Especially now that tons of 'non-sneakerheads' can get them.

I feel that companies marketing to sneakerheads are the same as car companies marketing to car enthusiasts. Sure, as the enthusiast group, you feel like you're important to the brand, but in all honesty, we're niche markets and are just a drop in the bucket. Companies make way more selling to the masses.

Nike SB line was made up of the Dunk alone tho. It cannot be compared to what the Yeezy line is.

Of cours having 20 pairs of the same exact shoe with different colors will get tiresome.

Like I said, the YZY line is coming with ish almost every season.

V2s already dropped and they haven't even milked out the V1s.

Energy can be maintained in this model as opposed to the SB line.

but thats the thing, retros werent nearly as popular pre 2009 as they are now. they were sneaker head shoes made in numbers that correlated to the market. and even then they didnt "sit" from what i remember they just sold out over the course of the weekend/week. the market scaled to the popularity. jordans now are easy to get for a completely different reason than from back then.

You're correct that Js are sold in greater numbers now than ever before but my point was addressing the statement that Js are now a "i need a new pair of sneakers, im gonna go to the mall and pick something out" type of shoe, when, in fact, this was the case for a loooong time...

In 2001 I bought my first pair of retros (Columbia 11s) simply by walking into The Athlete's Foot and buying a pair. In fact, I went a few days after they released (I went on the weekend as I was in H.S.) and they had plenty of pairs, I was able to try on a couple different pairs before settling on my size 11. I recall doing the exact same thing with MANY retros I purchased during that time including WC 3s in 2003. I lived in Northern VA and still currently live in DC so it's not like I'm in an area where nobody cares about sneakers.

Last edited:
Wasn't it also Kanye that started the whole Y-3 hype as well? Once he began the yeezy line, everyone forgot about Y-3. Like others have stated, his influence on music and pop culture go hand in hand with his yeezy brand.

My 15 year old would vote Kanye for president if he were old enough to vote, so Kanye has some time!  Yeezys are still new in some parts of the country...I can almost guarantee there isn't a person in my town that has them but that's part of the attraction for a sneaker head in small town USA.  

Which album is his favorite?

Im glad that they went with the dark chocolate color, makes it different from the GG 750s. Hopefully i can cop manually or find an ATC service that isnt overpriced like rvspkingz

First, TLOP was more like Chance's album and Kanye showed up to lay down vocals. Great album, but Kanye wasn't focused on it.

Second, even Kanye said that doing music is to pay the bills/invest into clothing.

Third, do we really believe he has MORE fans now due to his music? If anything, all I hear is people complaining about wanting the old Kanye. People are more hyped for his merch/sneakers because of the resell associated with it.

Lastly, and could be irrelevant after this award season, Kanye has won a Grammy almost (missed 2007 and and 2011) every year since 2005. He hasn't won one since 2013.

You're implying that Grammys mean something.

Im glad that they went with the dark chocolate color, makes it different from the GG 750s. Hopefully i can cop manually or find an ATC service that isnt overpriced like rvspkingz

They're not dark. It's going to be the light chocolate browns

UBs only sell out for us here in Canada :frown:
Preach! I thought that by moving to Vancouver, I'd finally have a chance to pick up a pair in store. 2 months later the only pairs I've seen in stores have been the black, green, and blue pair, and the crimsons, but I have no interest in those :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom