ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree with that. My point is that even with slow growth the assumption that they hype factor won't level off isn't realistic in my opinion. Like let's say in 10 years yeezys grows huge, and becomes adidas equivalent to Jordan Brand, you don't think the whole Yeezy factor won't have normalized by then? Kinda like how the Jordan 11 hype has normalized and leveled off? Like who's out here paying $500-600 for Jordan 11s anymore? No one.

the problem here is, Jordans retro and ARE MOSTLY RETROS.

Yeezys are all new models and are adapting to the present while paving the way for the future.

The Yeezy 1 and the V2s cannot be any more different.

10 years from now, they wouldnt have re-released the red octobers 3 times right?

This may be similar to Jordan Brand, but the Yeezy brand is current and fresh.

Cooling down? TLOP came out not too long ago. :lol:

First, TLOP was more like Chance's album and Kanye showed up to lay down vocals. Great album, but Kanye wasn't focused on it.

Second, even Kanye said that doing music is to pay the bills/invest into clothing.

Third, do we really believe he has MORE fans now due to his music? If anything, all I hear is people complaining about wanting the old Kanye. People are more hyped for his merch/sneakers because of the resell associated with it.

Lastly, and could be irrelevant after this award season, Kanye has won a Grammy almost (missed 2007 and and 2011) every year since 2005. He hasn't won one since 2013.

Currently adidas.com/yeezy   
nerd.gif

First, TLOP was more like Chance's album and Kanye showed up to lay down vocals. Great album, but Kanye wasn't focused on it.

Second, even Kanye said that doing music is to pay the bills/invest into clothing.

Third, do we really believe he has MORE fans now due to his music? If anything, all I hear is people complaining about wanting the old Kanye. People are more hyped for his merch/sneakers because of the resell associated with it.

Lastly, and could be irrelevant after this award season, Kanye has won a Grammy almost (missed 2007 and and 2011) every year since 2005. He hasn't won one since 2013.
Grammys aren't bar for musical greatness or relevancy. 
laugh.gif

TLOP was fire, his music is poppin. You hear the vocal minority that can't move with the times and recognize growth. Every artist that lasts hears this. Like Jay said, "want my old s**t, buy my old album"

Millions of people still love Kanye's music.

the problem here is, Jordans retro and ARE MOSTLY RETROS.

Yeezys are all new models and are adapting to the present while paving the way for the future.

The Yeezy 1 and the V2s cannot be any more different.

10 years from now, they wouldnt have re-released the red octobers 3 times right?

This may be similar to Jordan Brand, but the Yeezy brand is current and fresh.
i agree with all you just said but i was only making the comparison in terms of magnitude of the brand. jordan retros are normalized because theyre everywhere now and made in huge numbers. they went from being a sneakerhead shoe to a "i need a new pair of sneakers, im gonna go to the mall and pick something out".Thats the who the majority of sneaker buyers are.  the way kanye speaks thats exactly what he wants the brand to turn into right? the silhouettes can be as fresh and new as can be if theyre out there in jordan brand numbers the "hype" isnt there anymore. And i dont mean hype=success=popularity. i mean the whole selling out out in minutes + reselling for quadruple retail as a whole for the brand in general is gonna stop. That does not mean the adidas x kanye brand wont be a successful brand and that they wont do well. the sneaker head bubble is just going to pop around them. just like it did for roshes, just like it did for jordan retros. both of which still sell well even though theyre not sneakerheads top choice anymore.

The sneakerhead bubble won't "pop", it'll just continue to evolve.  Big difference.  

Whose to say that they won't introduce new Kanye x Adidas models?  Then the hype continues.  

Bring on the 550's & Yeezy sandals! 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

The sneakerhead bubble won't "pop", it'll just continue to evolve.  Big difference.  
i think we're describing the same thing. sneaker heads "bubble" around certain brands, and certain shoes and certain styles. when the bubble pops whether cause those things became so big and got so popular (normalized) or they just became stale, they move on to a new brand or a new shoe or a new style. in my eyes evolving and trend hopping are the same thing. and i see nothing wrong with that. new styles come in and old styles go out. thats how things always are.

i think we're describing the same thing. sneaker heads "bubble" around certain brands, and certain shoes and certain styles. when the bubble pops whether cause those things became so big and got so popular (normalized) or they just became stale, they move on to a new brand or a new shoe or a new style. in my eyes evolving and trend hopping are the same thing. and i see nothing wrong with that. new styles come in and old styles go out. thats how things always are.
For example, take Nike SB.

Last edited:
Strike while the iron is hot and Kanye is definitely cooling down musically. Adidas ain't gonna wait till 2026 before making him "normalized"
Cooling down? TLOP came out not too long ago.
laugh.gif
I kind of agree with @Ico7295

Yes, Kanye is still very popular.  TLOP was.... ok.  Lot of garbage mixed in with some good stuff.  Not banger after banger like most of his previous albums though, IMO.   

You also have to consider that Kanye is 38 years old now.  How much longer does he really have?  How many kids are connecting with the music of a dude that is 2-3x older than they are?  You'll still have the older fans, but it does make you wonder.  

Then again, he's hitched his wagon to the Kardashian world.  They'll be popular for a few more years probably... but even with them, you start to wonder how much longer can they really keep interest?  Bunch of fake bishes buying clothes and houses on a TV show, and they are getting older too.  Fame never really lasts, for the most part.  

i agree with all you just said but i was only making the comparison in terms of magnitude of the brand. jordan retros are normalized because theyre everywhere now and made in huge numbers. they went from being a sneakerhead shoe to a "i need a new pair of sneakers, im gonna go to the mall and pick something out".Thats the who the majority of sneaker buyers are.  the way kanye speaks thats exactly what he wants the brand to turn into right? the silhouettes can be as fresh and new as can be if theyre out there in jordan brand numbers the "hype" isnt there anymore. And i dont mean hype=success=popularity. i mean the whole selling out out in minutes + reselling for quadruple retail as a whole for the brand in general is gonna stop. That does not mean the adidas x kanye brand wont be a successful brand and that they wont do well. the sneaker head bubble is just going to pop around them. just like it did for roshes, just like it did for jordan retros. both of which still sell well even though theyre not sneakerheads top choice anymore.

Very good points.

But I still don't think it will matter. If they produced 250,000 pairs of the Belugas, it will fly off the shelves. Yes, more people will want them, but the "exclusivity nerds" will just wait for a limited Yeezy drop.

The beauty of the Yeezy train is, it's just starting so anything they come up with in the future, no matter how GR it is, is new. No one had a pair of Pirate Blacks in '01.

People will still gravitate to the brand because it's a radical design and no one has it. 250,000 pairs IS A LOT. But will not be enough.

Opening a store will be the problem. They need to have it stocked every single day with products.

So far, Adidas has proven that they knew what they're doing, I'm sure they have the expansion plans jotted down and I'm curious to see what happens in 2 years.

Grammys aren't bar for musical greatness or relevancy. :lol:

TLOP was fire, his music is poppin. You hear the vocal minority that can't move with the times and recognize growth. Every artist that lasts hears this. Like Jay said, "want my old s**t, buy my old album"

Millions of people still love Kanye's music.

Wasn't Kanye gonna drop another album this summer (Turbo Grafx 16)?

Admittedly, I haven't been to any of his concerts (finally going to SP one in Nov) but how does the production compare to his other ones? From what I've heard and seen, it doesn't. A floating floor is a dope concept but how difficult was it to come up with?

My point is, Kanye is super busy. Music is not at the forefront of his career, fashion is. If Adidas is going to stall and wait 10 years before making him normalized, they are gonna miss the train. Hell, didn't he want to leave Adidas because they were moving to slow and forced their hands with this new contract? Thought I read that some where.

Wasn't Kanye gonna drop another album this summer (Turbo Grafx 16)?

Admittedly, I haven't been to any of his concerts (finally going to SP one in Nov) but how does the production compare to his other ones? From what I've heard and seen, it doesn't. A floating floor is a dope concept but how difficult was it to come up with?

My point is, Kanye is super busy. Music is not at the forefront of his career, fashion is. If Adidas is going to stall and wait 10 years before making him normalized, they are gonna miss the train. Hell, didn't he want to leave Adidas because they were moving to slow and forced their hands with this new contract? Thought I read that some where.
I wish I could say, but his philly date got pushed back right before I could go. 
eyes.gif

He should be busy though. Music is a gateway into other business if you're smart enough to leverage it that way. You don't eat off music anymore. It's really become a promotional tool at this point.

Kanye's name still draws people attention to a track though, whether it''s his or not. I for one still mess with Ye heavy. TLOP has  an 80% approval rating from me.

The Kanye x Drake album next year will be huge.  

If you think he's going to fall off musically, you're in for a surprise.  
laugh.gif

I wish I could say, but his philly date got pushed back right before I could go. :rolleyes

He should be busy though. Music is a gateway into other business if you're smart enough to leverage it that way. You don't eat off music anymore. It's really become a promotional tool at this point.

Kanye's name still draws people attention to a track though, whether it''s his or not. I for one still mess with Ye heavy. TLOP has  an 80% approval rating from me.

Agreed. Ye should be using music as a leverage (funds).

But for Adidas to take 10 years to make his brand normalized is a long time.

Think about it, if we had a kid today, are we still gonna be waiting for Yeezys to become readily available by the time our kid is in 4/5th grade?

jordan retros are normalized because theyre everywhere now and made in huge numbers. they went from being a sneakerhead shoe to a "i need a new pair of sneakers, im gonna go to the mall and pick something out".

Don't you remember the days when you could pretty much get newer model Js AND retros with ease? Hype of Retro Js really only started to reach a peak from 2011-2014. Before then, it was much like how it is now-you could pickup most retros with relative ease and many would sit/go to outlets.

I kind of agree with @Ico7295

Yes, Kanye is still very popular.  TLOP was.... ok.  Lot of garbage mixed in with some good stuff.  Not banger after banger like most of his previous albums though, IMO.   

You also have to consider that Kanye is 38 years old now.  How much longer does he really have?  How many kids are connecting with the music of a dude that is 2-3x older than they are?  You'll still have the older fans, but it does make you wonder.  

Then again, he's hitched his wagon to the Kardashian world.  They'll be popular for a few more years probably... but even with them, you start to wonder how much longer can they really keep interest?  Bunch of fake bishes buying clothes and houses on a TV show, and they are getting older too.  Fame never really lasts, for the most part.  
My 15 year old would vote Kanye for president if he were old enough to vote, so Kanye has some time!  Yeezys are still new in some parts of the country...I can almost guarantee there isn't a person in my town that has them but that's part of the attraction for a sneaker head in small town USA.  

Agreed. Ye should be using music as a leverage (funds).

But for Adidas to take 10 years to make his brand normalized is a long time.

Think about it, if we had a kid today, are we still gonna be waiting for Yeezys to become readily available by the time our kid is in 4/5th grade?

The problem is that once 350s start sitting, the psychological effect of them being an aspirational product subsides... They just become another $220 shoe that anyone can get and nobody on Instagram will care about.

I don't agree with this but that's the way things are, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom