ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this isnt the first time a consignment shop has skipped town with customers shoes. yall gotta stop investing in these small shops

some of y'all act like there no rich people in the world :lol:

$1700 is nothing to some people (not me). I used to work at a hotel where people regularly dropped $2k plus a night not including food/drinks etc. some people just have money to burn

whats the going rate (or even a fair price) for a pair of DS moonrocks in a 8-9? the only pair of V1s i dont have .. been thinking about grabbing them ..

Last edited:
some of y'all act like there no rich people in the world
laugh.gif

$1700 is nothing to some people (not me). I used to work at a hotel where people regularly dropped $2k plus a night not including food/drinks etc. some people just have money to burn
It's true, but those are usually the ones that don't earn it (not always the case of course, but its easier to blow money if it came easily or was handed to you). The most I've ever spent on a pair of shoes is $350 and thats retail of the 750's. A lot of successful people are frugal regardless of whether they "have it like that", it just doesn't make sense to waste (which is relative and subjective). Jobs are created by it though, so...by all means

Stu was the man and kolorblind used to be a cool spot when he was running it. Last time I went in there over a year ago a fat guy with attitude was running it.. I personally never sold with them tho because my friend did and their "contract" was a ripped out page of a paper notebook and he had to actively hunt them down to get paid. All around shady for quite sometime now.

Black/White 350 V2s not releasing in November either apparently. Wonder what that will do to resale values of 750s? 

When stock dries up it will skyrocket like every yeezy
Yea, but I was referencing more how much the fact that the uncertainty of the next release would dictate their pricing. Since it will now be harder for some ppl to tell themselves to move on to the next release. 

i think we can learn by now that ym doesnt have the date nor do they know if adidas will be dropping them in november or not. 

i think we can learn by now that ym doesnt have the date nor do they know if adidas will be dropping them in november or not. 
Agreed. I just think psychologically some ppl who read that will mind game themselves into debating if they should cop resale 750s just by seeing that rumor.

this isnt the first time a consignment shop has skipped town with customers shoes. yall gotta stop investing in these small shops
hear you (happened in philly last year - shop absconded with customers shoes) ... but all shops start off as a small outfit. FlightClub was a small hole in the wall shop behind Pace University in the beginning before it became the model for consignment, Nike was a small shop knocking off Asic Tiger kicks before coming up with the 'waffle' sole and growing to a forutne 500 corp - folks need to do due diligence before doing business. 

I'm sure Yeezy Mafia is somewhere right now blindfolded and throwing darts at a calendar so they can get us the latest info on the release date.

I think it's safe to say YM is washed. They had a nice little run of luck where their "info" was correct for like 2 months. They've been wrong about most things though lately.

I say all the time Yeezy Mafia has as much info as we do. I don't understand why people continue to take their word as if they're the bible.

I personally couldnt agree more about the YM being wrong a lot, and that all of their info is speculation. I just know that the mass population takes their word as gold. So because of this, I'm sure the resale market is affected by the info they put out. As stupid as it is.

The big problem with YM, aside from not disclosing certain elements of their information gathering, is that they just don't even confront the facts when they're totally wrong. They just delete tweets that make them look bad.

The way to ignore them is to only follow more trustworthy sources

FC started out small behind NYU, not Pace and they were one of the first to do it. this was before all the social media and any consignment shop and even before online shopping for kicks. they came a long way and got a great reputation. theres too many other small consignment shops tryna start up now to model after what fc did/does and most are brand new owners that eventually get too money hungry and run away with customers products. a few consignment shops did that. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom