ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather spend money on clothes than shoes.

If you're willing to spend $220 on a pair of shoes that absorb your feet sweat and step on dirty ground, then you shouldn't have an issue spending just as much or more on clothes that don't get nearly as dirty.

Don't get me wrong, I love sneakers, but too often I see people spend too much on shoes and put no thought into the rest of their outfit.

Spending money doesn't equate to putting thought into dressing. Plenty of people spend thousands on a fit and look ridiculous (most rappers, for instance). While plenty of people rock Banana Republic and look dope as hell.

True but its an oversized hoodie. Whether you spend $375 on that or $75 on a Topman equivalent, the fact that its just a PLAIN oversized hoodie negates that whole notion youre trying to say.

Now if it was a gaudy Vetement hoodie that cost a g that looks ridiculous vs an oversized hoodie from HM then you have a case of people looking foolish.

Happy New Year YZY Thread fam! Here's to more members copping for retail 
smokin.gif

Any announcement if this thread's going to be closed for a newer 2017 thread tho like the old one?

True but its an oversized hoodie. Whether you spend $375 on that or $75 on a Topman equivalent, the fact that its just a PLAIN oversized hoodie negates that whole notion youre trying to say.

Now if it was a gaudy Vetement hoodie that cost a g that looks ridiculous vs an oversized hoodie from HM then you have a case of people looking foolish.

It doesn't negate anything I said. In fact, you're making my argument for me. I never said that expensive clothes look ridiculous. But you are admitting that you can easily get an oversized hoodie for a third of the price of a Yeezy hoodie that will still look dope. Like I said, something costing a lot doesn't mean it looks good.

And for me, ain't nothing a SLP tee can do for me that one from Express can't.

Last edited:
But youre sayibg just cause its expensive doesnt mean it will look good or theres any thought or whatever. An expensive PLAIN hoodie will look good as is the cheaper counterpart as well.

I would rather spend money on clothes than shoes.

If you're willing to spend $220 on a pair of shoes that absorb your feet sweat and step on dirty ground, then you shouldn't have an issue spending just as much or more on clothes that don't get nearly as dirty.

Don't get me wrong, I love sneakers, but too often I see people spend too much on shoes and put no thought into the rest of their outfit.
Why spend $100 or $375 for a hoodie when you can spend WAY less and get a similar or even identical look. Logic behind shoes is if I get tired of them I can sell them for retail if not more (obviously if they are heat). Try doing that with a used $375 hoodie.

Last edited:
Niketalk: where everyone drives an M3, wears bootcut denim, and thinks a $20 outfit from Target/Walmart will be fresh as long as their kicks is clean

Why spend $100 or $375 for a hoodie when you can spend WAY less and get a similar or even identical look. Logic behind shoes is if I get tired of them I can sell them for retail if not more (obviously if they are heat). Try doing that with a used $375 hoodie.

Some people got the juice for it, nothing wrong.

Niketalk: where everyone drives an M3, wears bootcut denim, and thinks a $20 outfit from Target/Walmart will be fresh as long as their kicks is clean

A lot of my stuff is Forever 21, HM, online start up brands, etc. As long as the look is there. If I had the money id mix both expensive and cheaper stuff.

But youre sayibg just cause its expensive doesnt mean it will look good or theres any thought or whatever. An expensive PLAIN hoodie will look good as is the cheaper counterpart as well.

Never said that. You're stating the inverse of what I actually said. Of course a plain expensive hoodie will look good, because a plain hoodie is hard to mess up. And I would also agree that an expensive piece will be higher quality. But, for me, the delta in quality for certain things isn't enough to justify the designer premium. I'll buy SLP Wyatts and CP Chelseas all day (and I'm considering buying a Balmain Officer's Coat) but I would never buy designer jeans or shirts when Bonobos and Banana Republic more than get the job done.

Again, expensive doesn't mean good (and it also doesn't mean bad).

Never said that. You're stating the inverse of what I actually said. Of course a plain expensive hoodie will look good, because a plain hoodie is hard to mess up. And I would also agree that an expensive piece will be higher quality. But, for me, the delta in quality for certain things isn't enough to justify the designer premium. I'll buy SLP Wyatts and CP Chelseas all day (and I'm considering buying a Balmain Officer's Coat) but I would never buy designer jeans or shirts when Bonobos and Banana Republic more than get the job done.

Again, expensive doesn't mean good (and it also doesn't mean bad).

True true.

I wear my Hanes T and Sweaters from Target and jeans from H&M with my kicks. Looks fresh to me 
nthat.gif

#FreshOnABudget 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Got someone requesting a refund for a pair of red V2s I sent him. Saying I sent him 2 different sizes, 1 size 9 and 1 size 10. I know I didn't send him that considering there's no possible way I would even fit a 10. He sent pics of the bottoms and there's a red stain that wasn't there when I sent it. I'm going to upload a pic of the bottoms I took before sending it to him. What are the chances of me winning with paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom